Before the season started, what did you think our record would be after 4 games?

Zman5

Reaction score
Yes it sucks losing like this today but honestly we are exactly where I thought we would be after 4 games (2-2). I just thought we would lose to SD and Oakland instead .

Next four games I thought we would go 3-1 losing to the Eagles but I think we have better chance of beating the Eagles then the Giants right now.

The Gints look pretty darn good.

I think we will be either 4-4 or with a little luck or 5-3 at the half way point.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I actually had us at 4-0 right now.

San Diego without Gates.

Washington being Washington at Dallas.

San Fran...well...they suck.

Oakland I had us beating. Parcells vs. Norv. Figured that gave us the edge.

Sucks that it didn't turn out that way but what can you do? We have to prepare for Philly.

Champsheart

Reaction score
I thought we would be 2-2 or 3-1.

Actually the Raider game was the swing game. I never felt to confident about that one.

Zman5

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

San Diego without Gates.

Sucks that it didn't turn out that way but what can you do? We have to prepare for Philly.

I like your optimism but even without Gates, playing SD in SD with our new D and new QB, most people including me would have chosen SD.

And Norv has already beat Parcells 2 years ago as a OC for Miami. He made Jay Fiedler look like Joe Montana against our supposed #1 D.

BHendri5

Reaction score
4-0 is what I had us going, 3-1 at the worse. 2-2 is not bad, because we will get to rolling here and it will be a long while before we lose again. I fugured we would be 12-4 at least and 13-3 at best. we will have a better record than 10-6.

2-2 is not bad, the team know what they can do, but it is the coaches that are still having the problems it seems.

We have the firepower to be aggressive on offense and our defense continues to get better and gain experience in this 3-4.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dragon_mikal said:

San Diego without Gates.

4-0?

Me too.

I thought we would outscore the opposition 162-18 by this point.

Julius would be within a 100 of reaching 1,000.

Bledsoe is playing better than I thought though... I figured he'd have a completion % of about 38% and have 1 TD to go with a dozen picks by now and he'd be sacked 4 times by the worst pass rush in the NFL. I guess I did hit the last one huh?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
4-0?

Me too.

I thought we would outscore the opposition 162-18 by this point.

Julius would be within a 100 of reaching 1,000.

Bledsoe is playing better than I thought though... I figured he'd have a completion % of about 38% and have 1 TD to go with a dozen picks by now and he'd be sacked 4 times by the worst pass rush in the NFL. I guess I did hit the last one huh?

:laugh2:

We very well could be 4-0 right now. In my mind, we should be. The Chargers game was the biggest challenge to me and when we won that one I was sure we would be 4-0 when Philly came to town.

Oh well.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
4-0 is what I had us going, 3-1 at the worse. 2-2 is not bad, because we will get to rolling here and it will be a long while before we lose again. I fugured we would be 12-4 at least and 13-3 at best. we will have a better record than 10-6.

2-2 is not bad, the team know what they can do, but it is the coaches that are still having the problems it seems.

We have the firepower to be aggressive on offense and our defense continues to get better and gain experience in this 3-4.

Agreed for the most part.

I thought this team would be 2-2. I thought we would lose to SD and lose to Oakland.

But, after seeing how we played against SD, my expectations were raised and especially seeing us shut out the Skins like we did, I was really excited.

Actually, even after we gave up those 2 big plays to Moss, I thought it was a fluke and that we would bounce back.

But after seeing us struggle against the 49ers, my expectations really started to drop.

I seriously think we are the worst team in our division right now. Washington's defense will keep them in every game, that Eli Manning is really playing great and we already know about the "Dreaded and Feared".

I would be happy with 1-1 in the next two games, but I think if we lose another division game, we may not be able to get into the playoffs unless Philly loses 2 times to one of the other Division Teams.

To be honest with you. Okay, if you told me 3 years ago, you just signed Bill Parcells and his coaching staff would cost you ball games, especially in his 3rd year, I would have told you you were crazy.

But right now, I think it is true.

