Are you hopeful for the future?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
With Parsons and Diggs, i love our defensive future. Dak has me concerned because he can’t throw with elite quarterbacks. Quality coaches and teams have exposed Dak for what he really is. Average quarterback that needs a run game. Dak is Jimmy G and San Francisco is moving on from him in the offseason.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I would say no. Prescott has shown he officially not the answer. I don’t see how the team keeps all their best fee agent. There is no quick fix for the offensive line. Kellen Moore has turned into a pumpkin with no replacement. The team is dead last in penalties, and Zeke can’t conceivably be released for another year.

The wild card round is this team’s ceiling.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I found out about an hour before the game that my aunt had a stroke......a few hours earlier I found out that my brother tested positive for the C word....so, this game is just a game....
That's hard. Sending Love.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I'm not...This team hasn't done anything for 2 and a half decades. I'm used to it now. The O-Line is not that good...Dak is ok but not great. Elliott is tough but he looks shot and the receivers are good against loser teams. They have some good players but I just don't get excited about this team anymore because they don't matter when it counts

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
this perfectly describes my feelings as well.

If they were alive, I would curse my dad and uncle out for making me become a cowboys fan when I was young. They set me up for a fan’s life of misery lol

I am holding out hope for “angry Jerry” to come out swinging and maybe some heads roll.

Status quo would excite me about as much as a colonoscopy

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Culture, in Dallas, continues to struggle. I predicted the Cowboys would lose because how many times have we seen this? Blame Garrett, then blame Linehan, then blame Moore and McCarthy. Is it coaching? Blame Romo and now blame Dak. Is it the QB?

The OL was suppose to be the strength and it turned out to be a BIG weakness. This team couldn't run the ball the majority of the season. Season after season we keep hearing " there is so much talent on this team". For decades and his team still can't get playoff success.

But hey, to try to cover up another failed season, look at the personal stats, which again doesn't lead to playoff success.

What is the only constant through all this? The GM and he continues to believe he can lead the franchise to a Superbowl post Jimmy Johnson. And Jerry said he was going to put Jimmy into the Cowboys Ring of Honor and never did.
Pride continues to destroy this franchise and fans will continue to be fooled but as long as Jerry keeps selling jerseys, get max primetime games, all is good.

So, Dallas will again have success in a weak NFC East and again, give the fanatics another season of false hope.
1000 likes to you sir!!!!!!!

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Is there any part of this team that gives you hope that they’ll achieve true success, as currently constructed? Not an individual or a specific unit on the team. But from a team perspective, what is there to cling to?

In the next 5 years, do you have any amount of hope that they’ll find a way to win when it matters?

If so, please tell me what helps you find optimism… these season enders are tough to swallow.
Nope. At some point the nfc east gets better....and then it is an 8 win team

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am holding out hope for “angry Jerry” to come out swinging and maybe some heads roll.

Status quo would excite me about as much as a colonoscopy
I mean, Jerry did leave his suite before the game even ended. He huffed and puffed his way to the locker room. I sure hope he gets on a drunken rampage and makes some drastic moves.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Is there any part of this team that gives you hope that they’ll achieve true success, as currently constructed? Not an individual or a specific unit on the team. But from a team perspective, what is there to cling to?

In the next 5 years, do you have any amount of hope that they’ll find a way to win when it matters?

If so, please tell me what helps you find optimism… these season enders are tough to swallow.
The last draft class. We had a great draft. Parsons should be the defensive rookie of the year. We need to make some changes on this roster to move forward and be aggressive in case the changes happen with the coaching staff. Quinn would be the biggest loss to the coaching staff. He took the worst Cowboys defence and turned it around in one year. Vic Fangio would be a good replacement. If Jerry fires our coach and Moore leaves ; I would go after Eric Bieniemy. He is creative and could occupy two positions: coach and play caller. Create salary cap space by seeing who we can cut or trade.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The last draft class. We had a great draft. Parsons should be the defensive rookie of the year. We need to make some changes on this roster to move forward and be aggressive in case the changes happen with the coaching staff. Quinn would be the biggest loss to the coaching staff. He took the worst Cowboys defence and turned it around in one year. Vic Fangio would be a good replacement. If Jerry fires our coach and Moore leaves ; I would go after Eric Bieniemy. He is creative and could occupy two positions: coach and play caller. Create salary cap space by seeing who we can cut or trade.
That would give me a little hope! Good ideas

AyeAtey

Reaction score
No.

Because I have zero faith in Jerry. He makes poor contract decisions (cough, cough Zeke), he is too loyal, he's loathe to admit he made a mistake on a coach (that's why Garrett was here for a decade and why McCarthy will likely get 2-3 more years).

Bingo!

The common denominator the past quarter century, the man is NOT football the game savvy. Always putting the team behind the eight ball. You would think he would've caught drift of it but he's being a very foolish man to say the least. And it reflects on team progress and performances100%