Bears must be pissed about their QB after their big win

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had his issues yesterday, but the defense showed some chinks in its 4th quarter armor. I hope they get back on track next week.

We weren't getting as much pressure on Wentz in the second half and DLAW was a non-factor. I don't know what happened in the second half to our defense. But Philly obviously made an adjustment and it almost worked enough to pull out a game they had no business winning.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What too many Dak detractors seem to forget is that Dak is 25. We were all wooed by his amazing rookie season at 23, but he is still learning HOW to play QB at this level. This is the hardest position to play in all team sports and expecting a 25 year old to play like a guy with 5-10 years experience is crazy.

Dak absolutely needs to hold onto the ball in the pocket. His fumbling is inexcusable. And yesterday’s pics could have killed us. And his deep ball accuracy must also improve. But unlike most young NFL QBs, Dak already has 13 game winning drives on his young resume. Tony Romo had 29 in his 14 NFL seasons and Dak’s 13 in almost 3 seasons is pretty salty.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
Yes because we want to win a championship and letting every team we play stick around because of poor QB play is not acceptable.
Is this some kind of new rule? Don't talk bad about Dak after a win. He almost give the game to the eagle

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
To be fair, less people would be down on Dak if he had not thrown those two terrible picks and fumbled yet again. But, 455 yards and a win is not to be overlooked. Clean up the bad and build from the good young man.

JReed1000

Reaction score
I can tell some of you are horrible at your day Job...give it a rest.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The thing is that winning the SB is the goal, right? While I am happy that they are winning I don't believe that it is possible to win a SB with Dak based on his shortcomings that he continues to display. That Int on the overthrown pass was a perfect example. It was just a terrible throw to a wide open receiver. Those that want to continue to call the fans that are critical of Dak "haters" want to overlook these things. It will bite them in the *** though down the road. The continuous ball security both from bad throws and fumbles are the root of the problem. People always want to bring up Dilfer as an example of a average QB that won a SB but Dilfer was good enough to not drive the bus into the ditch...
Ya,well, he'd made SOME DEAD NUTS DRILLED PASS COMPLETIONS AS WELL ,,,er,,, although that was prolly due to advanced extraterrestrial aliens advanced capabilities, cuz' they are telling me ( over a couple of Jim Beam *glugs* around the campfire late at nite) that they can't stand the Philly fanbase Either,,, SHEESE!,,, why ,even ol' TERZAT hisself told me there worse than space herpes to get rid of after there anally probedo_O

irishline

Reaction score
All is hopeless in Chicago. Can't celebrate their strong defense because their QB barely completed 50% of his passes. The QB obviously wasn't going downfield as he only averaged 6.9 yards per pass. That is not per pass attempt, which would be low by itself. No, that was 6.9 yards but per pass completion. He had zero TD passes and threw 3 interceptions. Hard to be happy after a win like that.

I am not bashing Dak the day after a win but the Rams' passing defense is ranked 16 spots ahead of the Eagles (who are 30th in the NFL). The Rams also were not playing CB's who weren't on their team a few weeks ago. Added to that, Trubisky just came back from missing two games to injury and looked rusty.

Both made plays and both made mistakes, but to compare situations based solely on what you did isn't really an apples to apples comparison.

Last edited:

dallas72

Reaction score
All is hopeless in Chicago. Can't celebrate their strong defense because their QB barely completed 50% of his passes. The QB obviously wasn't going downfield as he only averaged 6.9 yards per pass. That is not per pass attempt, which would be low by itself. No, that was 6.9 yards but per pass completion. He had zero TD passes and threw 3 interceptions. Hard to be happy after a win like that.
Isnt that how Big Ben won his 1st SB? 147 yards 3 ints.....

