Awuzie placed on IR; What's Going On with Robinson?

Eanwen

Reaction score
I didn't see any thread about Awuzie. I don't know how serious his injury is, I just know he's on IR now.

I think I also read they signed some FA db. I'm curious what this means for Robinson. I was really hoping he would be good enough to be a starter at cb next year, but apparently they moved him to safety. That in itself isn't really bad, except Thompson is a starter, Worley is playing a bit of safety (in obvious passing downs? don't remember), and we brought in Carr to play safety. Doesn't sound like the coaches have any confidence in him to play any db position right now, even if just for a few plays. Maybe that will change as the season progresses but it doesn't look good right now.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Robinson has been playing S. Worley starts. Diggs begins a long run as CB 1. Hopefully Lewis bounces back from a bad game. If not he's getting pulled for Carr.

Lewis is not a good player. I don't see why people think he has something special in him. He was burned to a pulp by Buffalo last year. And he had a terrible game against Atlanta.

He is just too short and too slow to be a full-time corner in the NFL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see any thread about Awuzie. I don't know how serious his injury is, I just know he's on IR now.

I think I also read they signed some FA db. I'm curious what this means for Robinson. I was really hoping he would be good enough to be a starter at cb next year, but apparently they moved him to safety. That in itself isn't really bad, except Thompson is a starter, Worley is playing a bit of safety (in obvious passing downs? don't remember), and we brought in Carr to play safety. Doesn't sound like the coaches have any confidence in him to play any db position right now, even if just for a few plays. Maybe that will change as the season progresses but it doesn't look good right now.

MM first said Awuzie's injury is a few weeks type of injury. But to err on caution side, they put him on IR, to return in 3 weeks.

Mr_437

Reaction score

They moved up 2 CBs, and let's see who is active for the game. Now Cowboys have 2 big CBs who are former WRs.

When ppl we're saying Reggie needed a redshirt year it was legit. The secondary needs guys on the 53 playing...how long will they keep him around? Could he make the practice squad?

Lewis
Worley
Carr
Goodwin
Smith
Burton

Out of these 6 CBs they have to have, at least, 2 dependable CBs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I thought Robinson was a ST ace type player. That's what I read when we drafted him at least.

I never understood the pick to begin with....I don't believe you draft a player that high....with the intent to move him to another position immediately. He was a CB in college.....why move him to a spot he's never played? Sounds like your undermining the player before he's even set foot on the field.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Lewis is not a good player. I don't see why people think he has something special in him. He was burned to a pulp by Buffalo last year. And he had a terrible game against Atlanta.

He is just too short and too slow to be a full-time corner in the NFL.
Weird, did the coaches who work with him every day turn out to have a more accurate appraisal of his talent than message board experts?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never understood the pick to begin with....I don't believe you draft a player that high....with the intent to move him to another position immediately. He was a CB in college.....why move him to a spot he's never played? Sounds like your undermining the player before he's even set foot on the field.
They'd never draft a CB and move him immediately to safety....would they, Byron?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Remember how many fans spent all of last year whining about Trysten Hill and remember how many threads/posts were calling to "cut him now" ?

This season Hill is starting and playing well...

Some rookies are just not ready for the NFL.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember how many fans spent all of last year whining about Trysten Hill and remember how many threads/posts were calling to "cut him now" ?

This season Hill is starting and playing well...

Some rookies are just not ready for the NFL.
Crazy how that works

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Weird, did the coaches who work with him every day turn out to have a more accurate appraisal of his talent than message board experts?

He is overhyped. As terrible our CBs our why hasn't he earned a starting spot after all these years?

Winning the spot due to injury is not good. He is a fulltime back and that's it.