Are you sure you want to like this post?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
i just noticed something interesting. I usually use Safari on my phone when I'm on CZ. I just got Brave browser and went on CZ, and now when I try to like a post, it brings me to a confirmation page that asks Do you really want to like this post? It doesn't look like a browser pop up though - it's a new page consistent with the CZ design. I was just wondering what this page is and how you can recreate it? What about Brave brings me to that page?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i just noticed something interesting. I usually use Safari on my phone when I'm on CZ. I just got Brave browser and went on CZ, and now when I try to like a post, it brings me to a confirmation page that asks Do you really want to like this post? It doesn't look like a browser pop up though - it's a new page consistent with the CZ design. I was just wondering what this page is and how you can recreate it? What about Brave brings me to that page?
It happens when you click LIKE before some functions have completed loading or processing on the page. A lot of fringe browsers have slow processing engines or try to overly prevent advertising which leads to incomplete page loads and functionality.

Most sites are not really focused or concerned if they work with fringe browsers as many have come and gone over the years. When/if they eventually are used by a significant percentage of users, then that will change. Most users who use fringe browsers, addons, extensions, etc. do so to avoid things like advertising or social functionality which lessens their importance to the site.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It happens when you click LIKE before some functions have completed loading or processing on the page. A lot of fringe browsers have slow processing engines or try to overly prevent advertising which leads to incomplete page loads and functionality.

Most sites are not really focused or concerned if they work with fringe browsers as many have come and gone over the years. When/if they eventually are used by a significant percentage of users, then that will change. Most users who use fringe browsers, addons, extensions, etc. do so to avoid things like advertising or social functionality which lessens their importance to the site.

Makes sense. Yeah I've disabled "allow scripts" so it's not that it's slow but it doesn't load the scripts at all.