Video: Arrington: Cowboys won't regret passing on long-term contract with Dak Prescott

USArmyVet

Reaction score
That fact that some of yall want Dak to take <$25M, when the market for a good franchise QB is close to $40M is insane.

I guess all those people would take pay cut's or below market rates at their job's when it's time for a promotion to "help out" lol... gtfoh

Funny how almost EVERYONE in the sports talk world agree that Dak IS NOT worth anywhere near $40M/year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't let my mistakes of my past dictate my future. If Jerry did that he wouldn't own the Cowboys today.
daks not signing for 40+ book it

hes tagged or bagged and has one last year or traded. Either he comes to his senses or wont be wearing the star real soon..jerry has seen whats going on with this as will other owners the market will decline for non elite players especially qbs..

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Funny how almost EVERYONE in the sports talk world agree that Dak IS NOT worth anywhere near $40M/year.
Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but the only ones that matter is the Jones' and the Market. Those two things are pointing to him being signed at $35M-$40M.

Just like in the regular job market, it doesn't matter what other people say. If the company says that your past performance is adequate... thats what it is.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Because people desperately want to believe a certain narrative and there's something for everyone from the media. On this very board we have threads from media heads that say Dak ain't worth it and we're in a thread that says Dak will be worth it. All of it is meant to stir emotions and play ping pong with the 2 sides of an argument. In today's "everyone is out to get me" conspiracy generation, this works great because you only need to show people what they hate to get them riled up and do so as you agree with them to enhance confirmation bias and make them think their point of view is the underdog significant one. People take that and do the rest to remain staunchly in their stances but then are even more triggerable when convenient. Wash, rinse, repeat. The media always wins, even with the people who tell you to beware of the media. Lol.
When victimhood is currency, there will be lots of counterfeiters.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but the only ones that matter is the Jones' and the Market. Those two things are pointing to him being signed at $35M-$40M.

Just like in the regular job market, it doesn't matter what other people say. If the company says that your past performance is adequate... thats what it is.

Which is why Dallas has not been close to a Super Bowl in over 25 years.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Which is why Dallas has not been close to a Super Bowl in over 25 years.
There as been one constant throughout that whole time... and it's not Dak. JJ failed at building a quality team around a proven franchise QB the four years Dak was making less than $1M/yr.

Now, since Dak wasn't able to magically turn into Brady and take scrubs to the SB, some fans don't want pay him. Eventhough he actually turned out to be a statistcally good QB.

It's a cycle that needs to stop. Pay your franchise qb, build from the draft. Since this team has bad luck with free agents... with Amari being the exception.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There as been one constant throughout that whole time... and it's not Dak. JJ failed at building a quality team around a proven franchise QB the four years Dak was making less than $1M/yr.

Now, since Dak wasn't able to magically turn into Brady and take scrubs to the SB, some fans don't want pay him. Eventhough he actually turned out to be a statistcally good QB.

It's a cycle that needs to stop. Pay your franchise qb, build from the draft. Since this team has bad luck with free agents... with Amari being the exception.

A statistical QB that does not help turn those stats into wins and deep playoff runs does not need to get paid big bucks....it's as simple as that.

Oh, and if Dallas was not able to build a team via the draft and free agency when Dak was on a rookie deal then how will they do it when he is being paid big money? It doesn't work that way.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
A statistical QB that does not help turn those stats into wins and deep playoff runs does not need to get paid big bucks....it's as simple as that.

Oh, and if Dallas was not able to build a team via the draft and free agency when Dak was on a rookie deal then how will they do it when he is being paid big money? It doesn't work that way.
If a statistically good qb can't help a team win, the problem isn't the qb... simple as that. Getting rid of him won't help the team, it will make it worst.

If the front office can't figure out how to build around him when he's making <$1M, why do you think they can figure it out with a less talented rookie or a older more injury prone vet?

Some people around here just want to gloat about having a league minimum team winning the SB. Yall gonna be waiting another 25 years...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Facts? Yeah, because so many quarterbacks are judged on "pass explosive %" by anyone without an ulterior motive in their Dak support.
I don't care what you "judge" him on in the scheme of things your opinion is irrelevant. The post contained facts whether you acknowledge them or not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
daks not signing for 40+ book it

hes tagged or bagged and has one last year or traded. Either he comes to his senses or wont be wearing the star real soon..jerry has seen whats going on with this as will other owners the market will decline for non elite players especially qbs..
What do you mean "book it"? If you want to make guarantees on what the Cowboys will or won't do then so be it. I honestly don't know what they will sign for but if Dak is asking for 40 million then he will get it. If he gets tagged they must plan on trading him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If a statistically good qb can't help a team win, the problem isn't the qb... simple as that. Getting rid of him won't help the team, it will make it worst.

If the front office can't figure out how to build around him when he's making <$1M, why do you think they can figure it out with a less talented rookie or a older more injury prone vet?

Some people around here just want to gloat about having a league minimum team winning the SB. Yall gonna be waiting another 25 years...

Thank you for making my point why signing Dak is a mistake.