Bad day for the stat nerds

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For those of you who can’t comprehend what a good modern day defense looks like and you only look at numbers that have 0 context you must be struggling today to explain to yourself what you saw last night from our defense.

Buh buh but.. #29 pass defense.

Since Dak wasn’t there to hang 40 on them we didn’t get to see Kirk Cousins do a bunch of stat padding so the stat nerds can show us a number that is some kind of proof of how “terrible” our defense is.

The defense has been a strength all season and last night it was a strength yet again.

If you just looked at the box score you would think Cooper Rush operated like a really good NFL QB but if you actually watch the game you know that’s not the case.

Random thoughts::

Cedric Wilson is awesome.

Cooper is the man.

Lamb needs to fix the drops it’s annoying.

NFL refs stink.

Next 2 day should be interesting for La’el Collins with trade deadline coming.

Gregory was the best player on the field.

Parsons had a monster game and it still doesn’t compare to his impact as a pass rusher.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
For those of you who can’t comprehend what a good modern day defense looks like and you only look at numbers that have 0 context you must be struggling today to explain to yourself what you saw last night from our defense.

Since Dak wasn’t there to hang 40 on them we didn’t get to see Kirk Cousins do a bunch of stat padding so the stat nerds can show us a number that is some kind of proof of how “terrible” our defense is.

The defense has been a strength all season and last night it was a strength yet again.

If you just looked at the box score you would think Cooper Rush operated like a really good NFL QB but if you actually watch the game you know that’s not the case.

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

Parsons had a monster game and it still doesn’t compare to his impact as a pass rusher.
Nice post Catch. Need more of this from you.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

Agree on everything you said

cffl2323

Reaction score

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

Your "random thoughts" is a pretty good summary of how I feel after last night's game. Really hope we don't move Collins though, he'll be needed at some point.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

Good post catch. But I am curious about your Rush comment. I thought he played very competently given his lack of experience.

The stars did exactly what they are supposed to do....exactly what they do for Dak. Not sure what your beef is...can you explain?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Defense in my view will only get better as this season move forward. So many new faces coming together as the season progresses. Last night they had a big challenge of facing a balanced offense with a top RB and they shut Minn down. 1 of 13 on 3rd down, containing the run and harassing Cousins. Secondary was laying to big hits on WR.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Good post catch. But I am curious about your Rush comment. I thought he played very competently given his lack of experience.

The stars did exactly what they are supposed to do....exactly what they do for Dak. Not sure what your beef is...can you explain?

Rush did enough.

It would be interesting to see how much better he would be with more experience on the field but I’d rather some other team find out and we move on.

He just couldn’t generate points and if we got 2 scores behind that game was over.

He also freaks out and throws into heavy coverage too easy instead of just throwing it to his check down or out of bounds.

Im glad he won the game but all the guy did was run the offense. It was a bare minimum performance and it was enough.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

NERDS!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've also had to defend our defense. It's one of the most remarkable turnarounds in a single year I can remember. They are the real deal.

Some people will only look at stats but the problem is that a game like Philly where they are shut down nearly the entire game yet Hurts ends up with 400 yards passing makes it look like our defense was this terrible pass defense against them.

Watch the games and remember the context and stop just looking at a number.

Cooper Rush had 325 yards with 2 TDs and 1 int.. He did just as good as Dak could’ve right? /end sarcasm

Jenky

Reaction score

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

Time to trade Gallup for another piece on the defense and we're golden.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Time to trade Gallup for another piece on the defense and we're golden.

If I’m the Patriots I’m on the phone trying to get someone.

I don’t think Odell would have a market. Maybe the Packers.

Not sure about Michael Thomas.

Gallup and New England looks like a great fit but what could they give us. I want players not picks.

Scotman

Reaction score
Defense in my view will only get better as this season move forward. So many new faces coming together as the season progresses. Last night they had a big challenge of facing a balanced offense with a top RB and they shut Minn down. 1 of 13 on 3rd down, containing the run and harassing Cousins. Secondary was laying to big hits on WR.

I totally agree. This is a very young defense with players coming back soon. I am not exaggerating when I say that I think this could be a top ten or better defense come January.