Barry Church comparing Dallas D to Sacksonville

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah this defense ain't sacksonville.

That defense just wrecked guards and centers with Calais, Malik Jackson and Marcel Dareus. They also had two legit number 1 corners with Bouye and Ramsey.

We do have Dante Fowler on the roster though.

Well a player who was actually ON THAT TEAM says the defense is identical to him. I'll take his word over pessimistic cowboys armchair fan

T-RO

Reaction score
In 5-10 years I'll be telling someone,
"The '22 Dallas defensive end group was so deep that Sam Williams was 5th in line to get on the field."

They won't believe me.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
“defense is special, there is no drop off” Interpret that how you wish

He was talking about our DL pass rush rotation— there isn’t really a drop off from DLAW to DA and Williams, etc.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
In 5-10 years I'll be telling someone,
"The '22 Dallas defensive end group was so deep that Sam Williams was 5th in line to get on the field."

They won't believe me.

Kind of feel that way too. Really hope it amounts to something

cowboyed

Reaction score
Sacksonville, I am stunned by sophisticated play on words. What's next the Rushington Cowboys since the stadium is in Arlington.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Jaguars had average safeties but damned good corners.

We have better safeties than them, we had 1 corner better than one of them they had (Diggs better than Bouye, not Prime Ramsey).
They had by far better linebackers.

I think in a Vacuum their defense is better, but I think our offense being better will make our defense look better. That defense got cooked in the Steelers game. That steelers defense also made Bortles look like John Elway and Manning had a baby.

Jags in 2017 had Bouye, Calais Campbell, Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngogkue, Malik Jackson, Telvin Smith,
Whatever happened to Yannick? Nvm he’s still doing pretty well.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Probably should've went to the Super Bowl.

I remember watching the AFC championship game and being just in awe of how Brady can generate "clutch", game winning drives with PI flags.

Those were the prime years for patriots cheating. Who knows how many teams they screwed over, and how history of NFL over last 2 decades would have been different. F Brady, and F bellicheat for stealing from soany teams and players.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Didn’t Sacksonville take Blake Bortles to the AFC championship? Let’s slow down here. This defense looks good but it has proved nothing so far.

This defense blew a 14pt lead to a very weak Packers team as well. Great and special defenses don't do that.

This defense is very front running. When it's going all good, then they look awesome. Parsons and others are all over the place making places. But when it gets tight and crucial moments where we need a play, they come up short. See the Eagles and Packers game. Last year, we heard this same thing about the defense. And they ended up being the same exact defense that came up short in the playoffs. Soft against the run, no real pressure and allowing the opposing defense to jam the ball down their throats.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah SF had a 10 yard per play drive to open the playoffs last year . The rubber meets the road in these upcoming NFCE games in about a month and then the playoffs . Much different then the donut shops coming up.

Yep. Defense was terrible that game. Sure, 23pts isn't a ton but it's how they got it. Very long drives and controlling the game on the ground. SF OL bullied us. Parsons was nowhere to be found as well as DLaw. I think SF scored on every single drive in the 1st half aside from their throwaway end of half possession. I am not buying into this defense until they prove it in crucial moments. Which they never do.