Twitter: Back Judge Doesn't Spot The Ball Bucs/Rams Game

MarcusRock

Reaction score
that’s a damn good question…..the guy shows up late to the action and feels the need to re-spot a ball in which he has no earthly idea where it should be…..he had a rear view of the play and was the one person who couldn’t have known the true location……again, not an excuse for the team.

criticizing the teams performance and questioning the refs conduct on one particular play are not mutually exclusive

Check the video.

I estimated Dak down at the 26 per this video. If the ref was doing his job correctly, he should have spotted the ball backwards 2 more yards from where the Cowboys spotted it themselves which would have used clock anyways when everyone had to back up. In the video, you even see the Line Judge at the top of the screen on the sideline at 0:10, showing the spot to be on the other side of the 25 and then hops forward 1+ yard after the spotting official puts it at about the 24 to try to hurry things along. There's the concrete evidence. They tried helping us but Dak needed to go down around the 30 to account for all that could happen.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can’t believe this stupid play is still being discussed like we got screwed. We screwed our selves. This is the most ridiculous, cry-baby culture and fandom and all about nothing,
You're the one who is crying. This play is legit and on video, hence why so many are justifiably upset.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm done with these threads.

Dallas had 59 minutes and 46 seconds to not be in that situation. They trailed the entire game and lost.
Also doesn't mean they score on the last play either.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
You're the one who is crying. This play is legit and on video, hence why so many are justifiably upset.

It’s not legit. No one on this board watches every football game or sees every 2 minute drill to see how fast or far a ref is getting to a ball. Y’all are whining like my kids on one example. Almost every legit NFL evaluation of this has concentrated on 2 things…1) Dak should have given them the ball and 2) they blocked the guy. Also you can practice this all you want but no game is run like a machine and perfect so it’s your fault if you have that much time and put your fate in the hands of everyone being perfect. It was a dumb play and guaranteed us nothing. Just a bunch of whiners crying about how a lineman hit your precious QB so it’s not his fault or this. Your schtick is horrible Tad.

Last edited:

Miller

Reaction score
Check the video.

I estimated Dak down at the 26 per this video. If the ref was doing his job correctly, he should have spotted the ball backwards 2 more yards from where the Cowboys spotted it themselves which would have used clock anyways when everyone had to back up. In the video, you even see the Line Judge at the top of the screen on the sideline at 0:10, showing the spot to be on the other side of the 25 and then hops forward 1+ yard after the spotting official puts it at about the 24 to try to hurry things along. There's the concrete evidence. They tried helping us but Dak needed to go down around the 30 to account for all that could happen.

Thanks but they will whine about that too

khiladi

Reaction score
that’s a damn good question…..the guy shows up late to the action and feels the need to re-spot a ball in which he has no earthly idea where it should be…..he had a rear view of the play and was the one person who couldn’t have known the true location……again, not an excuse for the team.

criticizing the teams performance and questioning the refs conduct on one particular play are not mutually exclusive

Exactly…. Everybody knows how much I can’t stand Dak. I originally blamed it on him, but after watching the film and reading @DOUBLE WING post that had the GIF of the Rams-Cowboys game in the past and Romo himself confirming the ref has only to touch the ball, the ref completely botched it.

Reality is, we are seeing it over and over again the ref just touches the ball like Dak said in the PC. He did what he was supposed to do, but the ref else is to plow into Dak and the C and then repot the ball twice after running from like 25 yards away and not in any position to determine what was an accurate spot.

In fact, his original spot was more accurate and if he went by that, the Cowboys could have gotten the snap off still

Dallas was owed a final play, irrespective of Dak threw it into the stands…

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s not legit. No one on this board watches every football game or sees every 2 minute drill to see how fast or far a ref is getting to a ball. Y’all are whining like my kids on one example. Almost every legit NFL evaluation of this has concentrated on 2 things…1) Dak should have given them the ball and 2) they blocked the guy. Also you can practice this all you want but no game is run like a machine and perfect so it’s your fault if you have that much time and put your fate in the hands of everyone being perfect. It was a dumb play and guaranteed us nothing. Just a bunch of whiners crying about how a lineman hit your precious QB so it’s not his fault or this. Your schtick is horrible Tad.
He's your QB, too. Quit being a backstabbing tool who sounds so ungrateful, childish and foolish. 51 years old? Act like it.

