Beasley insinuates The 'Boys Are Losers

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You have a dark perspective that I want no part of. We don't have to agree about anything so let's stop trying to prove each other wrong and just leave it alone. If you want to worship the Pats then have at it. I'm a Cowboys fan and I still recognize them as the all-time greatest football team.
Recognizing achievements is worship now? Your mental gymnastics never ceases to amaze that's for sure.

Lutonio

Reaction score
He's not technically wrong, but the problem with this is he was fine when he was a focal point of the offense putting up big numbers, making rap albums, and coming up cute names for his touchdown dances.

Maybe he's part of not winning over that 7 year stretch? He had his chance to be the man last year.

He's not the man.

It works both ways. If the team is going to lose with or without him, I'd rather lose without him and his Twitter menstruations.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Ok now I realize that this team hasn’t had much postseason success but to say this team didn’t win is way incorrect
We didn't. If winning the Super Bowl is the ultimate prize we didn't. And since 1995 and the super bowl season we've been a 500 ball club. Mediocre because of Jerry and his kids running roughshod over this organization. That's not winning football.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's not technically wrong, but the problem with this is he was fine when he was a focal point of the offense putting up big numbers, making rap albums, and coming up cute names for his touchdown dances.

Maybe he's part of not winning over that 7 year stretch? He had his chance to be the man last year.

He's not the man.

It works both ways. If the team is going to lose with or without him, I'd rather lose without him and his Twitter menstruations.

No, he was fine until his contract was ending - he wanted to get paid. Which is what eventually happened.

You folks REALLY need to work on this butthurt over any former player that criticizes our team, or when they are looking out for their financial well-being. It's petty and immature. Grow up.

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
No, he was fine until his contract was ending - he wanted to get paid. Which is what eventually happened.

You folks REALLY need to work on this butthurt over any former player that criticizes our team, or when they are looking out for their financial well-being. It's petty and immature. Grow up.

I've already said in another post I don't blame him for taking a bigger offer. But my dislike of him as goes back farther than what has gone on this week.

I can not like him, his tweets, and his locker room grumbling without it being "butthurt."

Roland

Reaction score
Yes he does. When you're a top broadcaster in the game, that's a good business decision. That's why the savvy guys do that, and why they're the ones with long careers around the game. But Hatcher strikes me as a guy who doesn't know that, and doesn't care. So you get his honest opinion, unrehearsed and unfiltered. Just like TO, he wasn't savvy enough to know he was cutting his own throat, but he was honest and told you how he felt. The guys who aren't working in the game or indebted to anyone any more are the stories that I trust more than those who have been well-schooled in bull**** 101.
I can see your point however I may not fully agree with trusting someones opinion simply because they have less to lose. To me, the trust comes from character and credibility factors. I know it is not quite the same, but I work with individuals who can participate in a program to better themselves. Those individual who complete this program never have a bad word to say about it after the fact. In fact, many praise it. The only ones who talk crap about said program are those individuals who dropped out early or were kicked out due to one reason or another. So there is some driving force behind their smack talk, whether it is to cover up for their failings or to discredit the program.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Beasley has changed over the last couple of years and a change was probably needed........but most of what he said was pretty accurate.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Recognizing achievements is worship now? Your mental gymnastics never ceases to amaze that's for sure.
You can't help yourself, can you? You always got to get that last dig in before you depart. My "mental gymnastics" aside. I asked you kindly to leave it alone. We aren't going to agree and that's okay. Why can't you accept that?

Big_D

Reaction score
Lets clear this up. Beasly only reitiated what reality has been saying but the cult of mediocrity will cover their ears.

Did he lie? It’s actually refreshing to hear a player speak their mind, the participation trophy mentality is alive and well here. Team hasn’t won squat, but let’s just keep pretending that’s not the case! He’s well adept at cleaning out his locker. That ‘experience’ should transfer over nicely!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did he lie? It’s actually refreshing to hear a player speak their mind, the participation trophy mentality is alive and well here. Team hasn’t won squat, but let’s just keep pretending that’s not the case! He’s well adept at cleaning out his locker. That ‘experience’ should transfer over nicely!
He didn’t lie, he just didn’t say it like the OP is playing it to be. It was just a response to an ******* internet poster where he was saying he will be fine in Buffalo just as he was fine in Dallas.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

He's not the man.

Beasley is a volume catcher, not a big play guy like Cooper or Gallup.

He was never going to do much with 5 targets a game.

He caught 75% of his targets and averaged just over 10 yards per catch, so even a dummy like me can see that what Cole needed is more opportunities, if we're talking individual statistics.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
30 year old WR who knew this would be his last chance for a big contract and took it. I don't blame him but glad Dallas didn't match it. I do think with Austin, Hurns and yes Cooper at times in the slot Dallas will get along fine without Cole. It is not as if Cole is capable of being anything more than a slot WR, he is not going to do much lined up at any of the other WR position he is limited to playing 1 spot and I think that is a spot the Cowboys have players to fil that area

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lets clear this up. Beasly only reitiated what reality has been saying but the cult of mediocrity will cover their ears.

Anyone who has ever played a sport wouldn’t view the Cowboys results as a success.

You play for championships. If you’re not winning a championship then you’re not accomplishing the goal.