Attending Dallas at Philly Game

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ve been to games in Philly many times. While there are TONS of cool Eagle fans (some are lifelong pals!), and a few even post here, the majority of that fan base are loud, bitter, nasty drunks with the jealous little brother complex. They’re obsessed with us, and will confront anyone in Cowboy gear. I once observed a group of Eagle fans gather around a single Dallas fan in a bathroom. The poor shmuck laid on the filthy floor in the fetal position as circled him, taking turns kicking him. One kicker wore a three piece suit.

Don’t take the chance. Travel in groups, and don’t wear your colors!

While this kind of stuff can happen. It’s not the norm.

If people really step up to you, best thing you can do is not back down. Usually they won’t cross the line if you make it clear you aren’t playing games.

Going to the bathroom or using a porta potty alone is a bad idea though. Always have backup for those situations.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You called people "cowards". Nobody "twisted" anything. Grow up and show a shred of accountability for your own mistakes. Yeah, you acted like a jerk. It's too bad if you now don't like being called on it.

Again, be a man. Show some accountability.
Blah blah blah. Take your own advice and grow up yourself. If I acted like a jerk so did all the others generalizing and stereotyping so spare me your sometimey morality. When you get off my back and criticize them also I'll think about taking you seriously. Until then please.

If you have anything else to say pm me so this thread can move forward without this bs back and forth or drop it. Your choice.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Hey Zoners,

I'll be attending the game this Sunday night. This trip is our annual NFL Stadium tour with my friends. First time in Philadelphia. Any cool food/bar recommendations from people that know the city well?

Much appreciated.

You are Brave attending a game in that zoo. May I suggest posing as an eagle fan. Good luck.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

If people really step up to you, best thing you can do is not back down. Usually they won’t cross the line if you make it clear you aren’t playing games.

Going to the bathroom or using a porta potty alone is a bad idea though. Always have backup for those situations.
Like you said it isn't the norm so why act like you're going to war in another country. I've been to many games and never saw what was described at any nfce game. Not saying it never happens but am saying it's an outlier event when it does.

I do agree with the one poster who said some Eagles fans are on some little brother complex. Most are cool though just like in most situations.

lukin2006

Reaction score
3 days, we'll be staying in the historic district. And I'm not scared, I will be rolling with 9 buddies, but we're not there to start any trouble.

Good choice attending the game with a lot of people. Safety in numbers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blah blah blah. Take your own advice and grow up yourself. If I acted like a jerk so did all the others generalizing and stereotyping so spare me your sometimey morality. When you get off my back and criticize them also I'll think about taking you seriously. Until then please.

They talked about poor behavior in the Philadelphia area, it's too bad that your city has earned it's awful reputation. You came in and acted like a jerk, calling people cowards. I don't care what your opinion is of me. It's obvious you're a hateful little person anyway. Who you are and what you're about is crystal clear.

If you have anything else to say pm me so this thread can move forward without this bs back and forth or drop it. Your choice.

And I'll call you out for who you are and what you do publicly. So that everybody knows. I don't need to speak to you otherwise, I've said what I needed to say here.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Like you said it isn't the norm so why act like you're going to war in another country. I've been to many games and never saw what was described at any nfce game. Not saying it never happens but am saying it's an outlier event when it does.

I do agree with the one poster who said some Eagles fans are on some little brother complex. Most are cool though just like in most situations.

Exactly. I’ve never seen a fight period actually. I’ve even tailgated with random eagles fans and they’re cool.

Again plenty will talk smack, curse, use crude language, probably call you a P or stuff like that.

But if you just good naturedly smile and give it back to them a bit. Usually no problem.

Most will be fine.

The worst that ever happened to me was some chick who was like 4’8” started cursing me out and then shoved me. She must have been trashed. But literally as soon as she shoved me, security was on her like white on rice and pulled her away.

No prob

Philmonroe

Reaction score
They talked about poor behavior in the Philadelphia area, it's too bad that your city has earned it's awful reputation. You came in and acted like a jerk, calling people cowards. I don't care what your opinion is of me. It's obvious you're a hateful little person anyway. Who you are and what you're about is crystal clear.

And I'll call you out for who you are and what you do publicly. So that everybody knows. I don't need to speak to you otherwise, I've said what I needed to say here.
They are because most of them haven't even been to a dang game probably just like you talking stuff. When you speak of stuff from hearse and you're scarred off of that stuff yes I'm calling you a coward and fear mongering.

You just want to be a public show out call out poster. Attention seeker I see you and if your whining self has said what you have to say since you just say the same junk over and over why do you feel the need to keep quoting me? Want to feel more morally superior than me I see. Go ahead kaslawsee

HungryLion

Reaction score
And going on their own free will...

In all seriousness,

Philly is a great city to travel to. The city is rich with history.

The liberty bell, independence hall, the Betsy Ross house, etc.

The franklin institute is also an awesome place to check out. They have a great IMAX theatre and a ton of interactive science exhibits. Highly recommend people check it out.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Exactly. I’ve never seen a fight period actually. I’ve even tailgated with random eagles fans and they’re cool.

Again plenty will talk smack, curse, use crude language, probably call you a P or stuff like that.

But if you just good naturedly smile and give it back to them a bit. Usually no problem.

Most will be fine.

The worst that ever happened to me was some chick who was like 4’8” started cursing me out and then shoved me. She must have been trashed. But literally as soon as she shoved me, security was on her like white on rice and pulled her away.

No prob
Yeah this has been my experience also. It's "intense" if you're not used to that but it fornthe most part isn't as violent as the media will make it out to be. I take the train down there and ride with mainly Eagles fans and it's just everything you said.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m sure that most times you’ll be fine. Philly is an awesome place with lots to see and do. Historical stuff, bars and restaurants, etc.—you can really have a great time. But why take a chance? People are meaner and more confrontational, so protect yourself. Travel in groups, don’t dress like Rowdy, and keep it low key.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You can not defend a fan base that boos a guy laying on the turf with a career-ending back injury. All class.
It's quite easy actually because that junk isn't every fan but people love stereotyping and generalizing anything they aren't a part of.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m sure that most times you’ll be fine. Philly is an awesome place with lots to see and do. Historical stuff, bars and restaurants, etc.—you can really have a great time. But why take a chance? People are meaner and more confrontational, so protect yourself. Travel in groups, don’t dress like Rowdy, and keep it low key.
You don't need to travel in packs like this is gangs of NY. Like you said that guy will be okay but I agree the NE in general is more confrontational esp in the cheaper seats.

lukin2006

Reaction score

That's a problem. I should be able to attend a game and not have to ask myself, "is it a good idea to go to the washroom". :lmao::lmao::lmao: