Bears must be pissed about their QB after their big win

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yep, Trubisky had a rough game yesterday.....while playing in sub freezing weather, outdoors, in his 1st game back returning from a shoulder injury. Cool.
Context does matter, at least some.

And if we’re going to bash Trubisky, at least get the facts straight.
He did throw a TD pass:D

Go Cowboys

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking the same thing! Obviously I'm not a mod, but I have been a member of this board since the beginning and I remember the Tony Romo (and Quincy Carter) debates well enough. It really is like history repeating itself (among the fans that is) with each new starting QB this team gets.
I try and forget the Carter era but the Romo and Prescott eras are running hand-in-hand from the commentary perspective. Still, it is the few voices within the vast noise of arguing, who once shouted 'I don't like Romo fo this or that', and are now yelling 'I do like Prescott for the same this or that I did not like Romo for', that are pretty darn interesting I must say.

joseephuss

Reaction score
My attempt at satire was lost on some.

Trent Dilfer did drive the bus off the road for the Ravens. The Ravens defense just made that bus into an all terrain vehicle that year. Dilfer and Banks both started 8 games that 200 season for Baltimore. Neither was good. Dilfer had 11 interceptions(more than Banks) and 8 fumbles(more than Banks). He had a good run once the playoffs arrived, but he was not good in that regular season. Far worse than Dak is right now.

Some people give Dak fair criticism, which he deserves. Some don't. They are over the top. It is comical.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't usually join in this debate, but to suggest Dak has driven this bus "into the ditch" despite us still winning 5 in a row isn't really fair. Yeah he's often frustrating, but at the end of the day he is helping us win games against quality opponents.

And i think the fact he is on a team that has won 5 in a row is the whole point. The Qb gets credit when we win and blame when we don't.

Ken

Reaction score
People are waiting for Dak to fail so they can celebrate like Romo won a Super Bowl.
Just look at the game thread...they couldn't contain their joy. Calling out anyone who ever said anything good about him. Then they all went back into their holes in the 4th quarter and OT.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just look at the game thread...they couldn't contain their joy. Calling out anyone who ever said anything good about him. Then they all went back into their holes in the 4th quarter and OT.
Glad I missed it.
Those threads can be depressing at times

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yup. There is a distinct difference between people who are just critical of poor play and those who are are just salivating for Dak to fail.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The thing is that winning the SB is the goal, right? While I am happy that they are winning I don't believe that it is possible to win a SB with Dak based on his shortcomings that he continues to display. That Int on the overthrown pass was a perfect example. It was just a terrible throw to a wide open receiver. Those that want to continue to call the fans that are critical of Dak "haters" want to overlook these things. It will bite them in the *** though down the road. The continuous ball security both from bad throws and fumbles are the root of the problem. People always want to bring up Dilfer as an example of a average QB that won a SB but Dilfer was good enough to not drive the bus into the ditch...

And when has Dak drove this thing into a ditch? 13-3 rookie year. 9-7 last year. 8-5 now. Most likely another division title. Let me know when this thing goes into a ditch...

Blackspider214

Reaction score

It's down right pathetic.There was even a thread right after we won the game saying Cooper Rush should have started the 4th. Right after Dak throws for 3 TDs in that time frame and OT. Cooper Rush! There is a huge faction of this board that roots for Dak to fail and would rather this team lose because of it so they can jump on here and gloat about how smart they are and how dumb we are for rooting for him. They want to push their narrative and agenda. You saw the excitement when we were 3-5 after the Titans loss. They loved it. They could tell us how wrong we were.

But now after a 5 game win streak at 8-5, they are grasping at whatever straws they can to try and hold on for dear life to that agenda they have. I don't mind criticizing players and coaches. But I am one of the biggest proponents that Garrett needs to go but I am not going to be a miserable human being and continue to bash that narrative day after day in the midst of what is going on. They make this board hard to read at times. It's one thing to criticize but it's another to spew their junk in countless threads and root for Dallas to lose with Dak to prove a point. This board use to feel good after wins. Now with this faction, it's the same old junk week after week. No matter what happens, Dak is the worst QB to ever play the game. Go root for some other team if they make you this angry.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
And when has Dak drove this thing into a ditch? 13-3 rookie year. 9-7 last year. 8-5 now. Most likely another division title. Let me know when this thing goes into a ditch...
Last year definitely went into the ditch. You think that last year was a success? This year started out in the ditch but the D along with the signing of Cooper were the wrecker service that got them back up on the road. I am willing and have given Dak credit for his improved play as of late now let's see him correct the continuous mistakes he is still making. Let's see him stop over/underthrowing Gallup multiple times per game. You know that Gallup has to be frustrated with it because Dak is doing it every single week.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

I got upset with Dak in the Eagles game too, but not because I wanted him to fail or have an "I told you he was trash" moment, like with some people on this board. Me getting upset comes from wanting him to improve, be a consistent productive QB, and wanting him to be successful in leading this franchise to more playoff wins and an eventual Superbowl win.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
I got upset with Dak in the Eagles game too, but not because I wanted him to fail or have an "I told you he was trash" moment, like with some people on this board. Me getting upset comes from wanting him to improve, be a consistent productive QB, and wanting him to be successful in leading this franchise to more playoff wins and an eventual Superbowl win.
Believe me...i was cursing on a few of them.

It is the people saying he's trash bench him, sign anyone and we win, or other ridiculous callouts that it is directed to.