Are YouTube technical issues with NBA playoff games making NFL fans nervous?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-about-youtube-tv-after-issues-with-nba-game/

NFL fans become nervous about YouTube TV after issues with NBA game​

Posted by Mike Florio on May 18, 2023, 5:54 AM EDT

The NFL could be flirting with a new-age Heidi situation.

On Wednesday night, technical issues marred the final minutes of YouTube TV’s TNT stream of the Heat-Celtics NBA playoff game. Via SI.com, the game went to commercial with a little more than four minutes remaining and “the stream just lost it.”
“Many fans saw the same ad starting and stopping for what felt like an endless amount of time, and it never came back for the rest of the game,” writes Andy Nesbitt of SI.com.

Apparently, it was a commercial for the new live-action version of Disney’s The Little Mermaid.

YouTube TV acknowledged the existence of a problem: “If you have an issue watching the Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics game on TNT, we’re aware of it & our team is working on a fix — thx so much for your patience!”

Einstein

Reaction score
Any time you go away from the usual there is more of a risk for issues... remember early on for Amazon and the Thursday night games last year; they weren't perfectly smooth.

JayFord

Reaction score
anything "new" is going to have its kinks to work out

i expect freezing, delays and other technical issues like watch espn had when it first came out and if you remember that then omg was the streaming poor

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I've had YoutubeTV for 2 years and I've never had any issues watching live games. Works great for me. I agree though, the Sunday Ticket will be interesting to see if it runs smooth.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm planning on flipping to YT before the season and getting Sunday Ticket and Red Zone.

This better not happen when I'm watching or I'll get a few months for free.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I've had YoutubeTV for 2 years and I've never had any issues watching live games. Works great for me. I agree though, the Sunday Ticket will be interesting to see if it runs smooth.
Yeah, in general it runs like a champ. However, it wasn't just the game last night. I was watching a movie before I flipped over to the game & it went to commercial and did the same thing (froze up). Generally if this happens you can switch channels & come back and everything is fine. Not last night. Seems like they had some sort of glitch related to the commercials. I'm confident they will resolve it.

Sydla

Reaction score
anything "new" is going to have its kinks to work out

i expect freezing, delays and other technical issues like watch espn had when it first came out and if you remember that then omg was the streaming poor
LOL, they better not have "kinks" during NFL season.

Or people are gonna riot.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yeah, in general it runs like a champ. However, it wasn't just the game last night. I was watching a movie before I flipped over to the game & it went to commercial and did the same thing (froze up). Generally if this happens you can switch channels & come back and everything is fine. Not last night. Seems like they had some sort of glitch related to the commercials. I'm confident they will resolve it.
Interesting. I'd absolutely be upset if I was a Heat or Celtics fan. Agree though - Seems more like a fluke incident then something that will happen regularly.

MS17

Reaction score
Somewhere across America there are lawyers looking upon this with a very keen eye. Class action lawsuits have been filed for much, much less than "issues with an NBA playoff game interruption"