Are you watching "The Terror?"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a pretty good series.

Interesting fictionalized take of the 1845 Franklin expedition to find the Northwest Passage.

I remember reading a book in the 80's on lost ships and the Franklin expedition was a part of that.

Since that time much has been uncovered about the expedition including the finding of many bodies and the two ships that made up the expedition.

The TV series adds a interesting twist to the story that gives it a horror theme.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I only watched 1st episode. My brother watched it and said it was great. I am a fan of HBO Rome, it a has few of the same actors.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I only watched 1st episode. My brother watched it and said it was great. I am a fan of HBO Rome, it a has few of the same actors.

The TV show seems to capture the helplessness the men had to deal with as their ships were trapped in ice.

The expeditions conducted over the last couple decades to autopsy the bodies found from the Franklin tragedy are fascinating and sad at the same time. The guys suffered greatly prior to death with tuberculosis, pneumonia and lead poisoning all contributing to deaths. On top of that bones were found from previous expeditions that showed signs of cannibalism.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The TV show seems to capture the helplessness the men had to deal with as their ships were trapped in ice.

The expeditions conducted over the last couple decades to autopsy the bodies found from the Franklin tragedy are fascinating and sad at the same time. The guys suffered greatly prior to death with tuberculosis, pneumonia and lead poisoning all contributing to deaths. On top of that bones were found from previous expeditions that showed signs of cannibalism.
Was told about the two different endings. In the first episode (Brutus Rome character) 1st officer had a problem with the person running the 2nd ship. Was wondering how that would turn out, i'm guessing one of them ate the other in the end. :laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Might be spoilers ahead so if you want to watch it but have not..... SKIP THIS POST NOW.

The one girl calls the creature, whether it is real or a figment of imagination, a Tuunbaq. . Could not help but notice it sounds similar to... Turn back. I think it is a "spirit" creature sent to repel the foreigners from the land. It could also be a creature that is killing the group as a whole due to their sins... Whether that be pride greed or others.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're not watching "The Terror" then you're missing out on an amazing TV show...

Between the acting and the photography it's top notch.

Last night's episode (#8) was stunning.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're not watching "The Terror" then you're missing out on an amazing TV show...

Between the acting and the photography it's top notch.

Last night's episode (#8) was stunning.

I need to watch it again...Fell asleep about 10 to 15 minutes in. They were walking and just got back to camp...I wake up and the second airing of the episode was just starting lol.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to watch it again...Fell asleep about 10 to 15 minutes in. They were walking and just got back to camp...I wake up and the second airing of the episode was just starting lol.

Yeah you do.

I'll probably watch it again which is rarity for me.

The guy that plays Captain Crozier... I could listen to him given a one-hour monologue on that show.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah you do.

I'll probably watch it again which is rarity for me.

The guy that plays Captain Crozier... I could listen to him given a one-hour monologue on that show.

The guy who plays Fitzjames has been in a few shows and does a good job of playing a bad guy.
I liked their conversation when they were walking last night.
At one time they were bitter enemies or at the very least did not see eye to eye at all...now you can tell they are growing together....of course that is both survive...which maybe they don't as I did not see the whole episode yet.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy who plays Fitzjames has been in a few shows and does a good job of playing a bad guy.
I liked their conversation when they were walking last night.
At one time they were bitter enemies or at the very least did not see eye to eye at all...now you can tell they are growing together....of course that is both survive...which maybe they don't as I did not see the whole episode yet.

Yeah, that was a solid segment.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i've tried to watch it but it's just slow.

It is slow, but it is also good.

However I have to say that sometimes I have trouble understanding what some characters are saying. I watch a good deal of English shows and for the most part I rarely have trouble hearing or understanding what someone is saying.

I had trouble sometimes catching everything that Johnny Miller said as Sherlock Holmes in the American show would say but that was normally because he spoke so fast.

In the terror I have trouble sometimes hearing or understanding everything one character says. Cornelius Hickey...Who seems to be a big of a trouble maker and odd bird on the show. Maybe it is because he speaks quietly a good deal to keep others from hearing him but most of the time I just cannot hear him or understand him. Maybe I should turn on the CC when the show is on.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It is slow, but it is also good.

However I have to say that sometimes I have trouble understanding what some characters are saying. I watch a good deal of English shows and for the most part I rarely have trouble hearing or understanding what someone is saying.

I had trouble sometimes catching everything that Johnny Miller said as Sherlock Holmes in the American show would say but that was normally because he spoke so fast.

In the terror I have trouble sometimes hearing or understanding everything one character says. Cornelius Hickey...Who seems to be a big of a trouble maker and odd bird on the show. Maybe it is because he speaks quietly a good deal to keep others from hearing him but most of the time I just cannot hear him or understand him. Maybe I should turn on the CC when the show is on.
in watching some of the later episodes, it does seem to pick up. i'll see if i can catch up soon cause it does seem like a very interesting topic.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in watching some of the later episodes, it does seem to pick up. i'll see if i can catch up soon cause it does seem like a very interesting topic.

IMO the 8th episode is about as good an hour of TV as you're going to find.

A somewhat timely topic too in that they only recently found the ships.

The show is based on a novel that was written before the ships were discovered.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's a pretty good series.

Interesting fictionalized take of the 1845 Franklin expedition to find the Northwest Passage.

I remember reading a book in the 80's on lost ships and the Franklin expedition was a part of that.

Since that time much has been uncovered about the expedition including the finding of many bodies and the two ships that made up the expedition.

The TV series adds a interesting twist to the story that gives it a horror theme.
Never heard of it... it's on TV?