Miller

Reaction score
He's your QB, too. Quit being a backstabbing tool who sounds so ungrateful, childish and foolish. 51 years old? Act like it.

What are you talking about? I’m the adult. I acknowledge objective things that happen and don’t spend my days making excuses about weak things. One night your posting pics saying Dak was jostled by a rush on a throw so not his fault. The next your conspiracy is ref gate. The adult reality is we have been dealing with this for 26 years. We have 4 playoff wins. We are 1 of 5 loser teams to not make a CCG. So yeah hearing about a horribly run play that didn’t work out or a QB playing a mediocre game Is whining to me. Starting with Jerry down to coaches snd players we aren’t good enough. I’m just a realist. Do I think Dak can play great. Yes. Do I think he’s worth 40 mil and plays great against tough teams. No. Do I think NFL refs suck as a whole? Yes. Do I think they have a vendetta and blew a play for us? No. Just realistic. I spent 20 years..75-95…cheering the dream. The next 25, dealing with this. Just bad ball. And I turn 52 in a few weeks..so get off my lawn :)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I’m the adult. I acknowledge objective things that happen and don’t spend my days making excuses about weak things. One night your posting pics saying Dak was jostled by a rush on a throw so not his fault. The next your conspiracy is ref gate. The adult reality is we have been dealing with this for 26 years. We have 4 playoff wins. We are 1 of 5 loser teams to not make a CCG. So yeah hearing about a horribly run play that didn’t work out or a QB playing a mediocre game Is whining to me. Starting with Jerry down to coaches snd players we aren’t good enough. I’m just a realist. Do I think Dak can play great. Yes. Do I think he’s worth 40 mil and plays great against tough teams. No. Do I think NFL refs suck as a whole? Yes. Do I think they have a vendetta and blew a play for us? No. Just realistic
You were correct on everything except the refs. Some are biased and officiate as such.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Trust me it was a bs call. Unfortunately we sucked all game except the final minutes. The refs will always screw with us when the game matters most. It was our job not to be in that position.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
sure, that not the issue in our game

what it means is that ref ran got ahead of the play and it was longer then ours and properly on time set it without disrupting the players. The ref in our situation trailed the play by so long our fat linemen and dak beat them got set then here comes the slow needs to retire official to knock out players off the ball and then set it..that's was the issue not him needing to set it him being so lazy to get back was a bad look like he wanted the paly to go wrong.
come on blue ! lol
set it without disrupting the players..... the only way to do that is go around the end of the line and come back down between the lines lol.
by the time he does that time is gone.
The cowboys flubbed that by not letting him thru, and hand him the ball, then get set.
They didnt let him thru, and they acted like they had no idea he had to set it/ touch it.

Cowboys tried to run a play without knowing the rules, and it was just poor execution on their part.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
They didnt let him thru, and they acted like they had no idea he had to set it/ touch it.

That's the counterpoint exactly. First off they took extra yards with their spotting of the ball and the refs let it slide, and then they tried to just run a play without the ref. If people are going to ignore this and try to place all blame on the ref then maybe they're .... say it with me .... biased?

ragintd

Reaction score

The spotter on the sideline held the spot of the ball. All he had to do is see what yardline he was standing on. Needless to say blaz spotter the ball 2 or 3 yards ahead of where it should have been spotted. That is why they coach the players to give the ball to the closest ref.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's the counterpoint exactly. First off they took extra yards with their spotting of the ball and the refs let it slide, and then they tried to just run a play without the ref. If people are going to ignore this and try to place all blame on the ref then maybe they're .... say it with me .... biased?
maybe just stupid? ;) The bad thing is mike said they practiced this !!!!!!! :eek: o man what if they had not practiced it ??:eek::eek::eek:

I just made a thread with pics, and look at what pollard noah and shultz do on this play....nothing no attempt to block anyone lol.
there were just 2 guy by sideline, block those 2 and dak could run it out of bounds with 7-8 seconds left.

So running on that umbrella is actually a good idea, you just have to get it out of bounds and avoid the clocking crap.
that requires some blocking though, and apparently dallas doesnt practice that.o_O

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Hey stupid, why did the ref respot the ball after running from 25 yards back. How would he have any idea where it should be?