Yards per Pass: 5.1
Total Yards per play: 4.2

Starting Field Position on Scoring drives:
Own 48 (long kick return)
Dallas 29 (Romo Fumble+Barber Penalty)
Own 28 (Good punt, good coverage)
Dallas 41 (Interception+long return)
Dallas 37 (long kick return)

4 out of 5 drives started on the Dallas side of the field or close to it.

I'm not saying the defense is doing great, but considering the turnovers and the special team play, you have to excuse them.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
My problem yesterday was that Houzmanzedah was left wide open on both occasion's. Everyone knows that wacthes the bengals is that T.J is Palmer's security blanket. Our defenders just always seems confused on who to cover or what zone their in. T.J. was the last guy who needed to be left open.

Temo

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2313064 said:
My problem yesterday was that Houzmanzedah was left wide open on both occasion's. Everyone knows that wacthes the bengals is that T.J is Palmer's security blanket. Our defenders just always seems confused on who to cover or what zone their in. T.J. was the last guy who needed to be left open.

I would agree there. There were more than a couple completely blown coverages. Nothing having to do with getting beat, etc. Just not covering the right area.

1fisher

Reaction score
I'd love to see the offense put their foot on the gas and not let up!!!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

That's a legitimate cripe. Overall they made them dink and dunk and took their running game away. Yeah, they made some mistakes and Palmer is too good of a QB not to take advantage of it. House too.

And you're right. If you're going to force teams to play that offense you have to have a long field to help you. Or they are going to score some FGs at least. We kept them in a game that should have been a three score game at least.

The TOs, ST play and the mistakes in pass defense are the only legit complaints.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

There were times when we had two rookie corners plus Keith Davis in at the same time.

When that's the case, mistakes are going to happen.

satam55

Reaction score
Temo;2313017 said:
Bengals Offensive statistics:
Yards per Run: 2.7

I'm not saying the defense is doing great, but considering the turnovers and the special team play, you have to excuse them.
You sound Like the Big Doofus A.K.A. Wade Phillips!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2313107 said:
There were times when we had two rookie corners plus Keith Davis in at the same time.

When that's the case, mistakes are going to happen.
:hammer:

Temo

Reaction score
satam55;2313162 said:
You sound Like the Big Doofus A.K.A. Wade Phillips!

And you sound like an ignorant fan dealing only in absolutes!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Temo;2313017 said:

You make an excellent point. Good job.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's ridiculous that these kinds of threads garner little attention but the drauma threads get pages of it. This ought to be a forum for Wrestlemania.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Temo;2313017 said:

Bingo.

That starting field position is why that game tightened and was close.

John813

Reaction score
Temo;2313017 said:

Nice post.
I do not think the defense even did a bad job last week.
The defense can only do so much when the opposing team gets the ball at mid field or already in the Cowboys territory.
Do I think we can be more aggressive, yes, but there is a reason why I'm a fan and Wade is in the NFL.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'll say this. When the Cowboys played man-to-man yesterday, they looked a lot better than when they played that 15 yards cushion zone.

Anthony Henry's PI was a PI, but it was an unnesessary PI. He had the play made without putting his other hand on the receivers hip. It was a costly mistake, but those types of mistakes go away with experience.

Temo

Reaction score
nyc;2313458 said:
I'll say this. When the Cowboys played man-to-man yesterday, they looked a lot better than when they played that 15 yards cushion zone.

Anthony Henry's PI was a PI, but it was an unnesessary PI. He had the play made without putting his other hand on the receivers hip. It was a costly mistake, but those types of mistakes go away with experience.

Agreed... other than some blown assignments (mostly by the rookies) and Mike Jenkins seemingly unable to defend the 10 yard curl pattern (he gets beaten by that like 1-2 times a game, it seems)... the pass defense seemed pretty good.

The pass rush wasn't there though, almost the whole game. That was the only weak spot I could see on the defense.

bigE79

Reaction score
Temo;2313466 said:
Agreed... other than some blown assignments (mostly by the rookies) and Mike Jenkins seemingly unable to defend the 10 yard curl pattern (he gets beaten by that like 1-2 times a game, it seems)... the pass defense seemed pretty good.

The pass rush wasn't there though, almost the whole game. That was the only weak spot I could see on the defense.
I gotta tell ya,i really hope that AJ stays on the straight and narrow cause the more i see the guy play the more i like him...also his interviews are funny as hell:starspin

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Temo;2313466 said:

First I think this is a good thread. See my posts above. But I do not understand why people keep saying our pass rush is not there.

I've made comment after comment and it's obvious not many agree with me but I'm certain I'm right about this. You are not going to get to a QB who is making quick drops and throwing to short routes. No one is going to consistently get to any QB in that situation. Only if there is a major flaw in the opponents OL or someone just misses an assignment or falls down are you going to sack a QB that's making quick drops.

As soon as Palmer had to abandon that then we got to him. It's very obvious we have a good pass rush and teams are going to game plan against that. Just like the Skins did. They stayed in the game and eventually won due to turnovers, good field position and most importantly a running game to go with it all. The Bengals couldn't run and that's why they lost even though they got good field position.

Do you guys just want to not believe that or do most of you just disagree with me?

Temo

Reaction score
jobberone;2313490 said:
First I think this is a good thread. See my posts above. But I do not understand why people keep saying our pass rush is not there.

I've made comment after comment and it's obvious not many agree with me but I'm certain I'm right about this. You are not going to get to a QB who is making quick drops and throwing to short routes. No one is going to consistently get to any QB in that situation. Only if there is a major flaw in the opponents OL or someone just misses an assignment or falls down are you going to sack a QB that's making quick drops.

As soon as Palmer had to abandon that then we got to him. It's very obvious we have a good pass rush and teams are going to game plan against that. Just like the Skins did. They stayed in the game and eventually won due to turnovers, good field position and most importantly a running game to go with it all. The Bengals couldn't run and that's why they lost even though they got good field position.

Do you guys just want to not believe that or do most of you just disagree with me?

I do disagree that it was quick drops and short passes. For instance, most of the passes to TJ Houshmanzadeh were plays where Palmer took a full drop.

I will grant this though: The bengals used more blockers than most opponents have used against the cowboys, and it showed.