Been a long time since apathy set in this early

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am not 100% apathetic to the season yet. I am still looking forward to watching the game this afternoon.

That being said, I don’t have nearly the same optimism I normally have at this point in a season. Usually I would be telling myself that they are 2-3. They can be tied for the division lead with a win today, etc etc. but this season does have a hopeless feel to it, more than any other since the Dave Campo era.

Part of that is knowing that we need a whole new coaching staff. I really think that IF Garret finally gets his sorry butt kicked to the curb where it belongs, then I will feel better about the teams future prospects.

I mean the next head coach could be a failure too. You never know until you try, but at least it will bring back some of my hope.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Garrett and the Jones boys have done their best to numb the fans to the fact they don't have a clue.

Other than having an up and coming Defense with some terrific young players, this is the weakest roster in the NFL.

Truly something to hang your hat on: going 13-3 with a rookie qb and 2 years later falling to 30th in the NFL in total offense.

This is soul crushing failure, and we can thank the Cowboys for ruining our passion for the game as fans.

I hope we win today. That's all I got.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I’m not apathetic, but 2015 was much worse than this.

It was.

The problem is this season is every off season decision re: roster other than drafting LVE has been orchestrated, predictable failure by supposed experts hired to put a championship caliber team on the field.

It's disheartening and we are seeing already on the horizon another wasted season with our clown head coach clapping our way to calamity.

superonyx

Reaction score
I’m not apathetic, but 2015 was much worse than this.
2015 wasn’t worse from a Hope perspective.
When you QB is out you have the hope that it would be different if we had our guy.

We don’t have anyone out now.
We just have an offense regression week after week. We have Tyron Smith looking too similar to Chaz Green, mouthy Beasley and Hurns who produce little. A rookie WR who drops more than he catches. A group of TEs that seem to be part time turnstiles and part time forgettable.

And mosly we have owners that tell us Dak is a mix between Goff and Newton and how JG is a good coach.

It looks like 2019 will look like 2018.

waldoputty

Reaction score
After coming to grips with the fact that we just aren’t very good this year, and based off fact I can’t wait for the offseason when we won’t be as handicapped, I just have no interest in tomorrows game. Been awhile since I was this numb without being eliminated from playoffs.

Now knowing the team they’ll win tomorrow just to give us hope that they could be 4-3 headed to bye week with a win over Washington.

I would go golfing tomorrow if it wasn’t supposed to keep raining. 6 straight weekends. It’s like Jerry conspired to force us to watch since there’s nothing else to do

Everyone here will complain about tomorrow’s game and dissect it 86 different ways. Bottom line is the Texans game proved we just aren’t very good

what's wrong, come follow the pom-poms and be happy
WyheYzs.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
We lost a winnable game in OT because of our HC. Season is still going. We aren’t eliminated from anything yet. Have you seen the rest of the division?

lk8701

Reaction score
Being a Cowboys fan is like a drug addiction for me. I know it isn't good for me but I just can't stop.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Apathetic fandom is part of life for many fans across the country. It’s not so bad.

You just don’t have high expectations basically looking to lose hoping to win. No pressure, no stress. You can still enjoy the games.

I’ve been doing it for over 50 years with my fav college team and Alma Mater. It is what it is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s really silly to not be apathetic with our dysfunctional organization where they don’t place winning anymore as the highest priority.

Big_D

Reaction score
We lost a winnable game in OT because of our HC. Season is still going. We aren’t eliminated from anything yet. Have you seen the rest of the division?

We still have the same coach who will do more of the same things in other winnable games. You make it sound like that will be the last brainfart from the HC when it's just one of very many. And there will be more.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I enjoy listening to Troy or today it will be Romo.

I still enjoy the game regardless if we are good or not. It’s not like we’re getting blown out every week 30-0. We’re still playing hard.

It’s not the players fault we have a dysfunctional organization not set up for success.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not been getting excited for game days like I used to get.
This week I didn't even record all the local shows that are on, Special Edition, Jason Garrett show, cowboys insider, not even sure I will watch Cowboys Live Game Day show on at 10:30. Probably will, but right now, no urge.

I guess I could watch them on the DC website. But have no desire to hear the usual lip service from them.

Oh, I can't wait for the game to start, but just not amped up as I used to be. I will watch it from start to finish no matter what. As I am more interested to see how the defense does and improves. How Irving looks. But for the offense, only to see Zeke get a lot of yards. As I have no confidence they will score 30 points.