Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, Has Died at Age 76

joseephuss

Reaction score
https://people.com/music/aretha-franklin-dead-at-76/

Aretha Franklin, the self-taught piano prodigy, vocalist and songwriter who first conquered the charts in the late ’60s and never relinquished her throne, has died, her publicist confirms to the Associated Press. She was 76.

The Queen of Soul had struggled with her health for years. A source told PEOPLE Monday that Franklin had taken a turn for the worse and that her death was “imminent.”

“She has been ill for a long time,” the longtime friend told PEOPLE. “She did not want people to know and she didn’t make it public.”

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://people.com/music/aretha-franklin-dead-at-76/

Aretha Franklin, the self-taught piano prodigy, vocalist and songwriter who first conquered the charts in the late ’60s and never relinquished her throne, has died, her publicist confirms to the Associated Press. She was 76.

The Queen of Soul had struggled with her health for years. A source told PEOPLE Monday that Franklin had taken a turn for the worse and that her death was “imminent.”

“She has been ill for a long time,” the longtime friend told PEOPLE. “She did not want people to know and she didn’t make it public.”
694940094001_5822920945001_5822920425001-vs.jpg

Another legend. Gone. Rest in peace Mrs. Franklin.

Xelda

Reaction score
I just enjoyed her music until this: She stepped in to sing “Nessun Dorma” at the 1998 Grammys when Luciano Pavarotti was unable to perform, a trick few other non-opera singers would even have dared. (The link doesn't work :(.)
I thought how can she do a Pavarotti song justice? She's going to embarrass herself. Then OH WOW! She ruined opera for me that night because I only wanted to hear her sing it afterwards. What an amazing, gifted woman. RIP.