Audio: Martellus Bennett on Irvin Show - 11/17/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Bennett on Irvin Show
---------------------------------

Bennett talks about the big catch. He also says Choice is getting guys pumped up with his pregame speeches.

In case you never saw Choice's famous speech from Ga. Tech...

[youtube]jAOkxgvboPk[/youtube]
-------------------------------

'It's my everything or nothing!'

Gives you chills.

I did like him also saying that T.O. is in that mix of guys working the locker room.

Pretty funny when he said Romo said he should get ready, then Bennett says I am ready and Romo fires back 'You don't look ready'.

I don't think Bennett ever looks ready, but he has made some plays this year so he must be doing something right.

And lastly, the kid is from another planet, lol.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Haha, what's funny is that what he did with Romo (looking active when Romo was looking and stopping when he turned away) is just like the stuff he was doing during training camp that they got on Hard Knocks, back then he was a knucklehead... now he's got a big TD and it's funny.

And of course, seems like Wade gave another great speech to the team. Wow.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
You have to love that Choice speach! I love having a man like that on my team. I'd love to see more of him

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2426683 said:
You have to love that Choice speach! I love having a man like that on my team. I'd love to see more of him

almost worth drafting him, and keeping him on the 48 just for that.....he doesn't stink carrying the rock either

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2426632 said:
Haha, what's funny is that what he did with Romo (looking active when Romo was looking and stopping when he turned away) is just like the stuff he was doing during training camp that they got on Hard Knocks, back then he was a knucklehead... now he's got a big TD and it's funny.

Yeah, Wade can't win even when the team wins.

Who comes in after that kind of win and is at a loss for words?

Sad that this is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

And even more sad is that it's not a reporter making this stuff up, its one of his players letting us know.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
wow I had never seen that speech from Tashard Choice before

that was really great

isawoj

Reaction score
[youtube]-Nnstylh2g8[/youtube]
Not sure how to embed the youtube video, but the above link is to the same Choice speech, but with text explaining the situation. IMHO, the text adds quite a bit of context to the speech.

khiladi

Reaction score
Seriously, how can Choice not get carries when he speaks like that?

Not only can he carry the rock, he plays all-out on special teams. He is one of the bright spots.

Franchise3384

Reaction score
They should have that music playing in the backround when he's giving his speeches in the locker room..lol.. I can see it now.. T.O. shedding a tear.. "That's my runnin back" :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
...so I guess you guys stopped listening when Martellus said Wade told the team that he was proud of them and to keep working hard?

Boy, I learn something new every day. I never knew that NFL coaches REALLY earn their money through post-game speeches to the team after a win.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
TheCount;2426632 said:

'Tis the nature of professional sports. Act like a weirdo before you're proven, and you're aloof, a questionable character, uncoachable, etc. Act like a weirdo once you're proven, and you're more or less seen as a character.

Also, to be fair to Martellus, I'm not sure I've seen anything during any game that would suggest his poor body language has actually translated to poor practice habits, poor preparation or poor attitude. His training camp seemed questionable early, but I don't think there's been any evidence since that his body language is reason for alarm.

arglebargle

Reaction score
I think Choice will be a real locker room sparkplug when he's no longer a rookie and has some NFL experiance. There was some nice bits in there about who's pumping the team up for game days. Bennett may come across as a little goofy sometimes, but I am getting to like him more and more. And he's blocking well and catching well, no matter what he may look like.

If Bennett takes the next step and we can line him and Witten up in two TE formations.....Wow.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2427422 said:
...so I guess you guys stopped listening when Martellus said Wade told the team that he was proud of them and to keep working hard?

Boy, I learn something new every day. I never knew that NFL coaches REALLY earn their money through post-game speeches to the team after a win.

So it's normal that the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys comes into the locker room after beating the Skins in DC to basically save the season and one of his players throws it out that he seemed to be at a loss for words when talking to the team?

LOL. If you told me Wade was popping Ritalin like candy then maybe, but if he's not then I am somewhat amused, bewildered and then disgusted.

Nav22

Reaction score
Here's what Bennett said.

"He really couldn't say much, it was a loss for words. So he just told us that he's proud of us, that we deserved that win, and to continue to work hard."

The nerve!!!

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
LOL, Martellus cracks me up.

"It felt the same for me, I play intense every game."

Smith22

Reaction score
I love that speech every time I hear it. That is the emotion this game is meant to be played with. Play every play like it's your last! You never know.