Are you excited for the 2014 season? If so, why?

dupree89

Reaction score
No, not excited. Until Coach Jones' fingerprints are off this team, I will not be excited and I will have no hope.
The end.

Doomsay

Reaction score
It would be exciting if we cut a number of vets and picked up some good young talent in the draft, something to build on when we potentially get a new coach.

We essentially had the division gifted to us over the past few seasons and Brainfart McGarrett couldn't not screw it up. It doesn't look like our schedule will be as kind this season and unlike Valley Ranch, other teams in the division are making changes to address prior years' short comings rather than essentially re-titling their staffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Post this topic just prior to training camps opening in July and I'll promise you they'll be plenty of FANS excited about the Cowboys chances heading into the 2014 season. The 2013 season just ended a few weeks ago and Seattle was just crowned SB champs last week so the wounds from the Cowboys latest mediocre season are still festering for even the most optimistic FANS. Believe me once free agency starts and the Cowboys sign a couple of mid-tier free agents and they make their draft selections in May what happened in 2013 will be long forgotten for some. The annual bold predictions for the upcoming season will start hitting the board right around mini camps. It doesn't take much to get FANS pumped up the hiring of Scott Linehan just over a week ago has one FAN already talking playoffs for the 2014 season. :rolleyes:

The addition of Linehan gives the team what 2-3 OC's now? Who says the Cowboys are dysfunctional? LOL Just prior to training camp opening last season a video was posted of Garrett addressing the players many commented on how different he sounded. One FAN claimed prior to hearing Garrett's speech he was thinking 6-10 to 8-8 in 2013 but after hearing the speech he was now going with 12-4 and a playoff win. :cool: You gotta love the FANS on this board it's like an evening at the improv here. FANS live in the moment and with every mediocre 500 season a few receive their reality check but some refuse to cash them and remain overly optimistic. I've been following the Cowboys since they won their first SB in 71 and have seen the best and worst of times.

You could easily see when the arrow was pointing up with the team and when it was pointing down. The arrow is currently pointing straight down and the bottom is about to fall out. You can see this train wreck coming a mile away too bad Jerry can't see it. The Cowboys have become a laughing stock. Jerry and Stephen are the Barnum and Bailey of a circus that's only entertaining to those who love watching the Cowboys fail every year. We saw players yelling at each other last season during games. Garrett seems to be fine with everything Dez does he chalks it all up to passion. All the issues the Cowboys had prior to Garrett taking over in 2010 still exist entering the 2014 season. We see the same crap year after year but some even in the organization are spinning that progress is being made. You're in big trouble when the owner/GM is in denial.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The play calling situation should be interesting in 2014. I assume Linehan will call the plays and relay them to Callahan and he'll relay them to Garrett and he'll relay them to Romo. I'm already juiced up for next season. LOL

Fansince64

Reaction score
The play calling situation should be interesting in 2014. I assume Linehan will call the plays and relay them to Callahan and he'll relay them to Garrett and he'll relay them to Romo.

And then comes .... "Delay, offense. Five yard penalty. Repeat (whichever) down."

Monte Sliger

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Zero excitement going into 2014 for me. This will be our sub .500 season.

Can't help but feel the same way.

That said, when we get close to that first kickoff, I'll probably be as excited as any year in preparation for my crushing disappointment by week 16. :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is a lot of relaying & the offense never looks like a finely tuned machine anyway.

This is Jerry's way of keeping all the coaches involved so he doesn't have to fire any of them.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The play calling situation should be interesting in 2014. I assume Linehan will call the plays and relay them to Callahan and he'll relay them to Garrett and he'll relay them to Romo. I'm already juiced up for next season. LOL

a bad game of telephone? by the time Romo gets it, it might be a square dance at midnight down at teh barn by the crik.

CoCo

Reaction score
Yes. Excited, and hopeful. A lot will happen between now and opening weekend to determine how good the team will be. But every offseason is exciting (and dreadfully long) because that is where the seeds of the future are planted.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you really want to reach for a positive heading into 2014 at least we probably won't being seeing Kiffin in the coaches box hunched over with a scowl on his face like he's being administered an enema.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
This is Jerry's way of keeping all the coaches involved so he doesn't have to fire any of them.

They better practice talking fast like an auctioneer then. That's a lot of guys to pass a play to!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They better practice talking fast like an auctioneer then. That's a lot of guys to pass a play to!

They better not talk that fast or by the time Romo receives the play he'll be placing a bid in the huddle. I was being sarcastic no way is Jerry going to have a play relayed through that many coaches.

Venger

Reaction score
The time before every new season is exciting. Nothing is better than trying to figure out which 8 games we are going to win that year...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am excited because looking at the opponents, this is the season the SS Ginger Failboat hits the iceberg and the "I TOLD YOU SOs" will be coming fast and furious. I would be willing to bet certain posters have already registered alternate usernames for when the inevitable occurs.

Good point about the schedule, its brutal next year (Seattle, Indy, Saints, ect...)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm excited for 2 reasons. 1 we will have success. 2. If we don't jg will be gone. Both excite me.

Yea, its kinda a win win scenario.................we either make the playoffs or Garrett and his crew are out the door..................really no downside.