Twitter: Baldy Breaks Down Sam Williams

nathanlt

Reaction score
Somehow, a Baldy Breakdown that is positive about the draft pick, makes me anticipate good things from the player. And Baldy didn't mention the cumulative effect of playing alongside Micah Parsons. It's going to be a jailbreak at times.

pansophy

Reaction score
There's a lot of people really high on Williams, he could be the best edge rusher in this draft once he builds more lower body strength and pass rush moves.
Speaks to how important it is to stack drafts together. Ideally we start to see some of our picks from last year develop into contributors. That happens then drafting for potential can work because the previous years picks start contributing in the current year. Have a bad draft and that model falls apart quickly.

Ken

Reaction score
Nice breakdown. I've been feeling a bit down on that pick, cause he's raw. Good reminder of what he's capable of
He's not that raw actually. He just has a few areas he has room to get better at.

I watched his whole game at alabama...tough matchup with Neal. Neal won, probably, but Sam was in a dumb defense for his talent.

What that 3-3-5 defense did show me, however, is that he is much better against the run than people think.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think what some folks discount the fact that Quinn worked this kid out. Right up in his face doing drills. My guess is that he has a good feel of what we have in the player. The off the field stuff is troubling. I just hope the kid realizes the opportunity he has. Don’t blow it.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Can't wait for Quinn to get his hands on this kid. He turned a LB int one of the most prolific pass rushers in the league last year. Anyone paying attention knows that that was never really the plan with Micah last year. Even in training camp, Parsons didn't get a whole lot of work off the edge (though he did work with D Ware on some technique). Getting his hands on this guy early and refining his technique could be huge. This guy is going to be better than Randy Gregory when it's all said and done. Book it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't wait for Quinn to get his hands on this kid. He turned a LB int one of the most prolific pass rushers in the league last year. Anyone paying attention knows that that was never really the plan with Micah last year. Even in training camp, Parsons didn't get a whole lot of work off the edge (though he did work with D Ware on some technique). Getting his hands on this guy early and refining his technique could be huge. This guy is going to be better than Randy Gregory when it's all said and done. Book it.

1) In Micah's introductory press conference they talked about him being their #1 rated pressure player in the draft and how he would be used that way. It was one of the main points of emphasis of the conference.

2) If Dan Quinn is this creator of pass rushers why did Dante Fowler leave the Rams after getting 11.5 sacks in 2019 to join Quinn in 2020 where he ended up with only 3?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1) In Micah's introductory press conference they talked about him being their #1 rated pressure player in the draft and how he would be used that way. It was one of the main points of emphasis of the conference.

2) If Dan Quinn is this creator of pass rushers why did Dante Fowler leave the Rams after getting 11.5 sacks in 2019 to join Quinn in 2020 where he ended up with only 3?
Dante Fowler only got 3 sacks on purpose just to give you fodder to complain about, Risen. :p:eek::D