Attending Dallas at Philly Game

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

I'll be attending the game this Sunday night. This trip is our annual NFL Stadium tour with my friends. First time in Philadelphia. Any cool food/bar recommendations from people that know the city well?

Much appreciated.
Be careful - those people are animals! Watch your feet and don't wash your hands in the bathroom sink - they pee in those and in the corners going into the bathroom - disgusting city!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

I'll be attending the game this Sunday night. This trip is our annual NFL Stadium tour with my friends. First time in Philadelphia. Any cool food/bar recommendations from people that know the city well?

Much appreciated.

If I were you I would be more worried about your own ribs then worrying about buying food out in the city. Stay safe!!!

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
You should go visit the wizard and stop letting the media fool you.
I haven't been there, but I have friends that are giants and skins fans who have been to several games. My boss is giants fan, and used to go to philly/giants game in philly every year. He stopped going because "too many drunk aholes fighting each other and anybody they could". Also said he stopped bringing his kids because of the "chorus of cursing" he encountered at every game. Another friend worked for what was the "Official Radio Station" of the skins. One year he was asked to work the game in philly. He drove up some equipment in the radio station van, which had "Home of the Skins" and the skins logo on it. After the game, he found all 4 tires slashed, and the windshield smashed. And the eagles won that game! Pretty fun end of a workday for him.

But yeah, you're right, nothing but classy fans at eagles games. Just ask the vikings fans who went to the NFC Championship game last year. They looked like they were having a blast as they walked into the stadium. Who doesn't enjoy having hundreds of people yell the f-word at them, sticking their middle fingers in their faces, and having beer thrown at them?

Tsug

Reaction score
Dress warmly. It'll be 38 degrees at 8 PM kickoff.

This isn't your 70 degree game in a dome with seat warmers. This is real football.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

Much appreciated.
Take some Kevlar with you and watch out for IEDs in the parking lot on the walk the the stadium. GL. GOD SPEED!

I've actually been to a game at the Linc and sat 3 rows down from Stevie Wonder. Yes. Stevie Wonder..lol.

tm1119

Reaction score
Xfinity live right by the stadium is the easiest spot and usually pretty good.
South Street is probably the most popular destination...that’s more the trashy/rowdy area tho
I prefer “Old city” for bars/pubs. More selection and reasonable people there.
Brewerytown is also a good spot for beer and food

But really as long as you aren’t dressed head to toe in cowboys gear drawing attention to yourself you’ll be just fine. Philly has the stereotypes, but really there is the same amount of drunk idiots there as anywhere else.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Another fear monger smh. I take offense to this fans are animals junk. You sound like a soccer dad talking about KOP is great. It's boring as ever unless you're a middle aged soccer parent. Great shopping though.

Soccer dad? Fear monger? You are clearly an idiot. I provided valuable advice to not look for trouble in Philly. Been there plenty of times. Did not tell him to avoid. I told him to keep his head on a swivel. Go get a PBJ from your mommy computer commando.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Cowardly? Which city had to put a jail in its football stadium?

The terrible reputation has been earned.

I'm sorry if you live there and that offends you.
Lies should always offend people. They didn't have to put it there it was a choice. It hasn't been earned people are just cowards and easily scarred.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I haven't been there, but I have friends that are giants and skins fans who have been to several games. My boss is giants fan, and used to go to philly/giants game in philly every year. He stopped going because "too many drunk aholes fighting each other and anybody they could". Also said he stopped bringing his kids because of the "chorus of cursing" he encountered at every game. Another friend worked for what was the "Official Radio Station" of the skins. One year he was asked to work the game in philly. He drove up some equipment in the radio station van, which had "Home of the Skins" and the skins logo on it. After the game, he found all 4 tires slashed, and the windshield smashed. And the eagles won that game! Pretty fun end of a workday for him.

But yeah, you're right, nothing but classy fans at eagles games. Just ask the vikings fans who went to the NFC Championship game last year. They looked like they were having a blast as they walked into the stadium. Who doesn't enjoy having hundreds of people yell the f-word at them, sticking their middle fingers in their faces, and having beer thrown at them?
Maybe he should buy some better seats and on top of that it's fights at every game. Who do y'all think y'all are fooling with that it's fights there logic. I've went to the games to with my Boys gear on and it's been some trash talking but nothing you haven't saw at any sporting event before.

Never said it was nothing but classy fans exaggerator. I'm saying it's overblown because some people are cowards and or they dislike the team so they look for any way to justify saying all types of wild generalizations.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Soccer dad? Fear monger? You are clearly an idiot. I provided valuable advice to not look for trouble in Philly. Been there plenty of times. Did not tell him to avoid. I told him to keep his head on a swivel. Go get a PBJ from your mommy computer commando.
I'm clearly an idiot because I disagree with you? Great logic there genius. You can say I'm an idiot but where it counts I'm not so shrugs. If he goes to the game and enjoy himself he won't have to worry about all this trouble you speak of. Look online friend you have to use better insults than stuff involving my mom and basement living innuendos that doesn't apply to me.

Dre11

Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

Don't wear gear unless you have a group. Crazy fans.

Much appreciated.

Dre11

Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

Much appreciated.
DELSANDROS is a popular cheese steak place

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Never said you was scarred. You can goto Fat Tuesday on south st if you like frozen drinks. Heck south st in general if you like drinks and food. Lorenzo's to get a slice of pizza. I would tell you and your friends to goto Maxs to get a cheesesteak but that's probably out of the way for people that don't know the city.

Sounds like you're near olde city so there is also clubs around there and more food places depending on if you like that stuff. It's a lot to do depending on what you like to do.

This right here. You will be surrounded by clubs, bars and some nice little bistros. Walking from around Second/Front & Market Streets over to South Street is always a good stroll. Always a very vibrant area from Thursday thru Sunday nights.

If you guys are thinking of a nice restaurant there are quite few in the area but a little ways away from where you’re staying. Must of the 4/5 star restaurants are located around and just west of city hall. DeFrisco’s, Ocean Prime and let me suggest one of my favorites, Devon Seafood and Steak. Great food, atmosphere and reasonably priced.

On Sunday for pregame and after do Xifinty Live across from the stadium. It’s a very happening sports bar.

And wear your Jerseys and represent. You will find quite a few Cowboys fan everywhere that night and it isn’t like anything that you read.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
You gotta give more information buddy. This is just random as expletive. How long you're gonna be there where you're staying in the city etc.

Don't listen to this coward. You will get stuff but it isn't what the media makes it out to be. It's normal trash talk. You will enjoy the game like I do the times I've went.

And frankly the attitude nowadays is that some almost feel bad for us because of all our issues.

As long as you don’t act like an *** you’ll be fine.

Sydla

Reaction score
3 days, we'll be staying in the historic district. And I'm not scared, I will be rolling with 9 buddies, but we're not there to start any trouble.

You’ll be fine.

What hotel?