Belichick can win with anything

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You call them avg some are high draft picks are you saying Bill does not know talent, that the #1 picks on his defense were poor choices? So he can coach but can't spot talent? lol Too funny they are jags off the street? get a clue they have some high draft picks on that defense and some quality FA
Your avoiding the ?. I’ll try again. Do you think Belicheats defensive scheme with a bunch of average players and a couple really good players won this Super Bowl? Brady and the Offense only scored 13 points.

Pape

Reaction score
Beat me to it

36-44 record is ugly
5-11 in his last season
:omg:
take that last season in the context of what was happening in cleveland. it was announced halfway thru the season that the team was abandoning cleveland and moving to baltimore... the wheels came off the franchise wagon in the back half of the season...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Coaching matters in the NFL. Bob Kraft knows that. Jerry will never understand that because he doesn't even believe a competent GM matters.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I saw what he did in Cleveland. Nothing to review Cleveland was winning in 1988 and and 89, bad season in 90. He had 1 season above 500 and his last 5-11. Fact is he has not won jack without Brady that is fact not spin. Brady has led many comebacks that is on him. I give Belicheck his dues but it is a lot easier winning with a QB like Brady who has pulled their butts out of the fire on many occasions. Now one more time what has Belicheck won without Brady as his QB?

He won the AFC championship game without Brady against the Steelers to get to his first Super Bowl. On the road. Brady goes down in game 1 of 2008 and hurt the entire season. He wins 10 or 11 games with Cassel. Meanwhile in Dallas, we win 4 games when our QB goes down in the middle of the season.

To discount a coach who has built what he has is flat out silly. Look at every single great coach. Now name me one who didn't have a great QB. On the flip side, name me a great QB who had a terrible head coach and lets compare accomplishments. Head coach and QB go hand in hand. They are the 2 most important aspects of a team. If you have one and not the other, you aren't going to be as successful and really not even close.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your avoiding the ?. I’ll try again. Do you think Belicheats defensive scheme with a bunch of average players and a couple really good players won this Super Bowl? Brady and the Offense only scored 13 points.

I think his team is disciplined and make few mistakes as for a bunch of avg player? You are full of it these are not avg players there are some quality players on that defense and to sit there and act like these defensive players are lack talent and it is all the coach only shows me how clueless you are. The did a very good job in the game on defense so did the Rams who held the 4th highest team in check. The game came down to missed plays by the Rams like Goff missing a wide open Woods in the end zone on a blown coverage by the Pats and a big pass play to Gronk to get the Pats down by the goal line late in the game. I commend both team defense for playing as they did.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He won the AFC championship game without Brady against the Steelers to get to his first Super Bowl. On the road. Brady goes down in game 1 of 2008 and hurt the entire season. He wins 10 or 11 games with Cassel. Meanwhile in Dallas, we win 4 games when our QB goes down in the middle of the season.

To discount a coach who has built what he has is flat out silly. Look at every single great coach. Now name me one who didn't have a great QB. On the flip side, name me a great QB who had a terrible head coach and lets compare accomplishments. Head coach and QB go hand in hand. They are the 2 most important aspects of a team. If you have one and not the other, you aren't going to be as successful and really not even close.

Yes with BP team and Bledsoe as the QB. So that makes Switzer great as well? All I heard was Switzer did not win it was not his team.

I agree HC and QB go hand in hand but I will say OC like Turner who ran the Cowboys offense with Aikman was never able to find the success as HC without Aikman. Jimmy never found success once he left Dallas even with Marino

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Actually I look forward to seeing him try to win without Brady. He'll probably retire first.

RoboQB

Reaction score
So this is the offseason!?!
Some clown on the board trying to throw shade at Bill Belichick!?!

Trollin', trollin', trollin'.
Doomsday's head is swollen.
He bumped his head.
He could've been dead.
That was such a stupid thing he said... lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yes with BP team and Bledsoe as the QB. So that makes Switzer great as well? All I heard was Switzer did not win it was not his team.

I agree HC and QB go hand in hand but I will say OC like Turner who ran the Cowboys offense with Aikman was never able to find the success as HC without Aikman. Jimmy never found success once he left Dallas even with Marino

Parcells left NE after the 1996 season. Belichick showed up in 2000. There's a 4 year gap in your Switzer comparison.

Pape

Reaction score
Parcells left NE after the 1996 season. Belichick showed up in 2000. There's a 4 year gap in your Switzer comparison.

the caroll years... to be fair to doomsday, the core of those early 2000's patriot teams were established under parcells ... Whigham, McGinest, Bruschi, Coates, Armstrong, Beldsoe, Law, Milloy, Slade, Rucci, Lane etc all came in under the Tuna... Caroll gave us such wonders like Andy Katzenmoyer, tebucky jones and michael bishop... although PC did draft Kevin Faulk, who was pretty damn good...

Big_D

Reaction score
take that last season in the context of what was happening in cleveland. it was announced halfway thru the season that the team was abandoning cleveland and moving to baltimore... the wheels came off the franchise wagon in the back half of the season...

People don't want to hear this. Some still think Garrett is in the same hemisphere because of that record in Cleveland. lol Even discounting BBs work as a DC. He completely shut down the running game that made this team look ridiculous. The guy wins 6 Super Bowls and it's all Brady. lol Was it all Montana or all Bradshaw or all Staubach? No ones really paying attention if they believe that.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Art Modell relocated the team to Baltimore in 1996 and Bill was subsequently fired. It wasn't because of his coaching.
Of course it was because of his coaching. Just because a franchise relocates doesn't mean you have to fire the Coach.

The Browns won 10 more games the 5 years before Belichick arrived than they did the 5 years he was there, so let's not act like he took a perennial loser and completely turned them around. And the Patriots were 5-13 under Belichick before Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe off the map. They literally turned around as a franchise that day.

Last edited: