Are you still a Garrett supporter?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Hostile promised us the next Landry. :muttley:

Of course not. He's terrible.

I'm consistent too. I've said this during our good seasons that he offers nothing on Sunday.

At best he gets the job done Mon-Saturday but Sundays he never has and never will offer anything.

Hard to argue this. He's a hope for the best in the 2nd half guy.
He's never thrown any team a cureball or schemed something on the fly to help the team win. He is an Operations Manager. Not a Coach.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
My stance on Garrett is the same as it's always been. My opinions dont change with the direction of the wind. He's the posterboy for mediocrity, coming up just short, and game management blunders. I don't blame him for any of the scheme, BC we all know he has little to do with it. I think JG is a decent CEO type coach that delegates to his assistants. He is a good motivator, rah rah cheerleader type. I want an offensive genius that knows how to maximize talent. JG hasn't done that.

Asklesko

Reaction score
i'm off the garrett wagon, but then he wins another game. he's such a hard cat to bead.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit, El Presidente, I explode too often when you post. My bathroom has to be continuously cleaned :)

I feel like I should 'like' this, but I also don't really want to like it. The thought of your head exploding over and over reading my posts makes me very uncomfortable.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I get (and believe) that he has done some good things with this team. I tried supporting him for quite awhile but he is starting to lose me. We just can't seem to turn the corner. It's always close but nothing. Yes, he has had some adversity in his career (Romo hurt, Zeke suspended) but you've seen good coaches still get some wins without their star players.

I mean, Wade Phillips also had 2 winning seasons and a playoff win in his short tenure. Garrett has had how many years, 8, to do that? It may be time to just move on. Look at what a coaching change did for the LA Rams.

Poor Romo. Got robbed of his career with Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
Say what you want about his Xs and Os but as a head coach the culture and never quit attitude is a hell of alot better than it was with the Wade Phillips years. Those where extremely ugly and chaotic times.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I never even wanted him here as offensive coordinator, let alone head coach. First time I ever looked forward to a Cowboy coach getting canned. Can't really blame too much on Campo as he was hamstrung by the salary cap. Garrett has no excuse. Garrett is too old school, just out-execute the opponent. I want ingenuity and surprise in play calls.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Everything has pretty much been covered. I'll just say that I've been calling for his removal for years and I wasn't thrilled when he was made Head Coach to begin with.

I've went to games and booed him to his face. He's not qualified for the job but he still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. And so does our owner and that's why we won't win.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If and when we get to the playoffs, be it this year or beyond, we'll generally be playing the best teams with best coaches. Coaches that will adjust on the fly, which Garrett simply isn't able to counter effectively or efficiently. His whole philosophy is 'be your best, beat your man', which would be fine if you had an all star team. But in a capped league you'll never get that, so we'll always have weaknesses he won't be able to cover with that philosophy (linebackers after Lee for one), not to mention injuries.

If Garrett coached New England with Brady all these years, I don't think he wins a single Super Bowl. He doesn't give his team any extra help, all his prep is done mid week, and that's all.

We will never win a super bowl with Garrett unless all players play to 100% of their abilities, the opposition doesn't have weapons to counter our weaknesses and no injuries, which will just never happen. He's won a playoff game on the back of Romo playing the best he's ever played, but you can't win 4 games in a row in the playoffs that way.
This pretty much says it all .
and of course I say no I don't want him as a head coach, but no telling who Jerry will hire if you got rid of him.
your best case scenario is this ....the league makes Jerry sell the team then we get a new owner ,real coaches, and a real GM!
then we might have a real team. Until then it's the Jerry Jones circus enjoy the show and of course the art at the stadium.