Are you still a Garrett supporter?

Silverstar

Reaction score
This is Garrett looking at game film right now...

FvRcME0.gif

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am not going to sit here and bash him too much but waiting till the guy had 5 sacks to replace him is inexcusable.

And, throwing the ball at the end of the Green Bay game was inexcusable as well even if Dak switched to the passing play - should have never had that option.

I do think think the players play for him - unlike Wade but I think we could do a lot better!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We have the most talented team in the league....
Yikes....whose rosters are you looking at?

On offense, we don't even have the best receivers in our own division, nor the best TE.
On defense, we are young and making improvements, but our defense is still near the basement of our own division, much less the league. I'm not sure how you think we have the most talented team in the league....that's just crazy talk.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yikes....whose rosters are you looking at?

On offense, we don't even have the best receivers in our own division, nor the best TE.
On defense, we are young and making improvements, but our defense is still near the basement of our own division, much less the league. I'm not sure how you think we have the most talented team in the league....that's just crazy talk.

Is it?

Or does it now simply look different because the results aren't there?

Going into this season, everyone talked about how talented this roster was. Especially the offense. There's wasn't a more talented group in the league.

But now, at 5-4, the players are somehow worse all around. Maybe, the fact is that the coaches are failing in their job to put those players in the best position to make plays?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
These types of conversations do nothing for me.

If you want him gone then I want to hear who you replace him with.
I like Garrett but I was on board when Payton looked like he was becoming available a couple of years ago. This notion that he needs to be replaced at all costs is a nonstarter for me.

He develops players on both sides of the ball and his teams play hard for him. I do agree that he is conservative to a fault and lacks innovation. Thing is that there are a lot worse situations. Phillips was an innovator for example.

My issue isn't so much with Garrett being gone, but trusting Jerry to not hire a ridiculous replacement.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have never supported Garrett. His problems as an OC are only magnified now. He still has zero ability to adjust in game and is regularly abused by opposing coaches.
I'm tired of looking like I'm in Garrett's corner when I'm fine with or without him, but I feel the need to keep correcting this OC fallacy. The only reason he's the head coach is because he was so successful as our OC (2nd best offense in the NFL under his direction) that he was being interviewed for other head coaching jobs and had two standing offers when Jerry made him the highest paid assistant in the NFL to keep him as OC. When he struggled with some game management issues, Jerry made him give up playcalling to focus on that. He's much further into his tenure now, and frankly, I'd love to see him take the play-calling duties back over.....if he's going to be kept around.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Romo essentially stated that Garrett isn't even a coach. He's really not a coach per se. I will admit, the guy does some things well, but actual coaching isn't really one of them.
But what did he mean by that? Do you actually think he was saying that Garrett can't coach? or that Garrett is the head coach who doesn't fun the offense or the defense? Jimmy Johnson didn't do either job, wasn't involved in x's and o's, yet we all think of him as a great coach. I don't think Garrett is a great coach, but I also don't think Romo meant what many on this board are reading into his comments.

dfense

Reaction score
Should I just wait until they lose again and this retread thread is going to make the rounds again? They will lose again. And I know it will be the coaches fault.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should I just wait until they lose again and this retread thread is going to make the rounds again? They will lose again. And I know it will be the coaches fault.

Yeah, you should definitely plan on seeing it several more times this season.

:thumbup:

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
I’ll just add on to my earlier comments by repeating this

"In big games, coaches have to step up, and I have yet to see the Dallas coaches step up." - @jawsespn

Problem I have with this is the source still

If Garrett were an eagle he’d tell us he’s doing a fantastic job