AT&T offer

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Anyone else on the forum ever been the Sunday lucky winner to answer a few questions. I did this morning and chose the Apple6 I-phone. Just wondering how your experience was and did things go smoothly?

Thanks in advance......

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I got some stupid pop up from T-Moble and Amazon S3 asking me some crap and telling me I won something or another and said it was working with CowboysZone. My desktop browsers blocks that garbage, but my phone isn't quite as capable.

If that continues, I will not come here anymore.

kFJVH.jpg

Nor do they want the annoyance.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I got some stupid pop up from T-Moble and Amazon S3 asking me some crap and telling me I won something or another and said it was working with CowboysZone. My desktop browsers blocks that garbage, but my phone isn't quite as capable.

kFJVH.jpg

I've gotten the pop up twice. Close to making a thread about it myself.

Pretty lame.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

kFJVH.jpg

well - i do believe that if you don't want to see ads, you can help fund reality and never see them. if not, the ads are how he keeps the site up and going.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
well - i do believe that if you don't want to see ads, you can help fund reality and never see them. if not, the ads are how he keeps the site up and going.

Ads are one thing. Pop-ups with redirects are entirely different.

It's not like Sam is a new poster who hasn't been exposed to the advertisements that have been on the site for who knows how long. Guy's been posting for a long time. If advertisements were that much of an issue for him, he wouldn't be here to say anything about them now.

Pop-ups with redirects are flat out disrespectful to the people that frequent this site. They're misleading, and often times they can be scams. Here's the pop-up I got a couple weeks ago. Screenshot it because I didn't really believe it.

EOjBXUN.png

Can't close the pop-up. You can only click "OK" to be redirected to whatever scheme lies on the other side of that link. I close the browser and reopen it because I know it's BS, but maybe not everyone is so keen to these things. In fact, I almost had to question if the site was holding a giveaway of some sort. Dead serious, never seen this before in like 12 years of posting. Never seen anything like this in all of that time. I have - check that, I had - literally no expectation to be fed into the scam funnel when visiting this site.

Fortunately, I knew what it was after a moment of contemplation. That said, this is a family friendly site and we have some young posters here. I'm betting not all the younger poster would be able to spot it right away, and they may think it's a sponsored raffle or giveaway on behalf of the site. Be a damn shame if some poor kid took the bait and ended up signing up for some sort of reoccurring monthly text messaging fee.

Advertisements are fine. Nobody is going to blame Reality for needing to support the site. Doorways to multi-level marketing schemes are insulting, and quite frankly, I think they're detestable.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Whatcha talking about Willis? I'm a user magnet! People gravitate here because I'm here! :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Whatcha talking about Willis? I'm a user magnet! People gravitate here because I'm here! :)

heh - i know i do. and hoof - yea. that one is pretty bad. i have to wonder what script or program he's using to monitize the ads so he may not exactly know either what is coming out of it - so let him know.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ads are one thing. Pop-ups with redirects are entirely different.

It's not like Sam is a new poster who hasn't been exposed to the advertisements that have been on the site for who knows how long. Guy's been posting for a long time. If advertisements were that much of an issue for him, he wouldn't be here to say anything about them now.

Pop-ups with redirects are flat out disrespectful to the people that frequent this site. They're misleading, and often times they can be scams. Here's the pop-up I got a couple weeks ago. Screenshot it because I didn't really believe it.

EOjBXUN.png

Can't close the pop-up. You can only click "OK" to be redirected to whatever scheme lies on the other side of that link. I close the browser and reopen it because I know it's BS, but maybe not everyone is so keen to these things. In fact, I almost had to question if the site was holding a giveaway of some sort. Dead serious, never seen this before in like 12 years of posting. Never seen anything like this in all of that time. I have - check that, I had - literally no expectation to be fed into the scam funnel when visiting this site.

Fortunately, I knew what it was after a moment of contemplation. That said, this is a family friendly site and we have some young posters here. I'm betting not all the younger poster would be able to spot it right away, and they may think it's a sponsored raffle or giveaway on behalf of the site. Be a damn shame if some poor kid took the bait and ended up signing up for some sort of reoccurring monthly text messaging fee.

Advertisements are fine. Nobody is going to blame Reality for needing to support the site. Doorways to multi-level marketing schemes are insulting, and quite frankly, I think they're detestable.

That's the crapware I got too. /spit

It's that type of crap that will cause me to blacklist a site.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only ads that show on this site are Google ads. We do not use any third party ad services other than Google.

If you are getting popups, either the advertiser has somehow circumvented Google's approval system or you have malware/adware/virus installed on your device. This is very common on Android devices. Search google for "Android Redirect Virus" for example.

If you are running on a non-mobile device, I highly recommend you disable Adobe Flash. The net has been moving away from Flash for a while, but over the last few months, there have been countless exploits in Flash that cause popups and even link-redirects (you click on a link on CZ but end up on another site). I will be glad when flash is completely abandoned by everyone including Adobe.

In over 14 years, CZ has never shown any ads on the site other than Google ads specifically because I do not trust third party advertising services. I get contacted regularly from ad services wanting to put their ads on CZ and I never respond to any of them no matter what they offer.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The only ads that show on this site are Google ads. We do not use any third party ad services other than Google.

If you are getting popups, either the advertiser has somehow circumvented Google's approval system or you have malware/adware/virus installed on your device. This is very common on Android devices. Search google for "Android Redirect Virus" for example.

If you are running on a non-mobile device, I highly recommend you disable Adobe Flash. The net has been moving away from Flash for a while, but over the last few months, there have been countless exploits in Flash that cause popups and even link-redirects (you click on a link on CZ but end up on another site). I will be glad when flash is completely abandoned by everyone including Adobe.

In over 14 years, CZ has never shown any ads on the site other than Google ads specifically because I do not trust third party advertising services. I get contacted regularly from ad services wanting to put their ads on CZ and I never respond to any of them no matter what they offer.

Well, you see in the screenshot above. This popup is using your site's name in the hijacking as if you're in cahoots with it. Though I get that it's probably using a referrer or something to get the name if you aren't involved with this.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, you see in the screenshot above. This popup is using your site's name in the hijacking as if you're in cahoots with it. Though I get that it's probably using a referrer or something to get the name if you aren't involved with this.

You realize that they just pulled the domain and capitalized it, right? CZ's name is also the domain!

If you saw that ad on iwishtheworldwasnicertome.com, it would have displayed IWISHTHEWORLDWASNICERTOME.COM ..

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
it's you, dude. not the site. so if you blacklist sites because of this, you're blacklisting potentially innocent sites. :)

I have a wheel of blame that I spin. Most of the time the innocent is the victim of being guilty. How do you think your name came up when I started tossing blame? You crapped out! :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I have a wheel of blame that I spin. Most of the time the innocent is the victim of being guilty. How do you think your name came up when I started tossing blame? You crapped out! :)

THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME!!!!!! :)

let me know if that article fixes it for you. i get those going into facebook at times and i close them every time. looks like the PC world has this issue going on also.

tm1119

Reaction score

I have a few month old, fully updated iPhone 6 and get the same thing...I'm pretty sure I don't have spyware/malware...

Not saying this in a *****ing way either, it's really not the end of the world to me. Just in case you were looking into or anything.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan