Are you still a Garrett supporter?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I get all the arguments on both sides and have my own feelings, but it's really hard to take posts seriously when they say "would of", or "should of" instead of would have, or should have.

C'mon people. I know many of you are better than this. It's not hard to type legibly.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I'm very up and down with my take on Garrett. I've always admired that Garrett's teams always play hard for him. But, as far as playoff success, the results have not been there. Because I know it would take an act from Congress for Jerry to fire Garrett, I do not get all worked up about Garrett being replaced as quite a of few of you on here do.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Garrett brings absolutely nothing to the table as a coach. That's an indefensible position at this point. He doesn't call any plays. He can't manage the clock. He hasn't schooled this team to cut down mistakes. He has shown zero ability to adapt on the fly. He is not a coach. Period.

That said, I think Garrett would make a tremendous GM and, given what he actually does for this team, that's essentially what he is.

I also have no idea who I would go after (Payton isn't coming here), but it needs to be someone with some stones. Someone willing to roll the dice, be aggressive and take some chances. That's the sort of team Cowboys fans want and the sort of Cowboys teams that have been successful. He needs to be a shrewd personnel man, willing to put the best player on the field, regardless of draft status, veteran status etc.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wish someone would tell me who the great coaches are in the NFL. Please.

Belichick.

Who else?
Belichick for sure, E. I would say Carroll, too. He's (BB) on the Mount Rushmore of coaches. I think aside from BB and PC, that's it for elite coaches in the NFL. A rung lower is Reid and Arians (pure offense prowess). After that, since Kubiak retired, its either wait-and-see or JAG or lower in the coaching department.

Elite coaches may be more rare than elite QBs and 4-3 DEs

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
While I agree with many of you that there should be a change in coaches, I would be fine with not completely overhauling the staff.

Personally I am fine with a cheerleader and/or learn as you go HC as long as your coordinators are aggressive and great at their craft.

If you are not completely sold on your coordinators though, you need that winning knowledgeable HC to overrule a playcall to better your scheme.

Sadly right now there is a theme to fire all three. I don't want to have to spend a few years building to the strengths of 3 new coaches unless they all worked together before....

Would rather try one change if possible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My favorite Jerry puppet. He provides me some hope in an otherwise hopeless dysfunctional situation.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Belichick for sure, E. I would say Carroll, too. He's (BB) on the Mount Rushmore of coaches. I think aside from BB and PC, that's it for elite coaches in the NFL. A rung lower is Reid and Arians (pure offense prowess). After that, since Kubiak retired, its either wait-and-see or JAG or lower in the coaching department.

Elite coaches may be more rare than elite QBs and 4-3 DEs

While no longer in the NFL, I would add Jim Harbaugh. Look at what he did for Stanford, then for 49ers, and now at Michigan. The man has won everywhere he has went. Only thing he doesn't have is the SB ring his brother barely beat him for. It's only a matter of time before he is back to kicking tail in the NFL. He would also have the inside track on college recruits.

If only Jerry didn't have something to prove.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
:). How do you feel about pisss poor??

In the past, I've looked upon JG as someone that would be difficult to replace due to his knack for "getting along" with Jerry. In the present, I've set that aside as something that just isn't a primary function of good coaching, although it's admittedly very useful in Dallas with Jerry around.

I see him now as average at best and one who could be bested by a more demanding coach in terms of discipline and maximizing the productivity of his charges. Being innovative, creative and willing to make necessary game time adjustments just aren't among his strengths. If a prospective coach with those qualities appeared as a replacement, I'd likely be glad to get on the bandwagon to pursue him.

Last edited:

Western

Reaction score
Swing for the fences, Jerry.
Get this guy (Dak friendly):
dan-mullen-3135_rs1.jpg

Or this guy (Zeke friendly):
urban-meyer-ohio-state-tro.jpg