Beasley's replacement through the draft: Olamide Zaccheus

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Thanks to @VACowboy for bringing up Olamide Zaccheus in another thread. I hope @VACowboy doesn't mind me tagging him or giving him full credit?

@VACowboy's take (since he follows the Virginia Cavaliers): "Durable. Reliable. Great hands. He catches the ball long and in traffic, breaks tackles and explodes once he gets his hands on the ball. I hope he lasts until day three but I dunno. He's going to thrive in a Tarik Cohen role as a pro. Love for it to be in Dallas.

From 2018 and 2017..."

If Zaccheus is there when the Cowboys pick during Day 2 of the 2019 Draft, should they take a chance on him? He could easily replace Cole Beasley's role, plus take over punt & kick returns.

If new O-Coordinator Kellen Moore is allowed to open this offense up, a player like Olamide Zaccheus would truly help make it much more explosive while helping the rest of the receivers to get open.

What say you?

Last edited:

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Just based off the vids you provided, looks like a less explosive Tavon Austin but with more strength. Neither with the footwork of Beasly though.

If that's the case, I'll pass, seeing as how they already locked up Austin.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a waste of a draft pick when we already have talented WRs on the team that can thrive in the slot position. They just have to be given a chance. Save the draft pick for a place we have a greater need.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tavon Austin is that player. If they waste a draft pick on a smallish player, then they will jave regressed with that decision making.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I rather not have another midget at receiver. Personally i like Ratliff-Williams from UNC and can play on special teams.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's a waste of a draft pick when we already have talented WRs on the team that can thrive in the slot position. They just have to be given a chance. Save the draft pick for a place we have a greater need.

I agree, it would be a waste to use a draft pick that high for a player that would be at best the 4th option on offense. We have more pressing needs at other spots.

jjktkk

Reaction score
It's not just necessarily just being a slot receiver. Quite a few of these slot wrs also return kicks and punts, which by the way, the Cowboys use an upgrade as well.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just draft Deebo Samuel and enjoy the excitement that he will bring.

timb2

Reaction score
Kavonte Turpin(TCU) is the guy I want for punt returns and the slot.