Audio: Norm no fan of the 'Homer' - 11/6/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Norm no fan of the 'Homer'
------------------------------------

I agree, be honest about this football team.

It's not just that Romo was missing.

And we don't go 7-0 just because he's back.

Hard work, detailed preparation and execution could be the reason why we go 7-0.

juck

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2405968 said:

I agree, be honest about this football team.

It's not just that Romo was missing.

And we don't go 7-0 just because he's back.

Hard work, detailed preparation and execution could be the reason why we go 7-0.

norm lives off of giving an opinion opposite of the general consensus.hes tired.

Ren

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2405968 said:

I don't think Wade and his crew even knows what those 3 things are

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Exactly, it was:

Tony Romo
Terence Newman
Kyle Kozier
Felix Jones
Anthony Spencer
Patrick Watkins
Pacman Jones
Flozell Adams (broken hand/bad shoulder)

Kyle Kozier will make Adams and Gurode better players. He is under-valued. Now, we know after watching Cory Proctor getting schooled.

When Kozier played against the Packers, the offensive line dominated. When he left, you have seen the results.

You need to get healthy, too.

Nexx

Reaction score
41gy#;2406014 said:
Exactly, it was:

Tony Romo
Terence Newman
Kyle Kozier
Felix Jones
Anthony Spencer
Patrick Watkins
Pacman Jones

Kyle Kozier will make Adams and Gurode better players. He is under-valued. Now, we know after watching Cory Proctor getting schooled.

When Kozier played against the Packers, the offensive line dominated. When he left, you have seen the results.

This the sam Kosier that many called out the last few years as the weak link of the O-line? :confused:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2406014 said:
Exactly, it was:

Tony Romo
Terence Newman
Kyle Kozier
Felix Jones
Anthony Spencer
Patrick Watkins
Pacman Jones

Every team has injuries bro. The backups get paid too.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2405970 said:
norm lives off of giving an opinion opposite of the general consensus.hes tired.

So are you agreeing with the caller then that this team was playing well before Romo went down?

Or do you agree with Norm, but in general you are just not a fan of his?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
What's Norm's Point here?

Is he saying there aren't better with Romo?

He's an idiot.

What's wrong with this team is that's it's missing too many off it's good players.

That problem is corrected in time for Wash.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2406091 said:
So the team was playing well before Romo went down?
The team was playing "okay" like the caller said. We were 4-2 with Romo, like he said, and 1-2 with Brad Johnson. What's hard to see about that?

And it does kill a team to have its QB turn the ball over inside its own territory time after time after time, like the caller said.

What Norm apparently didn't get was that the guy didn't claim we were a perfect team with Romo, or that we'd win every game with him, or that we'd never commit another penalty. He just said Romo made a huge difference vs. Brad Johnson, with whom we literally didn't have a chance.

And he's right about that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And you know I have a hard time saying this team was 4-2. Didn't Romo get hurt in OT in Arizona? I think a healthy Romo would've won that game. And oh yeah.....

Mike>>>>>Norm

Norm's act is getting old.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2406078 said:

He's an idiot.

What's wrong with this team is that's it's missing too many off it's good players.

That is the only problem?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2406120 said:
The team was playing "okay" like the caller said. We were 4-2 with Romo, like he said, and 1-2 with Brad Johnson. What's hard to see about that?

And it does kill a team to have its QB turn the ball over inside its own territory time after time after time, like the caller said.

What Norm apparently didn't get was that the guy didn't claim we were a perfect team with Romo, or that we'd win every game with him, or that we'd never commit another penalty. He just said Romo made a huge difference vs. Brad Johnson, with whom we literally didn't have a chance.

And he's right about that.

Getting pushed around at home to Skins, barely scraping by the Bengals and then watching Romo get knocked from here to kingdom come against the Cardinals is 'playing ok'?

For you it is.

For me it isn't even 'so-so' or 'average'.

It's disappointing.

I agree with Norm. People have completely lowered their expectations.

Ren

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2406078 said:

He's an idiot.

what about the 10+ penalties every game, the poor tackling, giving up when things don't go their way, O line and D line? all this going to be corrected too?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;2406125 said:
And you know I have a hard time saying this team was 4-2. Didn't Romo get hurt in OT in Arizona? I think a healthy Romo would've won that game. And oh yeah.....

Mike>>>>>Norm

Norm's act is getting old.

LOL. He got hurt in the first minute of OT. The Cardinals were playing like doo doo. The only reason they were even in the game is because Romo was getting pounded and the special teams gave up a big score.

MBIII gave us a miracle. That's the only reason were even able to get them into OT.

And yeah a healthy Romo probably does take us down for a game winning FG.

That's the point. The O line/FB were playing so poorly the kid couldn't avoid an injury. He didn't just hurt himself because he wanted to ya know.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2406126 said:
That is the only problem?

Injuries are the main problem. We need our people back to have a chance. Now do the boneheaded penalties need to cease? Absolutely. Do we need better effort from the defense? Without a doubt. I just don't see a reason to throw in the towel when we do have some of our best players coming back and we've added a new dimension at wide receiver that opponents must contend with. Execution and consistency are the keys. Getting our talent back will help in both of those areas.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sorry, no offense to anyone who likes him, but Norm is an idiot. He just seems like one of those guys who likes to say whatever he thinks will get a rise, one way or another, out of people. Everytime I've ever listened to him he seemed like he was really stupid when it comes to football.