Audio of Jerry Jones' show on WOAI today

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
His comments are getting alot of negative media... I wonder why he is not in full damage control mode? Hes hardly has done an interview after his comments...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2477311 said:
recap?? Any goodies??

Pleased with Choice.

Admits what he said about Barber came out wrong
He thought you would have to shoot him to keep him off the field.
Surprised he wasn't playing.

Romo - Tough circumstances to play in

Thinks the Giants and Steelers are equal

Giants are better on offense.

Big game Sunday (no duh)

Tie Breaker with Tampa
He wishes we have the same record as Tampa, root for Atlanta.
Shouldn't hang our head over Sunday.

We have top players on offense.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2477311 said:
recap?? Any goodies??

Honestly, it's not that exciting. Tough loss, etc.

He did explain his Barber comments as basically that it came out wrong, because everyone knew how tough he was.

Oh, and he sounded hung over. :eek::

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
At this point in time I think Jerry is just about as beaten as all of us.

He's a diehard fan just like me and you.

The man loves this team and seeing them flop around in crunch time is killing him just like it kills us.

Now this doesn't excuse him for shooting his mouth off when he should be shutting up though.

But he is who he is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477350 said:

The man loves this team and seeing them flop around in crunch time is killing him just like it kills us.

Now this doesn't excuse him for shooting his mouth off when he should be shutting up though.

But he is who he is.

He is who he is. Owner and GM he paid big money to say what he wants. :laugh2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I just heard the last 25 seconds of the interview.

I think it's sad that we are now a team that is trying to find something positive out of moral victories by saying we played them tough.

We had the ****ing game won and we choked.

Why can't we just be real about it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477356 said:

I think it's sad that we are now a team that is trying to find something positive out of moral victories by saying we played them tough.

True, we lost a game we had won. Cowboys made to many mistakes through out the game and very costly ones at the end of the game. I do think you build off the positives and try and correct the negitives if that is trying to find moral victory then so be it. To say the entire play of the team was bad would not be a true statement but none the less we lost

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477356 said:

And get every one upset? This is no place for being real.;)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477350 said:

But he is who he is.

Must be nice to be perfect like you and never have anything come out wrong...

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2477389 said:
Must be nice to be perfect like you and never have anything come out wrong...

Must be nice to just sit back and think everything is alright by spinning a positive note on everything like you and Wade Phillips.

I like a little reality once in a while.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477397 said:
Must be nice to just sit back and think everything is alright by spinning a positive note on everything like you and Wade Phillips.

I like a little reality once in a while.

Your "reality" is just guessing from the recliner, just like me. It's not real, just more negative whining.

ValleyBoyz

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477356 said:

I agree that it makes us look like an inferior team to be talking about moral victories against a one dimensional Steelers team.

However, I think that when you put the loss in prospective you can take the defense's performance as a positive, (playing w/ bad field position all day keep in mind).

And really it wasn't as if the Steelers imposed their will on us and won the game due to their "greatness" as a team. Combine all the fluke plays like the fg knocking in off the upright, terrible punt bouncing off our player directly into the hands of one of their players while we have a terrible punt that bounces directly to their returner resulting in a huge return and great field position etc.

Nevermind the other countless turnovers and missed opportunities to put it away (roy in the back of the end zone). Bottom line is we gave away the game more than Pitt won it. Thats pretty much the only positive/silver lining I can see.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
ValleyBoyz;2477435 said:
I agree that it makes us look like an inferior team to be talking about moral victories against a one dimensional Steelers team.

However, I think that when you put the loss in prospective you can take the defense's performance as a positive, (playing w/ bad field position all day keep in mind).

And really it wasn't as if the Steelers imposed their will on us and won the game due to their "greatness" as a team. Combine all the fluke plays like the fg knocking in off the upright, terrible punt bouncing off our player directly into the hands of one of their players while we have a terrible punt that bounces directly to their returner resulting in a huge return and great field position etc.

Nevermind the other countless turnovers and missed opportunities to put it away (roy in the back of the end zone). Bottom line is we gave away the game more than Pitt won it. Thats pretty much the only positive/silver lining I can see.

OK, if you want to see us giving a 'must win' game away in December to a really good football team as a positive then so be it.

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2477402 said:
Your "reality" is just guessing from the recliner, just like me. It's not real, just more negative whining.

You don't even make any sense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477466 said:
OK, if you want to see us giving a 'must win' game away in December to a really good football team as a positive then so be it.

Remember in '05 when we had "moral" victories against @Seattle, AFC Powerhouse Broncos, and @NFCE Champs Giants.

Was that nearly enough to get us into the playoffs?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2477466 said:

Oh was that a "must win" game?

Is Dallas out of the playoffs olr did their standing improve?