Audio: Pearson and Randy White on Irvin (great listen) - 11/7/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Pearson and Randy White on Irvin
----------------------------------------------

These guys know the deal. I love listening to them because when they say I know it's the right path to take.

This team needs to find a few guys with the character of guys like Drew Pearson and Randy White over the next seven weeks.

Landry and Wade should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.

One is a God and one is a doofus.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
the link does work, i just tried it

and yesssssssss that is what is needed on this team, even micheal irvin agreed with drew pearson and randy white when he said, a great coach makes it uncomfortable in practice for players, till they would rather play in a game and not in a hard practice,

just like randy said landy would never give players 3 days off, or like the arizona game after they lost, good ole wade gave the players monday and tuesday off,

thats a bunch of you know what, and this is why this team is soft

i am beginning to believe what jay glazer said now about good ole wade not attending any defensive meetings, and he only came into that meeting, to tell the team he wasnt going to be the defensive coordinator, but only just help

i think good ole wade, when he gives some of these so called days off, he gets a day off too, or at least half a day,

say like in the arizona game after the loss, wade gave the cowboys monday and tuesday off;

i am beginning to believe that good ole wade took one of those days off too or one of those afternoons off,

and thats how he runs this team and why they are soft

again, just like randy said, when some of the players came to randy and had him tell landry your practices were too hard, etc, landry said is that all; the practices didnt change if anything they probably got harder, because randy white said when the players didnt complain, then landry thought, well it must be too soft on them, and mentally they wont be ready to play in a tough game, its my job to get them ready physically and mentally

so he had practices harder when need be, but he sure didnt give them days off like good ole wade does;

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
then when you (wades)come out and say everything is going to be ok, etc,

My answer to that is, just like when the germans asked a american general in battle of the bulge, to surrender, the general said;

NUTS!

yimyammer

Reaction score
Man, I love those guys, but this just depresses me even more because I know Wade is never gonna change and Jerry says the team wore out at the end of the year under Parcells, so he doesn't believe practices should be hard either.

It seems to me that the staff has taken the approach to rest the players by not working them very hard in practice because they think they'll be fresher and more competitive for the stretch run.

For me, doofus Wade and undermining Jerry have just about sapped all the hope & joy out of watching & rooting for this team (yet I wont stop torchering myself and won't miss a game).

Still hoping for a miracle, but I just don't see how this team is going to suddenly get it together during their final 7 brutal games.

Wood

Reaction score
I belive they are talking about leadership...something half this board thinks is overrated :banghead:

dfense

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2407610 said:
Pearson and Randy White on Irvin
----------------------------------------------

These guys know the deal. I love listening to them because when they say I know it's the right path to take.

This team needs to find a few guys with the character of guys like Drew Pearson and Randy White over the next seven weeks.

Landry and Wade should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.

One is a God and one is a doofus.
"Landry and Wade should not even be mentioned in the same sentence." Sounds like you missed the jist of what they just said. Don't listen to armchair guys like us....

Landry sucked for years before he found that winning formula.

Wade is 18-7 in a division where 10-6 might not even get you in. Just because he doesn't own a room like Parcell's did, doesn't say crap about his coaching ability. I'll judge him at the end of the year.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wow, did anyone listen to what Randy said? Landry always said to start fast because you will hit a lull at some point, things won't go perfect, and you'll lose some games. You just want to get to the halfway point and have a chance to make a run for the playoffs.

Both he and Drew said it wasn't time to panic or throw in the towel.

And nobody today runs camps and practice as hard as Landry did. It was just a different time with no salary cap, no huge-contract players, and most of all no free agency.

And it's already been established that Mike Holmgren -- like Zorny the Genius of today -- gave his team an entire bye week off.

And BTW... This team doesn't have a single player on it half as good as Randy White. He was the freakin' MAN.

kramskoi

Reaction score
yimyammer;2407682 said:
Man, I love those guys, but this just depresses me even more because I know Wade is never gonna change and Jerry says the team wore out at the end of the year under Parcells, so he doesn't believe practices should be hard either.

It seems to me that the staff has taken the approach to rest the players by not working them very hard in practice because they think they'll be fresher and more competitive for the stretch run.

For me, doofus Wade and undermining Jerry have just about sapped all the hope & joy out of watching & rooting for this team (yet I wont stop torchering myself and won't miss a game).

Still hoping for a miracle, but I just don't see how this team is going to suddenly get it together during their final 7 brutal games.

Interesting...i watched Mike Tomlin's Steelers against Washington and i have to say i was impressed watching that defense. He must have put those guys threw the mulcher after losing the way they did against New York a week earlier. Cowher had a similar way of forging a tough, hard-nosed and persistent football team.

Phillips is what he is, and whatever he lacks as a coach will have to be compensated for by the players. While Switzer inherited a team that was hardened by previous postseason battles, Wade does'nt have that luxury and he has'nt adjusted the "fundamental" demeanor of this team through training camp, practices or team meetings.

He has no place to hide now. Either the players will step up and save him or they'll pack it in and await new leadership. Jones has hedged his bet on the season with the signing of Roy Williams. If Romo stays healthy to the end, defense be damned, Jones will expect this team to run deep into the playoffs. Otherwise...there could be hell to pay.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
dfense;2407692 said:
"Landry and Wade should not even be mentioned in the same sentence." Sounds like you missed the jist of what they just said. Don't listen to armchair guys like us....

Wade is 18-7 in a division where 10-6 might not even get you in. Just because he doesn't own a room like Parcell's did, doesn't say crap about his coaching ability. I'll judge him at the end of the year.

Forget the interview.

Landry and Wade don't belong in the same sentence.

And why are you only counting what Wade has done as a coach with his results as the Cowboys head coach?

The man is 0-5 in the playoffs. That says a lot. He should have been able to come up with a win in at least one of those games just by the law of averages.

Landry sucked for years? Landry took over a brand new franchise. He was a genius and innovator as a defensive coordinator with the Giants. 'Flex Defense' ring a bell?

Then once the franchise got their bearings the man was pretty freaking good over his 29 years as the Dallas Cowboys head coach!

Wait a minute...

Am I am actually semi-arguing the point of Wade vs Landry?

Someone please take me back to Earth.

:laugh2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dfense;2407692 said:

Landry took over an expansion team. Sorry, did you expect he'd have them in the superbowl after 2 seasons?

:rolleyes:

jem88

Reaction score
Randy White = best defensive lineman I've ever seen.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
jem88;2408351 said:
Randy White = best defensive lineman I've ever seen.

The man just wanted it more than anyone else.

And the interesting part is that he was drafted to be a LB.

[youtube]rd22keHlqhQ[/youtube]

[youtube]2rG6CQg2o1E[/youtube]

[youtube]8aSTzOSBRy4[/youtube]