Twitter: Baldy Breaks Down Sam Williams

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) In Micah's introductory press conference they talked about him being their #1 rated pressure player in the draft and how he would be used that way. It was one of the main points of emphasis of the conference.

2) If Dan Quinn is this creator of pass rushers why did Dante Fowler leave the Rams after getting 11.5 sacks in 2019 to join Quinn in 2020 where he ended up with only 3?

I think there’s a big difference between what ‘Dan Quinn - head coach’ can do with a defense - and front seven specifically - vs what ‘Dan Quinn - defensive coordinator’ can do with them. Quinn is right where he can do his best work, at the coordinator level.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think what some folks discount the fact that Quinn worked this kid out. Right up in his face doing drills. My guess is that he has a good feel of what we have in the player. The off the field stuff is troubling. I just hope the kid realizes the opportunity he has. Don’t blow it.

I hope so too. But I also factor in the ‘charges dropped’ designation in both cases. I have to consider the real possibility that someone got upset and spiteful and made claims that turned out to be untrue.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) In Micah's introductory press conference they talked about him being their #1 rated pressure player in the draft and how he would be used that way. It was one of the main points of emphasis of the conference.

2) If Dan Quinn is this creator of pass rushers why did Dante Fowler leave the Rams after getting 11.5 sacks in 2019 to join Quinn in 2020 where he ended up with only 3?
Fowler had 23 pressures in 2020...

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Fowler had 23 pressures in 2020...
Many people fail to realize that it was the covid yr and Quinn was fired after a few games. Point is, he didn't have much time to work with Fowler. He recruited him on the college level which led to him being a top pick and brought him to Atlanta. I think he could be a sneaky good signing.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Quinn IMO certainly has to be credited with some of the success of Parsons. Gregory had his best year under him as well. Armstrong seemed to look like a better player. Williams is a young kid with a lot of talent. Miracles I don’t expect. But I do expect he’ll get the best out of the kid.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
You can always find reps for a pass rusher. He was a great pick for us in R2.

De is one the most underrated picks in this draft when you consider the group of Edge rushers he's joining. You now can put together a pretty deadly nascar package with Parson, Tank, Diggy or Gallimore, Williams that right there is some serious heat coming after the QB.

erod

Reaction score
All comes down to behavior and availability.

I don't want to do Randy Gregory all over again.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think we've gone overboard with Dan Quinn and I'm just as uncomfortable with him having so much input on who we draft as I was with Rod Marinelli.

Wanting Nahshon Wright in the 3rd round should have disqualified him from any future draft decisions.
Honestly it makes me think Dan Quinn is the next head coach of the Cowboys if/when MM gets the axe. Well that and the huge contract, DQ removing himself from other opportunities, etc. They seem way more married to him than MM. It's Jason Garrett / Wade Phillips all over.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nice breakdown. I've been feeling a bit down on that pick, cause he's raw. Good reminder of what he's capable of
raw as compete nfl player but as a pure pass rusher, hes exceptional, has size, speed and instincts you cant teach to et to the qb. not like he played at smu or North Texas U..he was in the SEC

blueblood70

Reaction score
There's a lot of people really high on Williams, he could be the best edge rusher in this draft once he builds more lower body strength and pass rush moves.
LOL right that what this place and other said when we drafted parsons Oh my he missed a year, hes locker room disrupter, hes not worth a top 10-12 pick because hes just downhill type LB an etc etc what happened there? dude was a top 5 talent, heck in this draft hes better then walker could have went #1..

we shall soon found out who Williams is..