Arrested US Border Patrol agent is a 'serial killer': Sheriff

joseephuss

Reaction score
https://abc13.com/arrested-us-border-patrol-agent-is-a-serial-killer-sheriff/4253071/

Arrested US Border Patrol agent is a 'serial killer': Sheriff

LAREDO, Texas --
A U.S. Border Patrol supervisor was jailed Sunday on $2.5 million bond in Texas, accused of killing at least four women and injuring a fifth who managed to escape.

Juan David Ortiz, 35, was in custody in Laredo on four counts of murder along with charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful restraint, Webb County jail records showed.

Ortiz was arrested a day earlier, after being found hiding in a truck in a hotel parking lot in Laredo, at about 2 a.m. Saturday, capping what investigators portrayed as a 10-day string of violence. Webb County District Attorney Isidro Alaniz said Saturday that investigators "consider this to be a serial killer" whose victims were believed to be prostitutes.

Alaniz described how the Customs and Border Patrol supervisor continued going to work as usual throughout that time.

"As law enforcement was looking for the killer...he would be reporting to work every day like normal," he said.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
In this world of camera's everywhere it is harder than ever for people to get away with any crimes let alone serious stuff.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sometimes I think if I committed a crime like that and law enforcement was closing in on me, I wonder if I would have the guts to kill myself.