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This was an ugly game against a division opponent that is familiar with us and there is no love lost between these teams. Every QB regardless of who he is has a game that he is going to turn the ball over multiple times - see Tom Brady early this year against Jacksonville or Drew Brees against us - it happens. Heck for all the fawning people do about Romo even he wasn’t immune from having the multiple pick games. What separates the average teams from good teams is how they react and deal with the turn over. Average teams fold up and go down, good and great teams find a way to overcome that adversity. Heck did anyone expect the Patriots to come back against the Falcons in the super bowl, an average team would have folded up shop, the great teams find a way to persevere even with the bounces are not going their way. There was a lot that went wrong yesterday, some of it was on Dak, some of it on the offensive line and the penalties. But in the Romo era that was a game this team loses. That was a must win game yesterday to take a commanding lead in the NFC East, how have we fared in the Romo years in must win games? Even those loses were not all on Romo, it was a team or lack thereof effort that did us in. Well yesterday this team did two things - one they stepped up and played to win and two they overcame adversity. I’ll take that over what a 3rd year qb that was drafted in the 4th round and had Kellen Moore as his QB coach did not do.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dak had his issues yesterday, but the defense showed some chinks in its 4th quarter armor. I hope they get back on track next week.
That was about as close of an bloodless exhibition of unarmed tribal death match 2018 in bridled physicality and mentally exerted ( Yuri Gellar type) gamesmanship a fan could've asked for in witnessing ,KIDDO/ GIRLFRIEND:starspin:

* to be honest? how much WAR RESERVE after that poleaxing them HOTT-BOYZ laid on NEW ORLEANS noggins can realistically be figured remaining in their fuel tanks?,,, those L.A. highflying sunbums tangled with a junkyard dog straight outta' that Jim Croce's LEROY BROWN tune,,,TOO!:lmao:

** RELAX,,, while Philly wiggled in an extra T.D. I'd inadvertently miscalculated into my pre-game prediction? it was a growling, grappling, yank a board off the barn door kinda' donnybrook proving our HOTT-BOYZ had more in the tank than those MO-FO'S o_O
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Ya,well, he'd made SOME DEAD NUTS DRILLED PASS COMPLETIONS AS WELL ,,,er,,, although that was prolly due to advanced extraterrestrial aliens advanced capabilities, cuz' they are telling me ( over a couple of Jim Beam *glugs* around the campfire late at nite) that they can't stand the Philly fanbase Either,,, SHEESE!,,, why ,even ol' TERZAT hisself told me there worse than space herpes to get rid of after there anally probedo_O
Sorry, but I don't speak gibberish...

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
People always want to bring up Dilfer as an example of a average QB that won a SB but Dilfer was good enough to not drive the bus into the ditch...
I don't usually join in this debate, but to suggest Dak has driven this bus "into the ditch" despite us still winning 5 in a row isn't really fair. Yeah he's often frustrating, but at the end of the day he is helping us win games against quality opponents.

guag

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't speak gibberish...
LOL!!! My man @Melonfeud may utilize a somewhat (or extremely) unique form of writing, but at the end of the day I think he usually gets his point across. Plus, sometimes trying to figure out what he means is half the fun! :laugh:;)

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I don't usually join in this debate, but to suggest Dak has driven this bus "into the ditch" despite us still winning 5 in a row isn't really fair. Yeah he's often frustrating, but at the end of the day he is helping us win games against quality opponents.
He sure as hell has tried to go off the road several times this season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been a member of this site for a long time. Most of my onsite experience has been reading members assigning most blame for real or imagined on-field problems (and sometimes off-field) on the quarterback in the majority of posts and threads. Over that time, the only difference has been the faces of the quarterback changed.

The posting pattern has been repetitive throughout with members 'joining a side'. Predictable. The wildcard variable has been certain members who flip-flopped discussing the cons of quarterback play, applying pro-arguments for same or similar quarterback only deficiencies they had zealously contested previously, and act as if no contradiction in their posts or threads currently exist.

meh. CowboysZone.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
LOL!!! My man @Melonfeud may utilize a somewhat (or extremely) unique form of writing, but at the end of the day I think he usually gets his point across. Plus, sometimes trying to figure out what he means is half the fun! :laugh:;)
I like him but my ADHD goes crazy trying to decipher his posts...

guag

Reaction score
I have been a member of this site for a long time. Most of my onsite experience has been reading members assigning most blame for real or imagined on-field problems (and sometimes off-field) on the quarterback in the majority of posts and threads. Over that time, the only difference has been the faces of the quarterback changed.

The posting pattern has been repetitive throughout with members 'joining a side'. Predictable. The wildcard variable has been certain members who flip-flopped discussing the cons of quarterback play, applying pro-arguments for same or similar quarterback only deficiencies they had zealously contested previously, and act as if no contradiction in their posts or threads currently exist.

meh. CowboysZone.
I was thinking the same thing! Obviously I'm not a mod, but I have been a member of this board since the beginning and I remember the Tony Romo (and Quincy Carter) debates well enough. It really is like history repeating itself (among the fans that is) with each new starting QB this team gets.