CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting G Matt Farniok with the 238th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting G Matt Farniok with the 238th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no...but i will by camps end.
i know absolutely nothing about him.
wasn't familiar with him at all.
but most times you can't go wrong with guys like this.
sounds like he'll be a versatile player at center and guard.
and i think he'll make the 53...considering they cut redmond and haven't re-signed looney.
it's not his talent.
its only i am not or wasnt familiar with him at all.
hope he kicks ***...we need the depth.

cheyennes

Reaction score
Any OL help is great, in the thirth i drafted some guy, OG from Ohio St. For example

conner01

Reaction score
Didn’t know much about him but the oline at any point is generally a safe pick
Like his versatility and think he has a chance of making the roster. Slim chance but at this point in the draft if a player is worth a PS spot it’s not a bad pick

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I said in one of the other polls...you take a chance on some players in these late round picks and just hope they can contribute in some way. Hard to dislike them unless you liked other players better or there character problems in an area you strongly disagree with.

Plankton

Reaction score
I wanted James Wiggins from Cincinnati at this pick. I think that Wiggins can be a player as a S in this defense. That's why I didn't like the pick - it looks like Farniok can provide depth at the interior positions, but I expect him to be on the PS to develop some more.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted yes, as who you really going to get at this point. He will be a PS guy, and has time to develop. And we will need OL players at some point.
And, I am not in fear he will be claimed by some team while we wait he clears waivers.

I almost voted no, because as the Mukauma pick, they should have looked at a true S. But either way with both picks, you really do not know.
I expect both on the PS.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Our tackles being bigger than our guards always bother me. So, I often wondered how many of the players where bothered by it also. IMO, a team has to be built correctly before they can be well coached. Any mental hangups by players, on the way the team is put together, could cause them to have performance issues.

This guy is bigger than our tackles.
YES!

LittleD

Reaction score
If he can road grade like Ron Leary who was UDFA we are golden for a new guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.