Twitter: B/R Dallas trade proposal

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure about this.......

E9qsCp3XIAIcJI2

I don’t even want the wide receiver just give me Gilmore. I put Noah Brown in place of Gallup

Aftershock

Reaction score
an aging corner and a bum wr for our 2nd best WR that could be a bonafide #1 wr on other teams....

DanA

Reaction score
It makes no sense.

We have about 5m in cap space at the moment which puts us in a healthy position to make a modest trade or replace a key injured player. But trading for Gilmore would cost us 16m in 2021 so we'd then have to restructure either Amari Cooper or DLaw.

Down the road that puts us in a tough cap position, especially with the COVID reduced salary cap in 2022. We'd be looking at 20m a year for a long-term contract that Gilmore would want and it likely means we end up losing realistic chances of re-sign one of our own good players like Gregory. The only way we would be in the market for a corner would be if it's a guy in his 3rd year of his rookie contract or a guy in his 4th with a 5th year option.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
A trade like this might work, as long as you turn the salary cap option off.

:facepalm:
I wouldn’t make that trade even without a cap
I think we are in solid shape at CB, don’t want the WR and wouldn’t give up the pick
Besides the fact Gilmore isn’t healthy and wants even more money

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t even want the wide receiver just give me Gilmore. I put Noah Brown in place of Gallup
Great trade
A player on PUP who wants a new, big contract for a guy who is a very good player
Not to mention a second round pick
Thankfully Jerry will pass

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Gallup should be fetching draft capital not losing it. The problem I have with this trade is after 1 year the Cowboys end up losing a 2nd round pick with basically nothing in return. Harry looks like a bust at the moment, we'll see if he can turn it around in year 3.

I'm not totally opposed to trading Gallup but would have to be something more substantial. If someone came calling with a 1st round pick it would be an easier decision. If it was a 2nd have to consider it. But to lose draft capital on an aging 1 year rental and losing a critical pick with starters to replace just doesn't make sense.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Great trade
A player on PUP who wants a new, big contract for a guy who is a very good player
Not to mention a second round pick
Thankfully Jerry will pass
I didn’t realize he was on PUP

Creeper

Reaction score
We have to remember Gallup's trade value is diminished by the fact he will be a free agent after this year. That means whatever team takes him in a trade may only get him for 1 year or be on the hook for a huge financial commitment.

Having said that. I would not do this deal. I would take the chance and see what happens in 2021 even if it means losing Gallup to free agency next season. I do believe WRs are not that hard to find in the draft. Colleges are playing more pro-style offenses and consequently producing more quality receivers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Gilmore have a so-so year last year? Harry is a bust and that is the reason why NE would part with him.

I want to see what kind of a year Gallup has in 2021. In 2022, the Cowboys need to make a decision if they want to keep Cooper or Gallup.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depending on the contract situations Gallup for Gilmore straight up would be reasonable. Us throwing in a 2nd rounder with them throwing in a lower level WR kills the deal.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
definitely Wilson not sure what whirlwin is smoking..Cwill is a better wr has big plays skills.
Why should I be smoking anything. I happen to like Noah brown. But I also like Wilson he’s had a great camp. I would like to see Brown Succeed,I think he works really hard

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why should I be smoking anything. I happen to like Noah brown. But I also like Wilson he’s had a great camp. I would like to see Brown Succeed,I think he works really hard
Wilsons is by far the better wr, NB is possession guy does dirty work we need big play guy with skillz that can better replace Gallup, thats Cedrick Wilson..

no way NB can replace Gallup is why you must be smoking that wacky stuff, maybe you varnished cabinets without proper indoor ventilation who knows..lol

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wilsons is by far the better wr, NB is possession guy does dirty work we need big play guy with skillz that can better replace Gallup, thats Cedrick Wilson..

no way NB can replace Gallup is why you must be smoking that wacky stuff, maybe you varnished cabinets without proper indoor ventilation who knows..lol
I didn’t mean to say I thought he could replace Gallup. I just meant to say he could Take his place if we traded Gallup. Which I’m not a fan of

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Always an insult. I look forward to them