Been a long time since apathy set in this early

JayFord

Reaction score
Its not that we arent good its that our staff wont put people in positions to win

Why keep slamming your head into a brick wall when a bulldozer is available?

Big_D

Reaction score
Its not that we arent good its that our staff wont put people in positions to win

Why keep slamming your head into a brick wall when a bulldozer is available?

They're not capable.

JustChip

Reaction score
We lost a winnable game in OT because of our HC. Season is still going. We aren’t eliminated from anything yet. Have you seen the rest of the division?

We lost a winnable game because the offense had to settle for FGs instead of TDs, the offense turned the ball over, and the defense couldn't make the one stop they needed to make (a familiar refrain).

CCBoy

Reaction score
It’s also “alright” for fans to be throughly disappointed in their team.

One doesn't say...the right to gloat, now that's some high and mighty meaning there...but something that changed American principals for equality to seek one's own destiny. Too bad that is more often subverted to taking it out on others giving up more for group successes as well. Otherwise there would be no binding jell to bring it all together...yea, go figure buddy.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yeah I want them to win and get it together but if they are terrible today and lose I’m pretty much just going to go through the motions the rest of the year

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I used to get far too excited when the Cowboys won, as though I had actually accomplished something when in reality I had nothing to do with it. I'd also get extremely despondent over a loss, again as if it had anything to do with me.

Maybe it's age, maybe it's just being an average team this century, and maybe it's both, but my highs aren't as high and my lows aren't as low. I'm just a fan watching a game. I don't win it or lose it. I just watch it, hoping they'll win but not feeling like my mood for the next 7 days depends on the outcome. It doesn't, at least not anymore.

I don't spend 11 months worrying about draft position either, something I've never done and never will because that isn't why I ever became a fan. It'll end up what it is no matter what I root for, so it's a pointless endeavor. The day I'm in the war room making those selections, I'll give that subject more consideration. That would be fun. Wish me luck.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
It’s bad. I don’t really care if we win another game cause I know at best this is an 8-8 team. That means another year of the clown show. And a draft pick in the late teens. I’d just assume go 2-14.

JayFord

Reaction score
I used to get far too excited when the Cowboys won, as though I had actually accomplished something when in reality I had nothing to do with it. I'd also get extremely despondent over a loss, again as if it had anything to do with me.

Maybe it's age, maybe it's just being an average team this century, and maybe it's both, but my highs aren't as high and my lows aren't as low. I'm just a fan watching a game. I don't win it or lose it. I just watch it, hoping they'll win but not feeling like my mood for the next 7 days depends on the outcome. It doesn't, at least not anymore.

I don't spend 11 months worrying about draft position either, something I've never done and never will because that isn't why I ever became a fan. It'll end up what it is no matter what I root for, so it's a pointless endeavor. The day I'm in the war room making those selections, I'll give that subject more consideration. That would be fun. Wish me luck.

You then realized what i realized the bigger the win the bigger the screw up next week

scottsp

Reaction score
Miraculously, I found a way to remain locked-in and engaged for every game of the Campo era (and late-stage Landry), so it's likely I'll continue to trick myself into caring enough about these outcomes.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I just found myself looking thru the channel guide for today to see what was on, other than football...What a sad year this is...Thanks AGAIN Jerry...

I'm actually more excited watching good match-ups over the Cowboys anymore. To tell the truth, if l don't see another Cowboy game this year it wouldn't kill me. I saw some good college ball yesterday...

Last edited:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I just found myself looking thru the channel guide for today to see what was on, other than football...What a sad year this is...Thanks AGAIN Jerry...

I'm actually more excited watching good match-ups over the Cowboys anymore. To tell the truth, if l don't see another Cowboy game this year it wouldn't kill me. I saw some good college ball yesterday...
I can’t wait for Chiefs-Pats tonight!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Apathy has definitely set in for me. And it goes far beyond just this season. We have been swimming in the pool of mediocrity since 1996. With no real end in sight. Sure, we have a few outlier seasons like 2007, 2014 and 2016 (and only got one playoff win out of those) but it is most likely mediocre junk. Win one, lose one, win a few, lose a few indefinitely. A delusional owner who has no idea how to run the team. One of the worst coaching staffs in the league that Jerry is married to. All we do is spin our wheels.

I don't get upset about losses any longer and I also get happy about wins. Because I know there is no real destination to be had with this.

HungryLion

Reaction score
what's wrong, come follow the pom-poms and be happy
WyheYzs.jpg

Jacksonville is a beautiful city. I have been a few times. I need to get back down there soon apparently.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Today was fun. Hoping they can do it again next week because beating the Commanders is always a good thing.