Are you hopeful for the future?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I found out about an hour before the game that my aunt had a stroke......a few hours earlier I found out that my brother tested positive for the C word....so, this game is just a game....
Sorry for that, bud. You’re right, real life matters way way more than anything sports-related.
I’m praying your aunt and brother pull through, both unscathed :star:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No not at all. The team has been an undisciplined soft mess for 25 years. You can swap out all the coaches and QB's that you want. Until the team is sold, this is how we will feel every year.
So in other words, it’ll never improve lol

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Not ragging or dissing the OP, but imagine this thread 25 years ago.

We're here thick or thin, but truthfully, season in season out, we're also a quite insane bunch of fans, and insane doesn't have to be a bad word in this sense. We expect better but get only disappointment.

But sticking around this many years..still remain fans!

And it's been tough, let's not lie.

Adios amigos.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am an eternal optimist but I am also very much a realist (hence the username) and for me to ever get truly optimistic about the next season requires major changes in personnel, with coaches and/or players.

It will take some big moves for my optimism to shift for next season, at least right now.

If they follow the Garrett mantra of "we like our guys, we just need to play better" then it will be yet another season That that ends with Cowboys fans watching other teams in the playoffs while waiting to watch two other teams in the Super Bow.
That about sums it up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Is there any part of this team that gives you hope that they’ll achieve true success, as currently constructed? Not an individual or a specific unit on the team. But from a team perspective, what is there to cling to?

In the next 5 years, do you have any amount of hope that they’ll find a way to win when it matters?

If so, please tell me what helps you find optimism… these season enders are tough to swallow.
No. This is the best this team is.

No cap room.

Key player are getting older

Say what u want about Philly but they have 3 first round picks next year and can load up..imagine if Wilson decides to go to Philly....

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found out about an hour before the game that my aunt had a stroke......a few hours earlier I found out that my brother tested positive for the C word....so, this game is just a game....
Quite sorry to hear about your family.

Sydla

Reaction score
No.

Because I have zero faith in Jerry. He makes poor contract decisions (cough, cough Zeke), he is too loyal, he's loathe to admit he made a mistake on a coach (that's why Garrett was here for a decade and why McCarthy will likely get 2-3 more years).

diamonddelts

Reaction score
It's only going to get worse for awhile.

Dak's contract will make sure that we can't field as good a team next year as this year.

Our best bet is to use these next 3 years to rebuild and have a solid team ready for a real QB to take over once Dak's contract is up.

Lmao

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This was the window. Anybody that knows anything about football knows that. The window is closed.

Hope? Not really. Too many high priced, over-hyped, under-performing players on the team. Clearly not enough discipline and focus from the coaching staff.

I think we can probably compete for another NFCE title— but having any hope this QB and this group of players does anything in the playoffs? Nah.

They dun crapped the bed too many times for me to change the sheets. They can sit in their mess and figure it out. To me— they are gonna have to go uphill next year to accomplish anything— and I think this L has gutted the franchise. What a crap show

this perfectly describes my feelings as well.

If they were alive, I would curse my dad and uncle out for making me become a cowboys fan when I was young. They set me up for a fan’s life of misery lol

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
At this point, Im gonna go into the 2022-2023 season with vastly reduced expectations. I will consider winning the division again and getting into the playoffs two years in a row a successful season......Im only half kidding........I'll be excited to see if Micah can get even better in his 2nd season, thats about it as of now.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Nope, Jerrah Jones still running things with an average QB sucking up 40 million in cap space. This organization will continue to mediocre.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Is there any part of this team that gives you hope that they’ll achieve true success, as currently constructed? Not an individual or a specific unit on the team. But from a team perspective, what is there to cling to?

In the next 5 years, do you have any amount of hope that they’ll find a way to win when it matters?

If so, please tell me what helps you find optimism… these season enders are tough to swallow.
There are too many good/better owners and GMs in the league. We’re totally outclassed.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not ragging or dissing the OP, but imagine this thread 25 years ago.

We're here thick or thin, but truthfully, season in season out, we're also a quite insane bunch of fans, and insane doesn't have to be a bad word in this sense. We expect better but get only disappointment.

But sticking around this many years..still remain fans!

And it's been tough, let's not lie.

Adios amigos.
Well said, brother

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really no.

I'll try to be more optimistic on game days but in all reality we will lose more talent than we gain this off-season on offense. Untill we upgrade the OL, RB, and by then we'll need a new QB who we can lean on at times. Gonna need new coaches too, Mike can kick rocks with the rest of these offensive morons.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Nope, not until we hire a GM and Jerry takes a back seat.