Barry Switzer Net Worth

aria

Reaction score
Does it surprise anyone else that Barry is only worth 5 million? I figured taking the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and actually winning would be worth a lot more than that. Kind of a shame to see a guy who contributed to this teams legacy making pennies compared to a guy who won a few playoff games over a career 3-4x as long. Anyone know what he’s up to these days?

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/barry-switzer-net-worth/

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Does it surprise anyone else that Barry is only worth 5 million? I figured taking the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and actually winning would be worth a lot more than that. Kind of a shame to see a guy who contributed to this teams legacy making pennies compared to a guy who won a few playoff games over a career 3-4x as long. Anyone know what he’s up to these days?
Barry's notararity is from the 16 years he was the HC at Oklahoma & not the 4 years head coaching Dallas. He, like Johnson & Carroll, are the only head coaches to ever win both a National Championship AND Superbowl.

Last I heard he's still hugging both of those trophies. :D

not surprising, people were paid as much in the 90's as they are now.
o_O

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it surprise anyone else that Barry is only worth 5 million?
raw

dwreck27

Reaction score
Taxes and regular living will really eat up a pile of cash if you fail to re-invest that money out of fear or just laziness.

but like other said he last coached in the 90s when I’m sure a 1 or 2 mill a season was really breaking salary

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
My wife was a nurse in a nursing home in Arkansas a couple years ago and Barry Switzer had a friend in there. He came to visit and brought Keith Jackson with him. She said that Barry and Keith were extremely nice guys. She got her pic taken with both of them..........

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Kids, divorce and multiple lawsuits against will do that (remember the .38 he had in his bag going through the airport). He still does well working with Toby Kieth on a bank deal.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Barry's notararity is from the 16 years he was the HC at Oklahoma & not the 4 years head coaching Dallas. He, like Johnson & Carroll, are the only head coaches to ever win both a National Championship AND Superbowl.

Last I heard he's still hugging both of those trophies. :D

o_O

Does anyone actually believe he won Super Bowl 30? He absolutely shouldn't be on the list.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Does anyone actually believe he won Super Bowl 30? He absolutely shouldn't be on the list.
Lol. It was Jimmy's team just as Gruden's Tampa Bay Superbowl win was w/Dungy's & Tomlin's w/Cowhers. Should they also be taken off the list had they won a College Championship?!

"We" assumes there isn't a lot of millionaires on these boards sharing their opinions on the Cowboys. I'd have to agree that is a safe assumption.
Again, no "we" don't. And I don't agree nor care whether you agree it's a safe assumption or not. Moving on....:rolleyes:

J_Allen

Reaction score
Lol. It was Jimmy's team just as Gruden's Tampa Bay Superbowl win was w/Dungy's & Tomlin's w/Cowhers. Should they also be taken off the list had they won a College Championship?!

Again, no "we" don't. And I don't agree nor care whether you agree it's a safe assumption or not. Moving on....:rolleyes:

Tomlin and Gruden actually coached. Do you really think Switzer did anything?