CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DE Chauncey Golston with the 84th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting DE Chauncey Golston with the 84th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaede

Reaction score
This one I felt was a poor pick. There were more impactful players available. I like the player though.

J12B

Reaction score
They should have used this pick to move up and get a higher rated player.

missed opportunity

Completely agree.

All 3 3rd round picks I was displeased with, especially the last 2.

Would've much rather traded 84 and 99 to move back in the 2nd and picked the QB from Stanford to solidify the back up QB position.

morasp

Reaction score
Very good pick but like a lot of college players he needs to get stronger. There were guys in the draft I thought could move inside on passing downs and get some pressure like Kwitty Paye and Boogie Basham but in round three he was probably the best one.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
No.

First things first I would have traded this pick to go up and get Holland or Moehrig, as I believe a starting FS would be more beneficial to the team right now than a rotational DE.

But if I was forced to pick a prospect at 84, it would be Wyatt Davis, who would immediately win the LG position and bring a nasty, dominating presence back to the LG spot that we haven’t the had since Ron Leary was here.

If they were desperate for a DE there were some higher-ceiling prospects there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No.

First things first I would have traded this pick to go up and get Holland or Moehrig, as I believe a starting FS would be more beneficial to the team right now than a rotational DE.

But if I was forced to pick a prospect at 84, it would be Wyatt Davis, who would immediately win the LG position and bring a nasty, dominating presence back to the LG spot that we haven’t the had since Ron Leary was here.

If they were desperate for a DE there were some higher-ceiling prospects there.
Moehrig was not starting here next year.

kumizi

Reaction score
This seemed like a character pick to offset the *******es they picked earlier.

Plankton

Reaction score
Golston is a good run down base end who would only be a factor on the pass rush from the inside. It's funny - on the Draft Show, when they were showing highlights of what was supposed to be Golston making plays showed Golston tied up on a 1 on 1 block with a tackle, and A.J. Epenesa blowing plays up. The Tyrone Crawford comps are very appropriate with this player. Again, I don't hate the player, but I also think this was at least a round early for this prospect. Would have much preferred Tufele over him, or even James Hudson to provide a potential swing tackle.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Love the kid and it was a free pick after moving back and STILL getting Parson's.

Status
Not open for further replies.