CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
**You're

No, I'm sticking to what I've been saying the whole time. I'm saying that none of your top QB's in this league would have won that game while committing 14 penalties and surrendering 5 sacks. You're constantly playing behind the sticks. I'm sticking to that. The defense also did more than enough to lose the game. Nobody, and I mean D4k haters, has yet to mention the team record 14 penalties alone. Not Denver, not KC and not Arizona but the Raiders game was more like this one. That was another game where we committed double digit penalties, but I guess those are D4k's fault as well. How many teams win games with almost 15 penalties.

Yes the top qbs in the league would have found a way to win that game. Thats why rhwy have the big contracts. They are leaders of men, they are able to put the team on their shoulders and lead them both physically and mentally across the finish line. I've seen it time and again in the last 40 years by numerous QBs.

Dak isn't one of those QBs. I've spent the last 3 years on this board trying to tell you guys this. I'm not sure if i should be happy or mad about this poll. Happy that people have come around or mad that it took so damn long.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Brady, Rodgers would have found a way that's what the great ones do, seen it so many times. The D did their job the O failed and failed miserably. TB and AR don't sit in the pocket all day trying to figure out who to throw to.

How? Would they somehow make those penalties disappear? When those penalties kept us behind the sticks at 1st-30 or 2nd-15 constantly, they would have "found a way"? If their defenses had given up multiple first downs on multiple 3rd down stops, they would have found a way? Show me one game, just one, where that happened. Your QB completes a pass for 30 yards, but uh oh, guess what? Holding on Connor Williams. 3rd down stop on defense, but guess what? Holding on a defensive lineman, multiple times. How many times have you more than one defensive holding calls on your DL in one game alone? But, our "sorry ***" QB is supposed to bring us back? The defense failed miserably as well. How many times did our defense make them punt in the first half alone? 1 maybe 2 times or was it zero if I'm not mistaken. The defense got gashed and gave up three straight scores to start the game. What game were you watching?

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Yes the top qbs in the league would have found a way to win that game. Thats why rhwy have the big contracts. They are leaders of men, they are able to put the team on their shoulders and lead them both physically and mentally across the finish line. I've seen it time and again in the last 40 years by numerous QBs.

Dak isn't one of those QBs. I've spent the last 3 years on this board trying to tell you guys this. I'm not sure if i should be happy or mad about this poll. Happy that people have come around or mad that it took so damn long.

It's easy to say that top QBs would have won that game but you haven't showed me any examples in your 40+ years of watching football. You say you've seen it time and time again, but would you please give me an example, a receipt for that matter of what you claim? Please. A game where the TEAM committed 14 or more penalties with 5 or more sacks and still won the game. I'll wait.

Brax

Reaction score
How? Would they somehow make those penalties disappear? When those penalties kept us behind the sticks at 1st-30 or 2nd-15 constantly, they would have "found a way"? If their defenses had given up multiple first downs on multiple 3rd down stops, they would have found a way? Show me one game, just one, where that happened. Your QB completes a pass for 30 yards, but uh oh, guess what? Holding on Connor Williams. 3rd down stop on defense, but guess what? Holding on a defensive lineman, multiple times. How many times have you more than one defensive holding calls on your DL in one game alone? But, our "sorry ***" QB is supposed to bring us back? The defense failed miserably as well. How many times did our defense make them punt in the first half alone? 1 maybe 2 times or was it zero if I'm not mistaken. The defense got gashed and gave up three straight scores to start the game. What game were you watching?
You must of watched a different game Dak and the O crapped the bed. Dak 1-5 in crunch time don’t try and sell Dak you couldn’t get 2 cents for him except from a blind homer. Thanks for the laugh.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is a repeat of a poll taken a couple of months ago.

Dak has shown an ability to learn and improve over the years, and this year he was coming back from a big injury.

Dak had a bad game. So did the rest of the offense. He still has work to do in his game, but he's been successful at improving his game. Sunday was disappointing, but I'm not throwing in the towel on him yet. That's an overreaction. It's one game where the whole offense was flat, starting with the OC.

CxC1993

Reaction score
Mm... ask me again in a few months. Right now I'm mad as hell at his effort on Sunday.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
We're stuck with the Ten Toe Sloth for another 3 - 4 yrs so get use to the SLOW horrible play of this Sloth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sloth-dak.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I was probably the first on this board to seriously criticize Dak all the way back in 2016. The fact that it took some people nearly 6 years to figure this out is really really sad. There is being a fan and then there is being a homer in absolute denial.