Im outta here man. I got Jury Duty tommorrow, but it should be fun to read the boards once I get out.

- Mike G.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
2 & 2............but thought we had a very good shot at 3-1

te0002

Reaction score
I thought this team would be 3-1 - with them losing one they shouldn't have (see Washington).

2-2 at the quarter-pole is not the worst thing, but unfortunately the schedule just gets tougher from here.

I thought the SD game would have propelled this team, but unfortunately it didn't. The strange thing for me is the SD game was the only victory which gave me confidence this team could make some noise this year. The W in SF was great - but it was a little too scary for me. Comebacks are awesome, but there was simply no reason for the Cowboys to need a comeback against SF.

I see some tough games ahead with the Cowboys being in a pretty deep hole at mid-season.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Once Gates was suspended 1 - 0
Washington, usually close, could be 1 - 1 or 2 - 0
SF, Well this is the SF of the 2000's not the 80's and early 90's. 2 - 1 or 3 - 0
Oakland, Moss can always kill us 2 - 2 or 3 - 1 or 4 - 0

I always pick the Boys to win. So I expect them to go 16 -0 in the regular season, then win the Super Bowl.
I am what I am. Just a fan with high hopes.

Go Cowboys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Before the season started, what did you think our record would be after 4 games?

2-2.

And apparantly "2-2" isn't enough text so I had to type this extra crap.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
3-1 Had us losing to SD and after that great win i was riding high and puffing my chest out around here in Philly but lately i have had nothing to brag about. In my opinion our next 4 games before the bye we go 1-3...possibly sqeaking out a win against the Cards. TO next week will run rampant on us!! Very disappointed as i sit here writing this. I truly thought we could make a nice little run this year to the Playoffs and use it as a foundation for better years. What the hell was i smoking???

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
I actually thought we'd be 2-2, but not like this exactly.

I figured SD and oakland would have beat us while we would easily handle the skins and 9ers.

I guess thats why they play the games.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I always think we will win, even today when we were down it was always, he we can still comeback (and we almost did).

Still, with opening 3 of 4 on the road and facing a 12-4 team and Moss who always beats u, if you had said you will be 2-2, I would have taken it.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
It's not that the 2-2 record is surprising. It's how the two losses have come that is frustrating. You are what you are, so all the ifs are meaningless -- this team could easily be 0-4 or 4-0, but it's not.

But with that said, it's hard to accept defeat, especially in the fashion in which it has come this season. The two wins have tasted so great, but have been followed up by such demoralizing losses (more so the Washington game).

One would like to see a little consistency, improvization from the coaching staff, etc. But, it's what separates the great from the good, and the good from the bad. Clearly, this team still has a ways to go.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dale said:
It's not that the 2-2 record is surprising. It's how the two losses have come that is frustrating. You are what you are, so all the ifs are meaningless -- this team could easily be 0-4 or 4-0, but it's not.

But with that said, it's hard to accept defeat, especially in the fashion in which it has come this season. The two wins have tasted so great, but have been followed up by such demoralizing losses (more so the Washington game).

One would like to see a little consistency, improvization from the coaching staff, etc. But, it's what separates the great from the good, and the good from the bad. Clearly, this team still has a ways to go.

Actually what bothered me more wasn't the way we lost to the Deadksins but how we came out flat againt the Whiners.

Although we lost the game, I felt we "beat" the Deadskins. The two big mistakes we made, I thought could be corrected easily.

It's really hard to tell where this team is right now.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Zman5 said:
Actually what bothered me more wasn't the way we lost to the Deadksins but how we came out flat againt the Whiners.

Although we lost the game, I felt we "beat" the Deadskins. The two big mistakes we made, I thought could be corrected easily.

It's really hard to tell where this team is right now.

In many ways, we've looked "better" in the losses.

Beating Washington handedly for 55 minutes, holding the Raiders' passing game relatively in check and to only 19 points, etc.

Or, perhaps that 49ers game is clogging too much space in my memory when it comes to our two wins. How in the heck we allowed Rattay to look like the second coming still baffles me.