Are you still a Garrett supporter?

Tommy

Reaction score
I'm consistent too. I've said this during our good seasons that he offers nothing on Sunday.
You consistently said our offensive scheme was terrible and that Tony Romo bailing us out all the time was the only reason this offense worked.

Then we put a 4th round rookie in and the offense didn’t miss a beat.

You were wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo essentially stated that Garrett isn't even a coach. He's really not a coach per se. I will admit, the guy does some things well, but actual coaching isn't really one of them.

What does he do well? Make guys smile? Clap? Pat a fanny? Throw a red flag with flare?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I'm curious to get a read on how many fans still have faith that Jason Garrett is the right man for the job or how many fans are ready to move on?

Just your own opinion on what you would like to see happen going forward, and not what you expect Jerry Jones to do.

I'm interested to get a read on how opinions and overall confidence stands at this point.

Before we change head coaches I'd like to change the GM.

Without that happening (and it won't) you'll be saying the same thing about Garrett's replacement in 4-5 years time, that we say about Garrett now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before we change head coaches I'd like to change the GM.

Without that happening (and it won't) you'll be saying the same thing about Garrett's replacement in 4-5 years time, that we say about Garrett now.

I'm not so sure about that, unless your referring to Jones next hire being someone he's comfortable with.

As far as personnel acquisition, despite my criticisms of a botched year in free agency, I think GM Jones has done a pretty good job of bringing in some talent on this team overall.

I'd be hard-pressed to find an offense that has more talented players from top to bottom. And I think it's obvious that there are some quality pieces on the defense as well.

I firmly believe that the right coaching staff could take these very same players and win a championship. Not a doubt in my mind. The only doubt I have is if Jones can find them or hire them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You consistently said our offensive scheme was terrible and that Tony Romo bailing us out all the time was the only reason this offense worked.

Then we put a 4th round rookie in and the offense didn’t miss a beat.

You were wrong.

lol no I was not.

We started running the ball so it added another dynamic to help bail out our garbage passing scheme.

Dak's feet, and our running game help this crap offensive scheme move.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never was a huge Garrett fan. I don't think he is the worst out there but I always thought that he got the HC job way, way too soon.

JMO

I agree, there are worse out there.

But I also don't see that as a reason to keep a guy that has shown in 8 years that he's not the answer.

If you're afraid of changing something because it might get worse, you have little chance that things will ever get better either.

CWR

Reaction score
Its really agitating in a copy cat league we cant copy anyone lol. Deploy some of GBS rub routes. Utilize Dez more accross the middle and in the slot. Let Beasley feast when Dez isnt there. Develop a screen game with Zeke and on and on and on. Dont rotate your backs when one is red hot. I dont feel like we work towards players strengths.

Anyhow, our coaches stubborn inflexibility is perhaps what pisses me off the most.

I want a creative coordinator and a coach that doesnt permit blatant stupidity.

Been on the fence about Garrett for too long. I knew this season would define how I thought of him and currently I am not impressed. To be fair I was happy after KC though. But this things is heading in a dangerous direction.

We dont make the neccessary adjustments and we dont attempt to fill obvious holes far to often. Im about ready to turn the damn page.

erod

Reaction score
Honestly...I can see Jerry making a run @ Meyers. I'm just not sure if he would make a good NFL coach though. He beats people by out recruiting them..but when he runs into a team that has as many athletes as he does....He's nothing special.:rolleyes:

Meyer is crooked. That's how he wins. He is nothing special at all when it comes to football, and crooked doesn't work for NFL coaches. They have a draft.

Reaction score
Pro-Garrett --- not too sure about Linnehan, his scheme doesn't seem very adaptable, though some of our key pieces have limitations because of youth or lack of talent or prone to injury. I'm bugged because they've needed a swing OT for several years but keep relying on oft-injured Green,,,, though I will say that Green's melt-down was surprising, he'd been serviceable up until last Sunday.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Romo essentially stated that Garrett isn't even a coach. He's really not a coach per se. I will admit, the guy does some things well, but actual coaching isn't really one of them.
said he was not an X's and O's guy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Garrett isn't going anywhere. Mr. Jones has no interest in firing his HC. He's too busy trying to supplant Roger the Clown from the commissioner's chair and seating his daughter Charlotte there.