This forum basically went through the denial, anger, coping, and acceptance phases.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I was probably the first on this board to seriously criticize Dak all the way back in 2016. The fact that it took some people nearly 6 years to figure this out is really really sad. There is being a fan and then there is being a homer in absolute denial.

This forum basically went through the denial, anger, coping, and acceptance phases.
You were a year ahead of me and then I went and drank the cool-aid after the Tamp game. Day in and day out I dogged the Ten Toe Sloth because he didn't have a clue about the job skills of an NFL QB. Then out of nowhere the Ten Toe Sloth looked like a bona fide NFL QB, well at least in the 1st half of the season the Sloth looked dam good reading and identifying certain defenses. Unfortunately, the GOOD TEAM with the better DCs in the league slayed the Sloth and turned him into the weak link on the team that we all knew from his past. The Sloth is so fricking slow reading and attacking defenses that it's turned into a fricking JOKE! Hell, there are rumors out there right now that the Cowboys are releasing all offense players who have the potential to catch a pass thrown by the Sloth because the Sloth doesn't throw the ball down field anymore so why carry players with pass catching abilities, it makes sense to me. The Sloth has been great this year shutting down his own run game by just holding the ball and waiting to be sacked. The defenses around the league awarded him Come Back Sloth of the Half Year, for that great second half he had. The only thing this Sloth is good at is counting the $75 million dollars JJ handed over to him at the first of the year.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Penalties aside, Dak and the offense had the ball at the end with a chance to score. They didn’t deliver.

Give someone like Brady or AR time at the end and you know what they would do. AR did it at ATT just a few short years ago. Instead we got checkdowns and slide up the middle.

Cowboycarpontier

Reaction score
Really Top 10? Rogers, Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Borrow, Herbert, Wilson, Jackson & Kyler (incl running ability), Stafford. Then there’s Carr even Jimmy G. look at results against competent competition. He puts up great numbers when down by 20+ That’s how he got the monster contract
I guess we're all a bunch of frustrated fans. Seems like playing QB in todays NFL is really hard.There's only a handful who have done it really good year after year. We were all so hopeful the first 7 games, Heck, i thought this is it, we found our guy. But I'm glad i sort of kept it to myself. Somehow i think we all knew somehow it's all gonna come crashing down.

zeke21

Reaction score
I know that it is often trotted out that finding a good QB is hard.. and that is true.

BUT... other teams manage to do it. The key is whether a QB is 'bad' because of what is around him.. or he makes good things around him bad.
I made a post a few years back (at the end of the 2017 season) and suggested we should go and get Tannehill as competition for Dak. I got flamed hard core on these boards. I got told we had a 'rolls royce' and that Tannehill was a failed pick, a loser, would never be a good QB. And maybe they were right.. Tannehill is a run of the mill QB.. but he moved to a new scheme, a new team and has guided them to 3 straight playoffs.. and now with the top seed.

Is Tannehill ever going to be in the discussions with Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady?? No.. but he is a very talented QB that got drafted to a bad team and therefore looked bad if you only looked at stats and not the story behind. them.

We have fallen for the trap of CHRONICALLY overvaluing Dak because he was handed the keys to a ferrari and managed to look good beating a bunch of hyundais around the block. If you ever stopped looking at the stats and actually looked at Dak.. he ALWAYS had issues and they are still there. He is slow to release the ball, his footwork is terrible, he has poor pocket awareness, he can't read a defence, he can't throw into tight windows, he hesitates unless a receiver is open before he releases the ball, he has accuracy issues.

These are NOT new..

So stop thinking we can't find better out there. Stop thinking that Cousins wouldn't be able to come in here and do better than Dak. Right now there are 15 QBs that would do a better job on this team than Dak, right now, without question.

So.. we have a middle of the road QB.. everyone agrees he is middle of the road.. I don't think anyone is suggesting (not even PappyDog maybe?!) that he is the worst QB in the league skill wise.. the issue is that we are paying him ELITE ELITE money. So then he DOES become the worst QB because he is getting paid MORE than the 17 guys he is 'better' than. So when Dak was middle of the road on rookie wages.. win but now he is going to cost us talent on both sides of the ball.. that is what hurts.

Right now.. the best we can hope for is that Jerry actually watched the game and finally saw what the whole football world knows.. Dak is not 'the guy'. Take the cap hit.. suck up the pain and go and find a QB. NOW.

kwcool619

Reaction score

I remember that. It was you against almost everyone. Have you seen Kurt Warner's video breakdown yet? I don't know a lot of football terminology but I got educated. Recommended viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.