Bears take step toward dumping Mitch Trubisky

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I shoulda Googled it first. Still Mahomes went #10 & Deshaun Watson #12, so I'm guessing it was a black eye draft for picking a QB.

The only team that ended up with a black eye were the Bears. They passed up Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. What an incredible blunder to trade up to number 2 overall and draft a bust, while Mahomes was still there 8 picks later.

Techsass

Reaction score
The only team that ended up with a black eye were the Bears. They passed up Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. What an incredible blunder to trade up to number 2 overall and draft a bust, while Mahomes was still there 8 picks later.
Yeah kind of my point. I looked it up & they gave up a ton to move up 1 pick for Trubisky - #3, #67, #111 & a 2018 #3 draft pick. They really wanted him.

Aven8

Reaction score
And yet he still schooled our glorious defense with draw after draw last season.............:facepalm:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Mahomes did he went at number 10. Mitch Trubisky at number 2 overall was a head scratcher at the time. He only had 13 career starts in college. He was even surprised to go that high.
Ya, it was a complete fumble. Not even close...he simply wasn't a football player even

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ya, it was a complete fumble. Not even close...he simply wasn't a football player even

They obviously saw something in him. I remember when the Chiefs moved up for Mahomes some thought that was a reach. No one had any of these QBs figure it out. Drafting a QB will always be a crapshoot.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
They obviously saw something in him. I remember when the Chiefs moved up for Mahomes some thought that was a reach. No one had any of these QBs figure it out. Drafting a QB will always be a crapshoot.

Sure but a crapshoot off 10+ years of playing versus like a year is a huge difference

kskboys

Reaction score
In my opinion if a QB “has it” they have it. No matter what team drafts them they’ll eventually win and win big. If they have that “it” factor it’s going to show up. I’ve heard the argument before that if this QB played for another team and that QB played for another would their careers have been different. Put Patrick Mahomes on any team and he would win. It might take a little longer with a real bad team but eventually he would turn them around. Most of the real great QBs started off on real bad teams and turned them around within 2 to 3 years. Mitch Trubisky simply doesn’t have it.
Except if it's CLEV!!!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Except if it's CLEV!!!!!!

The problem with Cleveland is they just keep swinging and missing. Their organization is a mess from top to bottom. Just look at all the head coaches and GM’s they’ve gone through. It’s right up there with the QBs they’ve missed on.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The problem with Cleveland is they just keep swinging and missing. Their organization is a mess from top to bottom. Just look at all the head coaches and GM’s they’ve gone through. It’s right up there with the QBs they’ve missed on.
Yeah they always need a QB so reach for one. Always chasing that dragon. Jury is out on Mayfield.

csirl

Reaction score
But....but...but.....we're being told on CZ that teams have to give huge guaranteed contracts to mediocre starters because elite QBs are hard to find?

Flamma

Reaction score
Lets get an under/over going for when Foles replaces the great Trubisky.

I'd put the under over at week 4.

JustChip

Reaction score
It sucks because the Bears are probably my third or fourth favorite team in the NFC.

They are cursed at the position.
They’re cursed because of the decisions they make. Trading for Cutler and then extending him with a big contract. Then signing Glennon to a, at the time, massive contract. Only to then immediately trade up for Trubisky whom most thought was ridiculous at the time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the same happens with Danny Dimes in NY

kskboys

Reaction score
No bigger example of what a crapshoot drafting a QB is than Mitch Trubisky who was the second overall pick in 2017, taken 8 picks ahead of Patrick Mahomes.
Especially when you take a small school nobody.