Beasley sounds off on offense again

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
You know, he proved to be a good 3rd down outlet for Dak. Sadly it may take a Dez, a Beasley, and maybe even a Cooper to call out how things truly are. The play calling is just not up to par. To say the 2 minute drill, where Dak makes the decisions, is where they shine, says a lot. While I am not even sold on Dak yet, I see the same traits of Romo in that statement. Does the QB have to save the coaches from themselves?

Lets be frank, while it is better to do and then ask for forgiveness later is the way of a manager and not an employee, a wrong decision can cost you your position, much like in football if the FO/Owner loses faith in your judgement. I just need to ask, Is this the case here yet again with a second QB? If so, I have to say the issue is the play calling or even the playbook, not execution. This is really my beef with the argument.

It seems the team loves Garrett, but have issue with the play calling. We know it is his playbook. The same when he was a backup for Dallas during his playing days. No matter who is the OC they are under the HC when it comes to the playbook. You can make wrinkles and changes to an existing play, but deep down it is still a play the HC had in his playbook. After coming to grips with that, it will take a Dom Capers of offense to create enough wrinkles with the current playbook, or a change at the HC position to chance this.

My faith is waning unless we have a proven OC or unless this is Garrett's do or die season with him and only him calling the plays. No more scapegoating.

Either way I think the issue with Beasley being classy or not is a non-point. Yes this should be handled inside the realm of the team but when the team tunes you out or calls you a diva, maybe saying such in Social Media as you leave might just reach JJ if it didn't before. Maybe if enough does such, things may change. Sadly no one knows if his frustrations made it past a positional coach or even the HC that is known to throw other coaches under the bus. Just saying.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
This is the problem though. All of those guys had different complaints.

TO complained Romo threw the ball to Witten too much. He somehow felt that was Garrett's doing.
Brice Butler believed he was better than Dez Bryant and wanted more touches.
Hurns actually complained about scheme.
Beasley complained that the front office forces footballs to certain receivers...basically upset that he's not that guy.

TO Dez and BB complained about the scheme what is you saying lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not that we are set at the WR position, but I'm not really that concerned one way or the other. He's not an elite WR who has a long future ahead of him. We'll be fine.
I like him as a player and think he makes some nice catches and plays hard, but I could do without throwing people under the bus.
Handle your business in house. Worst case, go to another team. But sometimes the grass isn't greener.

CWR

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem for him is he runs routes that usually don't stop or come back, and for a shorter receiver, those would be the easiest throws for Dak to make. It's a lot harder to throw over a DB who's considerably taller than the WR.

Add to that defenses figured out Dak likes to use him as an outlet in the middle of the field, and our tendencies to not emphasize using the middle as often as other teams. It makes me think of the NY game and the talk of Linehan being less involved and how we just so happened to exploit our matchup with Jarwin that game.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So all of you who are betting he goes to the Pats believe once there HE will get over on THE guy there now? IE; Edelman? ROFL not a chance. You don't think other teams aren't catching wind of his little going's on here in Dallas with twitter and all? Be my bet, he goes to some bottom dreg team to live out whatever contract they give him on the sidelines....Cole USED to be that guy, he just isn't any more, and I believe it has more to do with his attitude then skillz.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It depends on the size of the contract he signs in free agency, which I can’t imagine will be very big. But then it’ll be negated if you sign anyone yourselves. Gotta let big fish go and sign little fish to get comp picks. I bet Lawrence will net you a 3rd.
He'll get signed....but yea he would net a 3rd if he did leave.

DezNuts

Reaction score
Theres only one word that comes to mind when reading his tweet and that would be "Idiot".

Why would you say that even if you are leaving in free agency. Teams really gonna pay up for a slot receiver calling management out in the media lmao.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I didn't have the patience or time to read thru all 17 pages here, but there sure seems to be a lot of hate for Beasley around here. Personally, I wish more players on this team had the heart he has. I guess I'm in the minority here because I'm going to miss the guy if he leaves. Beasley, when used right, is one of the most reliable WR's we have. The guy is a baller. I can't blame him for the way he feels. Put him in Brady's offense and he'll shine. Dez and TO we're 10x the PITA's that some of you think Beasley is. And Beasley is still making plays here, unlike either of them towards the end of their time here. If you guys want to criticize Beasley, at least be honest and fair about it. Hell, I'm still waiting for some here to blame him for dropping our draft position for making that catch against the Giants. . .

Last edited: