Barber played a SUPERB game

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Other than the Emmitt Smith series against the Giants where he played with his dislocated shoulder, I can't think of a better series by a Cowboys RB, in years, compared to that last series. I just don't think a Julius Jones type gets those 1st downs with the amount of contact Barber was getting. There were even some missed blocks on that 4th down play. How many touches did Barber have on that series? Everyone knew he was going to get the ball. Oline blocked well, but Barber had to fight for EVERY yard and he shed a bunch of tackles, getting an extra yard or 3 on numerous occassions, which gave him the chance to get 1st down by a half yard next carry!

Some things Barber did well, was protect the ball, get down to ground when yardage was gone, and stay in bounds. He played smart and strong!

Did everyone see Barber try to kill that tackler with the wild punch he threw late in game. It was in a huge pile of tacklers, but Barber swung hard, missing completely, just before going down. If he would have hit, it would have been something to see (although he's going to break all finger in that hand if he connects with a helmet). It was a HAYMAKER!

He had that one really nice play called back on penalty as well. That was a big game Barber put up there.

LarryCanadian

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2426485 said:
Other than the Emmitt Smith series against the Giants where he played with his dislocated shoulder, I can't think of a better series by a Cowboys RB, in years, compared to that last series. I just don't think a Julius Jones type gets those 1st downs with the amount of contact Barber was getting. There were even some missed blocks on that 4th down play. How many touches did Barber have on that series? Everyone knew he was going to get the ball. Oline blocked well, but Barber had to fight for EVERY yard and he shed a bunch of tackles, getting an extra yard or 3 on numerous occassions, which gave him the chance to get 1st down by a half yard next carry!

Some things Barber did well, was protect the ball, get down to ground when yardage was gone, and stay in bounds. He played smart and strong!

Did everyone see Barber try to kill that tackler with the wild punch he threw late in game. It was in a huge pile of tacklers, but Barber swung hard, missing completely, just before going down. If he would have hit, it would have been something to see (although he's going to break all finger in that hand if he connects with a helmet). It was a HAYMAKER!

He had that one really nice play called back on penalty as well. That was a big game Barber put up there.

LarryCanadian

Julius vs the Seahawks???

Doomsday101

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2426485 said:

LarryCanadian

I agree. Jones had the ability to break a long one but as a starting back he was not running consistently as Barber does. Barber seems to always know where the marker is and makes sure he has that before looking for something more. That is one main reason why I was all for Dallas going for it on 4th and 2 because I knew Barber would not try to turn the play into something big and end up losing yards he knew where the mark was and went after it.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
We had the ball with 6 minutes and 30 seconds left in game. Barber got the ball EVERY play that last drive and killed the entire clock. Wow. 6 minutes and 30 seconds and Washington had at least 1 timeout and 2 minute warning.

That could have been season saving drive there! Plus, that has to give our Oline some confidence back as they blocked well (Barber wasn't hit in backfield) with the other team fully knowing what was coming! That gives us momentum and other teams pause, because we showed we can run the ball again. With Felix back I'd like to see them both back there instead of TO reverses. Fake a pitch to Barber and give to Felix or vice-versa. The other teams will be dog tired trying to figure out who is getting it. Then that will set up TO for a nice long catch since it gives us more time to set up plays AND other teams can't just key on one player.

LarryCanadian

superpunk

Reaction score
Think back to what he did against Arizona, too, to get us to overtime.

The guy is a full blown stud.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2426507 said:
Julius vs the Seahawks???

Yeah, but the beauty of what Barber did last night lies in the fact that everyone in the stadium knew that he was going to be getting the ball on nearly every play of that drive...and he still ran it down their throats. It was a thing of beauty, something we haven't been able to do for years now.