Attack of the nanobot cyborgs

dsturgeon

Reaction score
https://news.mit.edu/2022/cell-rover-exploring-augmenting-inner-world-cell-0922
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-022-32862-4

I think the widely held belief on the cowboys website is that the mars rover is not real. The belief that there is not a remote controlled erector set car on mars. But do not be disappointed, science has now brought us the CELL ROVER. After all the terminator and cyborg movies, it turns out that cybernetic organisms will start in our cells.

The most exciting aspect of this research is we are able to create cyborgs at a cellular scale,” says Deblina Sarkar, assistant professor and AT&T Career Development Chair at the MIT Media Lab and head of the Nano-Cybernetic Biotrek Lab. “We are able to fuse the versatility of information technology at the level of cells, the building blocks of biology.”

Because of the sophistication and scale of nanoelectronic devices such as transistors and switches — “representing five decades of tremendous advancements in the field of information technology,” Sarkar says — the Cell Rover, with its mini antenna, could carry out functions ranging all the way to intracellular computing and information processing for autonomous exploration and modulation of the cell. The research demonstrated that multiple Cell Rovers can be engaged, even within a single cell, to communicate among themselves and outside of the cells.

Would anyone take cell enhancement in the form of nanoelectronic devices to strengthen their bodies, overcome diseases, "failures" in genetics, and the chance to live forever?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I just watched the movie Morgan about a week ago. It's about a growing robot. The robot was created as an infant and grew up to be a young adult. So they bioengineered and human being using synthetic DNA.

But one they are nowhere near that level of nano technology. Plus like I always say, God won't let them get to the point where they could grow robots.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I think the widely held belief on the cowboys website is that the mars rover is not real. The belief that there is not a remote controlled erector set car on mars. But do not be disappointed, science has now brought us the CELL ROVER. After all the terminator and cyborg movies, it turns out that cybernetic organisms will start in our cells.

The most exciting aspect of this research is we are able to create cyborgs at a cellular scale,” says Deblina Sarkar, assistant professor and AT&T Career Development Chair at the MIT Media Lab and head of the Nano-Cybernetic Biotrek Lab. “We are able to fuse the versatility of information technology at the level of cells, the building blocks of biology.”

Because of the sophistication and scale of nanoelectronic devices such as transistors and switches — “representing five decades of tremendous advancements in the field of information technology,” Sarkar says — the Cell Rover, with its mini antenna, could carry out functions ranging all the way to intracellular computing and information processing for autonomous exploration and modulation of the cell. The research demonstrated that multiple Cell Rovers can be engaged, even within a single cell, to communicate among themselves and outside of the cells.

Would anyone take cell enhancement in the form of nanoelectronic devices to strengthen their bodies, overcome diseases, "failures" in genetics, and the chance to live forever?
Too many drugs for this one.

Creeper

Reaction score

As long as I am me, I would give it a go, as long as it is legitimate, fully tested and safe. The older I get the more likely I would accept anything that give me back the abilities of my youth, especially memory!

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I just watched the movie Morgan about a week ago. It's about a growing robot. The robot was created as an infant and grew up to be a young adult. So they bioengineered and human being using synthetic DNA.

But one they are nowhere near that level of nano technology. Plus like I always say, God won't let them get to the point where they could grow robots.

I watched the trailer for that one. It llooks relevant to the topic. I will check it out

terra

Reaction score

I sense someone that thinks their feces does not stink. Or that you think we are all ignorant rednecks.
I really do not believe there is more than a couple here that actually believe its all fiction. You get a few like that everywhere.
Many are like myself and are deeply suspicious (with very good reason) of anything proclaimed to be so great and revolutionary.
show me is a realistic way to look at life; not believing in pie in the sky is sensible.
Those of us that have been around for more than 20-30 years have heard the refrain "this will change EVERYTHING!" so often and it rarely comes true.
Just like in the past predictions for the future are almost always wrong.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I sense someone that thinks their feces does not stink. Or that you think we are all ignorant rednecks.
I really do not believe there is more than a couple here that actually believe its all fiction. You get a few like that everywhere.
Many are like myself and are deeply suspicious (with very good reason) of anything proclaimed to be so great and revolutionary.
show me is a realistic way to look at life; not believing in pie in the sky is sensible.
Those of us that have been around for more than 20-30 years have heard the refrain "this will change EVERYTHING!" so often and it rarely comes true.
Just like in the past predictions for the future are almost always wrong.

What do you think my belief on the mars rover is?

Creeper

Reaction score
By "me" I mean my consciousness. Creating an enhanced body controlled by AI, for example, does me no good. I have lots of caveats of course because I would not want my brain implanted in a bulky mechanical body that breaks down like my refrigerator.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
By "me" I mean my consciousness. Creating an enhanced body controlled by AI, for example, does me no good. I have lots of caveats of course because I would not want my brain implanted in a bulky mechanical body that breaks down like my refrigerator.

What if it was like the first pirates of the cariabean movie. Where your consciousness and body remained as you. You did not die or get sick and you got smarter by living, but you could never quench your thirst or satiate your flesh and hunger. You roamed the earth

OIP._4PwdYReEEx_MnNN2Li4IAHaJ_

nobody

Reaction score
What if it was like the first pirates of the cariabean movie. Where your consciousness and body remained as you. You did not die or get sick and you got smarter by living, but you could never quench your thirst or satiate your flesh and hunger. You roamed the earth

OIP._4PwdYReEEx_MnNN2Li4IAHaJ_

Hell on Earth? No thanks.