CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting OT Josh Ball with the 138th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting OT Josh Ball with the 138th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ***

Whatever players did before they were drafted does not matter if the NFL vetted them and allowed them to enter the draft and be drafted by a team.

If they do something now that they are on the team then that is fair game to be discussed.

The bottom line is they were drafted by the Cowboys.

Whether you liked the pick or not, they are on the team and no amount of complaining or self-righteousness will change that fact, so it is time to move on.

If you want to complain about their ability or performance in college, go for it.

If you want to discuss, complain about or defend their questionable past, I suggest you find another site!

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m mixed on this one. For obvious reasons.

Talent and football wise. Well worth the pick.

I won’t get into the off field stuff.

I just have to hope that he has his head on straight and never ever does the bad stuff again.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
but only because i'm not familiar with him at all.
don't think i've watched ANY marshall games in awhile.
my favorite ot was iowa's alaric jackson.
i would've prefered him.
hope this kid puts it together and has a helluva camp.
we need the players.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m mixed on this one. For obvious reasons.

Talent and football wise. Well worth the pick.

I won’t get into the off field stuff.

I just have to hope that he has his head on straight and never ever does the bad stuff again.

Yeah because if there's one thing we can say about you it's that you won't tolerate a player with off the field issues.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
no.
but only because i'm not familiar with him at all.
don't think i've watched ANY marshall games in awhile.
my favorite ot was iowa's alaric jackson.
i would've prefered him.
hope this kid puts it together and has a helluva camp.
we need the players.
kind of surprised Jackson went undrafted

Dak_N_Zeke

Reaction score
Yes because if you have a shot to upgrade your o-line in the 4th round, I don't mind taking a shot on a guy with character issues. If he becomes a starter eventually or even the 6th lineman on the team, it's a phenomenal pick.

If there's more off-the-field issues or he turns out to be a toxic person, losing out on a 4th round pick isn't franchise altering.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Whether you liked the pick or not, they are on the team and no amount of complaining or self-righteousness will change that fact

Excuse me young man but if this guy doesn't use Grey Poupon I will NOT be a fan, and yes, I will pull strings to get him off this team.

BigD_95

Reaction score
yes - this was a no brainer. Getting 2nd round talent in the 4th round. He could end up being the starter in Dallas for years to come. There was never any questions about his ability to play football.

As for the charter issues. I cant go there. He was what 18 or 19? If someone doesn't deserve a 2nd chance when they are still pretty much a kid when it happen then who deserves a 2nd chance? There hasnt been any issues since - he said he learned from it .

conner01

Reaction score
  1. Bigger signing bonus.
  2. Got to go to a team that didn’t draft an OL
  3. Can cash in in your 4 as opposed to 5
Any 6-7 round player would be better off as an UDFA
Much more control over your career

conner01

Reaction score
Ehhhh this is a tough one.

He has the talent and was a brick wall at Marshall.

I imagine Jerry and the staff are comfortable with him
He has talent and the weaknesses in his game are very coachable
I like that he is a finisher
As a player there seems to be enough talent to work with and maybe develop a solid player

Plankton

Reaction score
Due to issues that don't need to be restated here, he would have been "in the box" for me. I would have much preferred Jaylon Moore.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder about this player's past ..

I am not condoning or defending what he did or may have done, but none of that matters now as the NFL allowed him to enter the draft and be drafted.

Like most fans, I wish we only drafted upstanding young men, but that is not the reality of many professional sports players.

The only difference is we hear about more of those situations than we used to as fans and in some cases, some players are better protected from that information getting out even though they did the same or, in some cases, even worse things but got away with it.

If this or any drafted player commits the same offenses now that they are on the team, then they will be completely fair game for attacks.

Until then ...

If you want to discuss, complain about or defend the pre-NFL actions of draft picks, you need to find another site!

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Long dude. Good bend. Seems like he is overcompensating some of the scout critiques with wasted footwork. I don't know if this is a thing but I thought the same thing with Osa Odigi with his hands. Like they've been told scouts are looking for x so they make it super obvious. Don't remember that from my playing days but it looked like it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.