Belated Atlanta rewatch thoughts

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Great points on all.

Not a great idea to put McG into the lineup while the two tackles are out.

Eventually one of the kids has to get into the lineup on the interior OL though.

You would think Biadasz is ahead of McGovern as he has been active in both games. I think he takes over for Looney at some point this season at the Center position. Connor Williams has had two very difficult match-ups to start the season, let's see how he performs against lesser talent this week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thanks Rockport

You're a good poster Rocky. But you are just succumbing to the nature of this board which is to verbally castrate anyone for the slightest reasons.

It's one reason I have started posting a lot less. It's a sad state of affairs that should be controlled by those with the means to. I understand a difference of opinion and a spirited argument but I have seen too many outright attacks and hatefulness (it's what's wrong with our society in general).
Can we all strive to add to the content versus taking away? (I feel like Rodney King saying this . . . "Can't we all just get along?"))
I think the issue here is that some of these people aren't Cowboy fans. So you have a passionate fat like Rockport and then you have the trolls who are intentionally trying to rile up the board.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You would think Biadasz is ahead of McGovern as he has been active in both games. I think he takes over for Looney at some point this season at the Center position. Connor Williams has had two very difficult match-ups to start the season, let's see how he performs against lesser talent this week.
I certainly dont root against the guy and dont hate on him like many around here do.

However, given the draft capital used on McGovern and Biadasz, among other factors, they cant go matching what another team will likely offer Williams once he hits FA.

He is the better option for now, but he cant be part of the longer term future.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? So you think I wasted my time collecting the thoughts of others?

No one asked you to read it.

Did it make you feel better to say that?

Sorry it was so disappointing for you, but then again I dont recall ever being especially enlightened with anything you've ever written here.
Pay Rockport no never mind. He's on some impossible crusade and it effects him. H'e just mean and nasty to almost everyone.
(Sorry admin....do what you must but tis true)

fivetwos

Reaction score
I apologize. My post was very rude.
Accepted and thank you.

Thing is, what I wrote may have been regurgitation based on what you've read, but you have no real way of knowing what I did or didnt see.

Trust me I have no reason or time to rewrite what someone else already did for the sake of attention.

I did the rewatch late and said so. A lot of us probably saw the same thing...

Which in the end was a win, which contributes to what we all want to do....which is to stop not being able to win when it counts.

We are on the same team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the issue here is that some of these people aren't Cowboy fans. So you have a passionate fat like Rockport and then you have the trolls who are intentionally trying to rile up the board.

Who "intentionally" riles up the board? People you don;t agree with?

It's an honest question....might help me know who to respond to...or rather who not.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks Rockport

You're a good poster Rocky. But you are just succumbing to the nature of this board which is to verbally castrate anyone for the slightest reasons.

It's one reason I have started posting a lot less. It's a sad state of affairs that should be controlled by those with the means to. I understand a difference of opinion and a spirited argument but I have seen too many outright attacks and hatefulness (it's what's wrong with our society in general).
Can we all strive to add to the content versus taking away? (I feel like Rodney King saying this . . . "Can't we all just get along?"))

It seems..."we"..have a penchant for trying to trap people as well as not accepting a differing opinion on matters. "Dak hate"...isn't even a real thing. Maybe less than a handful of forum members disgusted with him. Not even a blip.

Some people think he under performs during very critical times. Some people aren't thrilled with a big contract. Just an opinion, it's not hate at all. But because it disagrees with others' opinions, we have to have silly peeing contests about it. It all gets lumped into the great big "Dak hate" basket.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just rewatched the condensed game tonight myself.. thanks to my father-n-laws NFL gamepass login:D

A few quick thoughts of my own:

- Zeke is just a human dump truck wrecking grown men’s lives. And it’s fn awesome to watch.
~snipped for space and clarity~

Did you see Zeke totally truck the defender on the goal line? Holy smokes!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who "intentionally" riles up the board? People you don;t agree with?

It's an honest question....might help me know who to respond to...or rather who not.

Are you asking what type of posters or who the actual posters are?

Its not even about "me". I see Dak fans try to rile up the board too with certain posts. Its clear as day when it occurs.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

Well...calling someone a 'passionate FAT' is a bit extreme even for a troll but that's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. :lmao2::lmao2:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you asking what type of posters or who the actual posters are?

