Beckham's Giant future?

visionary

Reaction score
A little OT --

As much as I love Dez, and I do love me some Dez Beast, I would take ODB over Dez in a second. ODB would be the perfect elite WR for Dak. ODB's talent caters to Dak more than Dez's does, at this point in their careers.

I couldn't care less about off-field or theatrics or etc., ODB is a certified stud and would be amazing with Dak. And I imagine if we had a coach like Harbaugh or Patricia, they'd reign him in. He's had an end-of-his-career coach in Caughlin, and a McAdoo.

It won't happen, tho. ODB will be in NY through his second contract.

I want neither
Diva WRs are a detriment to team play

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I mean seriously. An idiotic thread about a GIANT WR still on the main board.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Beckham raised a little sand before the season started about not getting paid. In fact, he wanted to one of the league's highest paid players. The fact needs to discuss his future with a new GM probably won't sit well. Don't be surprised to see this get ugly and he's a no-show.

Odell Beckham - WR - Giants
Speaking Monday, Giants co-owner John Mara said he "certainly" expected Odell Beckham to be a part of the team's future, but that he would discuss it with the new general manager.

If a discussion is needed, that will be a red flag. 25-year-old Beckham is one of the most transcendent talents in all of football. It's frankly embarrassing the Giants haven't already locked him up beyond 2018. The Giants' obsession with allowing that Beckham could be part of their problems is downright bizarre. Hopefully the new leadership can see more clearly on the issue.

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter
Dec 4 - 2:30 PM
I don't like OBJ UNLESS he decided to play for us LOL

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
even if he came to Dallas, it would be a waste. Unless hes in it to just get paid. Dallas has nothing to offer him.

1. Chance to be on a team full of young talent
2. Run game that leaves you one on one
3. He would play his old team twice a year.
4. He would be playing for the Dallas freaking Cowboys.
5. Dak is just as good or better than Eli.
6. No state taxes

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
It would have to be Beckham over Dez (and probably Lawrence), no way we can afford all of them with our cap space

Romo and Free finally off the books, 2 more years of Dak on the cheap and I hate to say this but let Witten walk/retire.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not a OBJ fan and his game doesn’t translate to winning.

He’s a sportcenter highlight and that’s it.

Thomas82

Reaction score
He's too good not to walk right into a huge deal someplace. Maybe he has a nasty fight with management here and becomes so toxic he has to take a highly-paid one-year prove-it contract and chooses to do so with his buddy Dez in order to stick it to the evil Giants. But who we foolin' here?

We want our own Beckham, we have to draft one.

Which is why Calvin Ridley is my top choice.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
From some of the Giant threads you'd think this was the NFL zone.......BTW, did you hear that Jerry Reese and Bob McAdoo were fired?
What do thing about that?
I was very sadden to see the Giants diagnose their cancer and cut it out. I wonder if this means they are on the way to recovery or will find other ways to mess up. The damage those two did to that team this season is done and we should still be able to beat the snot out of them in their own stadium.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When has JErry ever done that lol?
Your attempts at sarcasm are weak. We all know there are numerous examples of which you speak. So when you make statements as you did, if you want to be better received by you intended audience, toss in a ":rolleyes:" or ":muttley:" or even a ":facepalm:" to emphasis you are being sarcastic. I appreciate the "lol" you used which was your saving grace but it's over used and often misinterpreted. Yes you are being trolled right now but the advice is valid. ;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your attempts at sarcasm are weak. We all know there are numerous examples of which you speak. So when you make statements as you did, if you want to be better received by you intended audience, toss in a ":rolleyes:" or ":muttley:" or even a ":facepalm:" to emphasis you are being sarcastic. I appreciate the "lol" you used which was your saving grace but it's over used and often misinterpreted. Yes you are being trolled right now but the advice is valid. ;)
No sarcasm I meant that. Jerry is flawed and does a lot.....I'm just saying I don't recall a history of getting a old receiver and thinking he's the final piece.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No sarcasm I meant that. Jerry is flawed and does a lot.....I'm just saying I don't recall a history of getting a old receiver and thinking he's the final piece.
So you don't think the 2nd time we acquired Hershel Walker it was at a discount? Other examples of used up players Jerry acquired at a discount thinking they would be quality contributors... Drew Bledsoe, Greg Hardy, Eddie George. These players were once great but by the time Jerry signed them they didn't so squat for us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you don't think the 2nd time we acquired Hershel Walker it was at a discount? Other examples of used up players Jerry acquired at a discount thinking they would be quality contributors... Drew Bledsoe, Greg Hardy, Eddie George. These players were once great but by the time Jerry signed them they didn't so squat for us.
I don't recall us thinking they were he final piece to the puzzle...Greg Hardy yeah but he was in his prime when we got him or so we thought.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't recall us thinking they were he final piece to the puzzle...Greg Hardy yeah but he was in his prime when we got him or so we thought.
At least you admit your recollection fails you because that is exactly what these players were advertised to us when they came on board. Anyone that thought Hardy was in his prime was just wrong and it doesn't matter what people thought at the time when the net result is the guy is laughed out of the league as a joke and never plays again.