Astros Just Keep Comin' Atya!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Man, I don't think these guys even understand what fear is.

They know that they have the talent and just go out there and have fun.They all work as a TEAM. No one person is more important than the other. When Kyle Tucker got his first hit, Altuve went and collected the ball. I have a feeling that a prank is on the way. :laugh:

Solid group.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I adore Jose Altuve.

I shouldn't as a rival fan. But I also love baseball.

He is, in my opinion, the second best ball player in baseball. Mookie a very close third. Sorry Mookie fanboys.

I was so happy Altuve won the MVP last year, he absolutely deserved it. And he is a class act and plays 100% every game (except the other day when he got thrown out at first jogging on a wild strike three :muttley:)

Why can't I enjoy this team more? Why can't they leave the daggon ALWest? They are here to stay, and I think the first real shot at dynasty mode since the Giants, and 90s NYY before them.

Leave the ALWest please :)

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I adore Jose Altuve.

He is, in my opinion, the second best ball player in baseball. Mookie a very close third. Sorry Mookie fanboys.

I was so happy Altuve won the MVP last year, he absolutely deserved it. And he is a class act and plays 100% every game (except the other day when he got thrown out at first jogging on a wild strike three :muttley:)

Why can't I enjoy this team more? Why can't they leave the daggon ALWest? They are here to stay, and I think the first real shot at dynasty mode since the Giants, and 90s NYY before them.

Trust me. I'd rather them be back in the NL. Bud Selig gave us the shaft so his beloved Brewers could get out of the AL and have a chance.

Having to go through teams that like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Angels isn't fun in my older age. :grin:

kskboys

Reaction score
And Cole is in the Cy Young convo at present!!!!! Of course, so are Verlander and Morton(Of all people)!!!!!!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I adore Jose Altuve.

And the best?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
So the guy who hadn't had a RBI in a month, until today is the best player? He can't stay healthy either. He is a very talented player, but I would not call him the best.

BTW, I am not saying Altuve is the best either, though I take Jose evertime over Trout mainly because of consistency and durability.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So the guy who hadn't had a RBI in a month, until today is the best player? He can't stay healthy either. He is a very talented player, but I would not call him the best.

BTW, I am not saying Altuve is the best either, though I take Jose evertime over Trout mainly because of consistency and durability.
The guy who is carrying a listless roster on his shoulders, who has a higher WAR and production output than anyone since Mantle through his age-26 season. Higher than Bonds, Killebrew, Dawson etc. Yes. A player who's WRC+ is toe-to-toe with Cobb, Mantle, Mays, Aaron.

Put him on the Astros, batting third, and he has 15 more runs scored and probably 10-15 more RBIs. And a manager not as inept as Sosh willing to send him running, not making him stay put because Pujols "doesn't like to hit" with runners going on the pitch.

He is unquestionably the best baseball player of his generation.

Stop it. Every year there's a "new Trout"

At least Altuve is great at staying consistent and performing at a high-level, unlike the latest flavor of the month. Betts was woeful last year, per his hype. Altuve is a great ball plater, who doesn't seem to have high-low seasons.

You lost me with your homer take, tho. Trout over Altuve? LOL

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

There is no baseball player more consistently greater than Trout.

And durability? LOL He has been injured once, last year, on a freak slide into second base. And he still finished 4th in MVP voting with 6.7 WAR and missing 45 games. He would have had his 3rd MVP if he didn't tear his UCL (thumb). He was having a career year up to that injury.

Again, it's his only major injury in 7 full seasons. Durability? Do you watch baseball outside of the Astros? Do you even watch baseball?

Or do you show up at the halfway point like you do with the Pens?

Homer.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Stros fans that are around for the whole season, that don't bandwagon jump, or are casual fans like he, ignore my posts to Big.

He went there.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Trout finds a way to get on base almost every night I'll take that all day long. Even as an Astros fan, I'm not ashamed to admit that Trout is a BEAST him being the best isn't even up for debate. He's going to go down in history as one of the all time greats. His numbers boggle my mind. Hopefully the Angels' front office keeps screwing thing up. Otherwise, we're all in trouble if they build around him.