Its not even about "me". I see Dak fans try to rile up the board too with certain posts. Its clear as day when it occurs.

Who?

I think this is more like a heads up for me in two ways. One....maybe who I should not take too seriously and two....who YOU think are trollers. Perspective.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL I give up on autocorrect. It felt I meant fat instead of fan for some reason lol. I have love for the passionate fat too though lol.

I wasn't sure what you meant either, my first thought was Zeke...:muttley:...but I chuckled.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
just returned from vacation.
watched game live there and re-watched last night.

Defense: We really struggle between the 20s. Very bend but don't break like under Marinelli's old 4-3 cover 2 schemes.
All that said willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of injuries galore.
THill has been quite good. Flashes his quickness on initial penetration. Our best DT in this scheme imho.

Jaylon looked farrrr better week 2. Probably because he was mostly moved back inside and not asked to play in as much space.
He's a solid inside guy who can man cover TEs.
Joe Thomas is much lighter and quicker. He's a space LB.

Pass rush getting a lot of abuse but we aren't sending many ever because of injuries on the back end.
Dropping 7 almost every play versus QBs who get rid of the ball. .

The LT kid looked quite good. He can play. That's a keeper imho.
Steele is clearly RT only because his ability or handle speed rushers who stay low is non-existent, but he has plenty of strength.
Almost wish they'd switch him and Connor Williams.
Connor does everything well but occasionally gets overpowered and looks like a kid.

Schultz played a big boy game.
After 1 catch and 2 drops he really showed up.

over-rateds:
Tony Pollard... look i'm not sure why guys are in love with him but he looks downright scared on kick off returns and fumbles far too often on offense.
Resting Zeke for him is a pure downgrade.
And I'd like to see CeeDee on KO returns.

Ball security: We practiced all week on ball security including with boxing gloves. Then fumbled every touch to start the game. Oy Vey!!

under-rateds:
Zeke: Good grief that dude is good. Blocks like a baby OL and flat kills defenders. He is probably the best RB in football through 2 weeks and since he has entered the league. Knew he was top 4 but that is underrating him.
A lot of folks owe him an apology.

Dak: I mean what really needs to be said. Can score around goal line like Cam Newton with good vision and power runs and pass like the elite pocket passers. Dude is tough as nails and makes almost zero mistakes. He's going to make a fortune when he signs. If you start a football team today he's going in the top 5 somewhere after Pat and Russ.

CeeDee: Lamb already looks like our most dangerous player when he catches the ball. A few times he's been very close to breaking one very long and the defense has done just enough. He is a stud already as a rookie. Now they need to get him mixed in on the outside some.

Coaching staff: Mann I hate some of the aggressive game calls but have to give them credit that they played aggressive every second and it paid off when they needed it to. Injuries have lit this team up but the back ups haven't really been picked on minus Steele late in game 1. That's a credit to the staff. Also never quit down a mile.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I certainly dont root against the guy and dont hate on him like many around here do.

However, given the draft capital used on McGovern and Biadasz, among other factors, they cant go matching what another team will likely offer Williams once he hits FA.

He is the better option for now, but he cant be part of the longer term future.

Many of us thought Collins wasn't apart of the team's long-term plans, either. Nobody truly knows how they feel about Williams internally.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who?

I think this is more like a heads up for me in two ways. One....maybe who I should not take too seriously and two....who YOU think are trollers. Perspective.
Off top Pappydogg is a clear troll...., Williebeamen, MattJames, captain-crash,Kevinicus, DJKhiladi, PhillipMonroe, Calpolytech, Dakattack09, Captainroy(Dak homer who tries to rile up people, anti-Zeke)......this is off the top. Probably are more but these are the main ones.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Off top Pappydogg is a clear troll...., Williebeamen, MattJames, captain-crash,Kevinicus, DJKhiladi, PhillipMonroe, Calpolytech, Dakattack09, Captainroy(Dak homer who tries to rile up people, anti-Zeke)......this is off the top. Probably are more but these are the main ones.
And me!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Many of us thought Collins wasn't apart of the team's long-term plans, either. Nobody truly knows how they feel about Williams internally.
I guess, but it's far from a no brainer that he should get a second deal. Not consistent at all, and you throw away 3rd rounders on McGovern with gaping holes on defense.

Not the best allocation of resources any way you slice it.