Attendance down 1000 a day in Oxnard

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're upset because I rightly called out them so called fans in California for not showing up. I'm simply stating the obvious. Try to deflect or make an argument if you want, the bottom line is that California Cowboys fans are not showing up to fill out Cowboys training camp. It has never happened when held in Texas in the past 20+ years.

It has never happened in Cali either until now. Lets see how it goes in Frisco shall we?

Like some have said, people come from all over. I will also bet that 80% live no where close to Oxnard(or within 50 miles).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ignore this dude, 408. He just wants to hear himself speak and get that oh-so-precious last word in.

He is blatantly ignoring every talking point and moving the goal posts. I retract post 108 or whatever it was.
Ignore away. Y'all need to elect smarter people that know how to much better control and limit those destructful wildfires. That falls on the voters.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ignore away. Y'all need to elect smarter people that know how to much better control and limit those destructful wildfires. That falls on the voters.
I wont ignore you. I prefer to see those posters like yourself, that put their foot in their mouth.

This post I'm replying to is your most recent example. :facepalm: Voter's caused the fires, ey? That's quite a leap, there, hoss

DiResta

Reaction score
They have a brand new facility in Frisco. They can always stay at home and have TC there. But the team has this idea that if they leave the area, it makes them focus better.

Well if I was paying the players that much money, they better focus on TC no matter where it is. Jerry needs to be concerned with them being focused, not rather they want to kneel or not. Kneeling do not win games.

And yes, they need to change this. I do not like the CA TC stuff. At least keep it in the Lonestar State.
Landry used to have the team practice in Thousand Oaks, Nate was explaining something along the same line
when its 100+ degrees and with that humidity you have guys needing IVs and heat exhaustion
if even a couple of your starters are affected it disrupts your practice
going to Oxnard lets them get a lot more done especially these days when you are limited in what youre able to do to begin with
of course theres the traveling circus of the Cowboys and all that entails

dwreck27

Reaction score
lack of star power, they were talking at the beginning of camp Dez pulled huge crowds and would play to them
thats one reason
Zeke is one of the few players with that kind of draw and his season last year didnt help
let some of the young guys earn their way to the top and it will change. i think i read Dallas has the youngest team in the league now

of course not playing championships hurts too

winning fixes everything

Huh? Dez had been terrible the last couple of years...

What I will agree to is that dez plays into the fans getting them hyped while I was at camp last week and zeke largely avoids the crowds and largely ignores them all practice

blueblood70

Reaction score
The idea used to be to get away from the creature comforts of home and go for more of a Spartan camp for 2 weeks..... to keep the focus on football and getting in shape
Spartan in Oxford no way that beach like get away from the hot tx weather and see some beach camp..ie camp cupcake.. take them back to west tx or something and practice in dust and dirt , that'd be Spartan.. BTW with he new rules they cant overwork guys anyway..old concepts time to get them back in TX so we can visit often at camps and practices..why practice in different stuff when during the year its about normalcy and consistency, why not start camp the same way.. Im saying im tired of Jerry trying to Appease other fans by bringing them closer..the Rams , Raiders and Chargers are playing a lot better and taking those fans back..bandwagon anyway..

DiResta

Reaction score
Huh? Dez had been terrible the last couple of years...

What I will agree to is that dez plays into the fans getting them hyped while I was at camp last week and zeke largely avoids the crowds and largely ignores them all practice
Dez is a superstar
people flock to see him in a down year for the same reason a player gets voted into the top 100 when they missed the season due to injury
same reason they are chasing him in airports

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My, my, by reading some of this thread, it's a good thing more didn't show up. They would have to had turned fire hoses on the stands. Bring out the cops in riot gear.

Damn folks, we're not Eagles fans. Save the venom for Eagles, Giants and Skins fans. Oh yeah, got a feeling those Eagles fans are going to pegging that Annoy Meter at a steady 10 when this gets real. Save it up for them for this season they really do have something to crow about.

blueblood70

Reaction score
cmon man
they ran the team more than anyone could remember since Jimmy
the league doesnt allow it anyway so already scaled down they can just bring it back home..its marketing thing for JJ , he wants to spread the Star over to all coasts, I get it..TC an OTAs are like walk throughs compared to back in the day..no reason to not have them in tougher condition's now to get MORE out of less..its like the ridiculousness then when its raining or snowing,they go indoors.. I mean they have to eventually play in this stuff, why not practice in it? any whoo who rally cares anyway I just would like to have the boys back here near me..im 8 miles from the Stadium and not too far from Frisco..

yimyammer

Reaction score
Any thoughts.......was it the autograph hounds taking a break with no Dez, Romo or Witten???

1534461528-NS_cowcamp_0728spo_JL_15.jpg

Proud of the no-shows, great job! Now if everyone would stop attending, the jack *** in charge might consider buying a new mirror

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Spartan in Oxford no way that beach like get away from the hot tx weather and see some beach camp..ie camp cupcake.. take them back to west tx or something and practice in dust and dirt , that'd be Spartan.. BTW with he new rules they cant overwork guys anyway..old concepts time to get them back in TX so we can visit often at camps and practices..why practice in different stuff when during the year its about normalcy and consistency, why not start camp the same way.. Im saying im tired of Jerry trying to Appease other fans by bringing them closer..the Rams , Raiders and Chargers are playing a lot better and taking those fans back..bandwagon anyway..
They players don't go to the beach..... plus I was talking to a guy that asked why would they leave the creature comforts of Frisco

The idea is to be uncomfortable

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Hilarious.....sooooo Fox News comment section from Kalamazoo USA. Look people...Oxnard basically is a trashy barrio/farm area. It’s not a “beach town” at all. I don’t even like driving through it on my way to the PCH run to Malibu,and as far as Dallas camp attendance? Has nothing to do with fires,and what hyperbole middle America spreads from the views of a biased media camera lens. They are coming off their umpteenth bad drama filled diarrhea in a can season,and Romo,Dez and Witten were basically their big draws. Like for real? Us people in CA have waaaaay more things to do than hang at glorified NFL practices. I’d much rather be cruising my car down the PCH to a number of great spots I frequent,than sitting on a hard aluminum seat with no shade watching some weirdos in front scream and holler....not to mention the NFL has crapped the bed with all their political rhetoric.