At Least Parcells Would Bench(or cut) Poor Play

sjordan6

Reaction score
What pisses me off more than anything is the lack of emotion, intensity, and oh-well attitude Wade has and his refusal to see the glass as completely empty. The team is a reflection of the head coach and right now they are playing like Wade coaches.

There is no way Flozell continues to suit up with the way he is playing. If he is hurt then he doesnt play and if he is healthy than play like it. Parcells would have benched him after the Bengals game for sure.

The poor tackling is a direct reflection of the coaching and the penalties is residue of "Camp Cupcake". Wade seems like the only one who is living in the past of last season and thinks they are automatically suppose to win.

People please stop blaming Jerry as the GM for putting the most talented team on the field. This team is loaded but the coaches job is to get them ready to play. Right now they are simply being outplayed and are showing no emotion or intensity to win.

A reflection of the coach.

This team will be no better when Romo returns because they have bigger problems than Romo. Unless Wade decides to bench poor play and hold his position coaches accountable then this team will tumble to mediocrity.

My hope is that Felix Jones will provide a spark on offense that will Romo to hopefully take advantage of Roy Williams and T.O.

Hopefully Newman can allow us some help on a defense that can use him and maybe we can win some games to have a chance at a wild card. No matter what happens, Wade should be fired! Super Bowl or not!

I also hope this losing streak kills any plans of Garrett becoming a head coach next year. Hopefully JJ hires a coach with some fire and discipline in his vein (Bill Cow)!

Jake0

Reaction score
Actually.. what Parcells would do is ask the player if they're capable of playing, if they are remotely capable of playing, then he will force them out there otherwise call them a *****. He was always known as a hardass that forced players to play through pain.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
this team is way to soft and sloppy, thats goes back to head coach, i totally agree with you, about wade

Mash

Reaction score
Parcells teams were really focused....

The were just as sloppy and had just as many penalities......

You can only coach so much.....tell a player so many times about being diciplined.

At some point players need to be accountable.....

are we going to bench everyone that commits a penalty? Our OL would be full of street FA's

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
zrinkill;2395752 said:
Who did Parcells ever bench or cut do to performance?
Himself!

Badump ching!

I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress. Try the veal.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Mash;2395820 said:

You can only coach so much.....tell a player so many times about being diciplined.

are we going to bench everyone that commits a penalty? Our OL would be full of street FA's

That's exactly right. The same complaints abounded under the Parcells regime. Clearly, a couple areas on this team, especially on defense, need to be overhauled.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
What pisses me off more than anything is the lack of emotion, intensity, and oh-well attitude Wade has and his refusal to see the glass as completely empty. The team is a reflection of the head coach and right now they are playing like Wade coaches.
One thing I loved about Parcells was when he would give a player "the look" after making a dumb play, or penalty. He would stare them down until they sat on the bench. BUT..., just because I liked it does not mean it was the best thing for that player or for that team. It is hard for us as fans to try and dictate what the best style of coaching would be for this team because we honestly wouldn't know.

With that said, players do feed off of their coach and it does look like that the Cowboy players demeanor is exactly that of the coaches. Light a fire under someones butt WADE. I mean c'mon, I was about to break something when one of our players was lined up in the neutral zone on a punt.

Just because Wade is some nice guy does not mean he doesn't have some kind of fire in there. He has to. There is no way he can accept this level of play. If he were to actually yell at the team, I believe the players would actually listen because they know that is usually not his style so for him to yell shows how pissed off he is.

There is no way Flozell continues to suit up with the way he is playing. If he is hurt then he doesnt play and if he is healthy than play like it. Parcells would have benched him after the Bengals game for sure.
I don't have the best memory but didn't parcells once bench Larry Allen or disciplined him in front of the team for bad play. I may be wrong.

This is one of those situations where you get mad at the player for sucking but in reality, he probably shouldn't even be out there which comes back to coaching.

I understand that Free may not be any better or may be way worse but at least let Flo heal so that he can be effective towards the end of the season.

The poor tackling is a direct reflection of the coaching and the penalties is residue of "Camp Cupcake". Wade seems like the only one who is living in the past of last season and thinks they are automatically suppose to win.
I respectfully disagree. Penalties and poor tackling were a problem even before wade. We had more speed when Parcells was here, at least in 03, and we did a lot of gang tackling. But I don't remember the individual tackling being any better.

I don't think it has anything to do with how hard you work the players. It probably has more to do with the lack of proper form and technique being taught.
People please stop blaming Jerry as the GM for putting the most talented team on the field. This team is loaded but the coaches job is to get them ready to play. Right now they are simply being outplayed and are showing no emotion or intensity to win.
I agree that coaches have to get the players ready to play. But I wouldn't let Jerry out of the woods that easily.

The best player for a position may not be the most talented player at that position. Other things should come into factor when scouting. What is the guys football IQ? Is he more of an individual player than he is a team player? Is he the best fit for the scheme that we are running? Whats his track record?

All talent does is make a team good. It does not make a team great. Last year, Giants were a team full of good players who knew how to play WELL together and thats what made them great. Their chemistry was at its peak during the playoffs. When we played them, we were a team full of talent that could not play well together and we lost.

This team will be no better when Romo returns because they have bigger problems than Romo. Unless Wade decides to bench poor play and hold his position coaches accountable then this team will tumble to mediocrity.
I agree that we have bigger problems than Romo, but this team will be a lot better when Romo comes back. He IS the MVP of this team and we need him.
My hope is that Felix Jones will provide a spark on offense that will Romo to hopefully take advantage of Roy Williams and T.O.
Having Jones and Romo back, along with the addition of #11Roy Williams will make this offense scary.
Hopefully Newman can allow us some help on a defense that can use him and maybe we can win some games to have a chance at a wild card. No matter what happens, Wade should be fired! Super Bowl or not!
I'm not Wades biggest fan, but if we were to go to the Super Bowl, I don't see how you could fire the guy. If we were to lose the big game, give him another chance to come back and win it. If we win the big game, give him a chance to repeat. Because at that point, it would be obvious that he did something right.

I also hope this losing streak kills any plans of Garrett becoming a head coach next year. Hopefully JJ hires a coach with some fire and discipline in his vein (Bill Cow)!
Again, the whole mean streak style of coaching may not be what this team needs. I think a lot of fans are calling for it because of what they are seeing right now. That is until the mean streak coach comes in and fails, then we will be asking to fire that guy and look for another guy. And we will keep going through that process until a coach can win a super bowl in his first 2 years as a coach of the Cowboys...since most fans don't have any patience.

------------------
Wow, I don't usually have time to reply like that.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Mash;2395820 said:

Not focused enough to stop themselves from being sloppy, EH?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
sjordan6;2395743 said:
At Least Parcells Would Bench(or cut) Poor Play

Aka holding the players accountable.

He'd do that with his coaches as well.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
zrinkill;2395752 said:
Who did Parcells ever bench or cut do to performance?
banished emmitt & larry allen just to name a few to renew the losing culture that permeated valley ranch

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
chinch;2397036 said:
banished emmitt & larry allen just to name a few to renew the losing culture that permeated valley ranch

We'd probably still not know about Romo if BP didn't bench Bledsoe.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Its honestly time to overhaul the roster outside of a few special players like Witten, Ware, Romo, Barber, Roy Williams.

Purging is needed at linebacker, defensive end and oline and wide receiver.